Put a deposit on a RS 225 today!!
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Put a deposit on a RS 225 today!!

Hi all,

Advertisement

Traded in the MKIV Golf GTi today on a RS 225.
    Its a Techno Grey, just the norm, didn't bother with the Luxury pack.

So now i start the waiting game. They say it should be two weeks (it has to come from melbourne, its not even complianced yet).

Do you think 10 business days should be about right if it has to come from Melbourne to Sydney?

Congratulations on your purchase. The Megane RS225 in Grey is sexy, I had myself conisdered it before getting the 180.

When I placed the order on the 180, I was told nothing more than 2 weeks (it was a Monday, so told next Friday week I should be driving it).
    They explained that the car was in Brisbane, and shipping it would take 4 business days (From tuesday), so it should be in Melbourne on the following Monday, then to do the paper work etc, and to be on the 'safe' side Friday was the confirmed day.

I managed to sell the old gti during the first week, and had planned that the new owner would be picking it up on Friday (ie same day of getting the 180).

But, coming Tuesday, I get the disturbing call that it will be another week . I was settled for the gti 2 days later, the lady took her, and I got stuck in a rental Getz for a week which I payed for. (I wasn't too fussy with the salesreps, I was convinced it was a good deal and didn't want act like a dickhead for $200 rental)

Eventually, I got the car 1 week later than planned, but who's complaining that Getz was a hell fun

In Australia: 05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: 09 C3 Exclusive

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

Conrats !

Mate well done, great car you will love it.

Its a nice sign that the car has to come from Melb, people have been telling me that most dealers have stock an cant shift them, so if its coming up that a good thing.

As for 10 days, well i thinks its going to be more 15, but better they dont rush and do a crap pre delivery.

What dealer did you go with?

Did you know that the Cup version is due later in the year? not sure what the final specs are, but would be worth the wait i think.

Cant wait to order mine ..... soon ... coming soon ...

Congrats again

Dom

Tadpole

I ordered it at North Shore Renault.
    Yeah i was aware that the cup is coming. The sales manager showed me the email he received from renault with the advertisement that will be used attached. It also pointed to some confusion RE it being 3 door, the email said that it will be a 5 door.
    I'm not all that keen on stiffer suspension and 18 inch rims (costly tyres) for an extra $3000 so i didn't mind getting a good deal on the standard instead.
    Geez i hope its not 15 days, i can't wait that long

Icon10

Good choice mate, I'm sure you will enjoy. Having had the 225 for over 6 months now I still can't think (for me) a better alternative.

I would love a set of those cup wheels but everything else doesn't really appeal in terms of the cup model. Considering I think there will be only one choice of colour in the cup model I'm hoping depreciation wont be as severe as I thought.

cheers
    Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by plugger
    ...Traded in the MKIV Golf GTi today on a RS 225. ...
    good boy!

Its good to someone going from vw to frog... it seems to be the norm at the moment to go the other way, the mkV golf is winning over many a frogophile
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

Hi all,

Traded in the MKIV Golf GTi today on a RS 225.
    Its a Techno Grey, just the norm, didn't bother with the Luxury pack.

So now i start the waiting game. They say it should be two weeks (it has to come from melbourne, its not even complianced yet).

Do you think 10 business days should be about right if it has to come from Melbourne to Sydney?
    Did the 9 month wait on the MKV put you off from getting it? I have seen one MKV on the rd, and to tell you the truth its really nice...........
    04' GTi 180

Tadpole

That was a factor. If the MKV was available now for delivery i can honestly say it would probably have been my first choice mainlyfor its looks and resale, but i still feel the Megane drives better.

I saw an advert on the weekend in the sun herald in sydney saying the meganne 225 is down to $AUD44990.
    They have to come down more then we will see more of them. Great cars though.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    I saw an advert on the weekend in the sun herald in sydney saying the meganne 225 is down to $AUD44990.
    They have to come down more then we will see more of them. Great cars though.
    Daniel if you check out the September issue of F1 Racing or the October issue of Motor (pg 46) you will see that Renault Aust is selling them for $39 990 plus onroads.
    A Gordini is still a GORDINI!!!

Tadpole

yep 39990 was the price, and i got it for $41000 drive away including mats and tint and they gave me a great trade in, basically the same as the best offer i have had privately

Hey plugger, I hope the RS225 will be a cool ride, my partner has a Golf GTI and she is really happy with it, but can't make the jump to either new car at the moment because of $$$$, she's into VW I'm into Renault, but good to hear your onboard....

For those who what to see how the mkvgti is seen around the world, check out this site with 200MB worth of vid content about the car... I think it's interesting even if it's not a renault, know your enemy I say...
    http://www.mkvgti.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18
    Up online till OCt 11 they say

I am still looking for videos like this list on the RS225 etc it would be good if someone did a similar thing

Icon10

yep 39990 was the price, and i got it for $41000 drive away including mats and tint and they gave me a great trade in, basically the same as the best offer i have had privately

Nice price you got there Plugger. I got mine for $42000 on the road when they were still 42990 + ORC.

You'll love the car I promise

Dave

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Fellow Frogger!

Default Megane RS CUP

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Deskt...ias=carpointau

well, if this is anything to go by...it's confirmed!
    5 door cup with 3 door to follow soon mid-next yr with the facelift.

i can't wait...it looks good and we get the cup wheels, suspension (obviously!), ESP switchable, new steering mechanism.

if the pics are indicative of the model here, it gets climate control as well, instead of just plain a/c like UK.

only thing left is to see the facelift and see if it's worth waiting another few months for that also!

moosey

Nice work, plugger. Two weeks should be achieveable as the guys at Northshore are pretty switched on - the best Renault guys in Sydney in both sales team and factory servicing IMO. Check out www.ozrenaultsport.com when you get a chance - there are a few 225 guys on here too (including Dave). We're having a drive day on 30 October if you're keen to go for a good run

$AUD 39990 for these cars is a steal.Great machines and they look fantastic?

Has anyone on here got the "estival" yet?

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    $AUD 39990 for these cars is a steal.Great machines and they look fantastic?

Has anyone on here got the "estival" yet?
    I think 1 person was posting on here a couple of weeks back saying they had got one, can't remember details though.

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Thread Information