Towing with a fuego???
  • Register
  • Help
    al

Default Towing with a fuego???

My immobile 205 needs to be removed from my garage to get access to another car, but i don't really want to pay a towey to do it... I also don't want to use the Mi16 to haul it out, but with the fuego i don't really have anything to lose...

Where should i attach a tow rope to on the back of the fuego though? Will it be capible of pulling the pug out?

Advertisement
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Slow & easy ... should pull it out effortlessly (we aren't talking up a cliff face are we ).

The little Poogoe isn't going to be hard to me, 2 people could easily push it, so another car isn't going to struggle. Certainly I wouldn't recommend trying to tow in on a trailer behind the Fuego though

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

We have pushed non running Cx's up and down our driveway and garden before, just need a couple of mates and a few beers as long as whoever is steering is ready with the handbrake at all times you cant really go wrong.

Shouldn't have a problem using the mi16 or the fuego either.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    We have pushed non running Cx's up and down our driveway and garden before, just need a couple of mates and a few beers as long as whoever is steering is ready with the handbrake at all times you cant really go wrong.

Shouldn't have a problem using the mi16 or the fuego either.

Dave
    I've pulled much more with my R8, many times.

JohnW

stick you head under the back bumper, and you should see a towing hook,or two.I would not trust too much weight off this, but for what its worth, towed my fuego shell up a very steep drive,with no trouble.Being very steep,I always have a main and a safety line just in case an accident happens with the main.Once,when i was doing some labouring, the skip bin was put in the wrong place and the door wouldn't open.I tried towing it .Reved it up, droped the clutch and lit it up for about five seconds.Of course the bin hadn't moved, but the point is,unless you ride the clutch, you can pretty much tow anything.I use about six foot of chain, with a plank and tyres to protect the fuego in case of a kiss,and my mum in the wreck operating the hand brake.The bigest worry is the person in the back car braking too sudenly(rusty disks???) and ripping the tow hook off the front car.For this reason use a chain, not a rope as if the hook does come off,you would not want to be anywhere near where it is going to end up(impaled in your radiator)
    Good luck.Cowboy Jo

1000+ Posts

Default Fuego - towing

Al

Fuego will tow just about anything, the tow bars secure at the back and onto the chassis rail each side, so if you put a longish bolt through that hole either side and run the chain or rope back to the towed car, should be easy to tow out slowly. pad chain/rope where it may contact the back bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    Al

Fuego will tow just about anything, the tow bars secure at the back and onto the chassis rail each side, so if you put a longish bolt through that hole either side and run the chain or rope back to the towed car, should be easy to tow out slowly. pad chain/rope where it may contact the back bumper.
    Doesn't you car have rear tow hooks??
    Jo

1000+ Posts

Default Has a tow bar

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    Doesn't you car have rear tow hooks??
    Jo
    Mine has a tow bar and ball. Al's is an early Fuego, It does have the hook up points, not sure if it has tow hooks as such. towing off the chassis tow bar securing points evenly distributes strain.

To tow another Fuego (out of driveways etc) wire rope to two front tow hooks and middle looped over tow ball, safe quick and easy (if you have the tow bar! )
    Last edited by Kenfuego; 19th September 2005 at 03:08 PM. Reason: tow instead of two

al

Mr Fuego did brilliantly! I managed to get up my relatively steep and mossy driveway without any wheelspin, and it didn't feel like there was anything behind... My sister was absolutely astounded that the car was capible of doing anything useful, and she then took it for her first drive...

I'm actually quite sad that it will be going tomorrow as i am so proud of it at the moment... I had actually given up trying to sell it, and was looking for somewhere to store it, but out of the blue i got an email yesterday.. Anyway, i hope it recieves the attention it deserves under its new owner...
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Congrat al, any money change hand?

ed ge

al

Quote Originally Posted by edgedweller
    Congrat al, any money change hand?

ed ge
    A short heavy-duty length of chain and a couple of d shackle thingys cost about $30...

And are you following me edge? I think you just replied in 3 of my topics??
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Thread Information