r4
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: r4

Default r4

restoring a few r4 cars 1963, wondering what seats suposed to be in there? someone could helpme out ? cor.

Advertisement

Default r4 seats

Quote Originally Posted by boon
    restoring a few r4 cars 1963, wondering what seats suposed to be in there? someone could help me out ? cor.
    Hi I have restored many r4s, what information about the seats would you like. George

Default r4 seats

Quote Originally Posted by georgejohnson
    Hi I have restored many r4s, what information about the seats would you like. George
    in one r 4 is a steelframe frontbench wit ropes as base, rear ,very simple folding bench ,the other one ,simple rear folding bench,2 front seats,look like some later model seats , both cars 1963 .wonder what the original seats are .thanks cor

If they are the original seats in each car, the one with the steel frame front bench seat is a 1963 model R1123. This had a vinyl covered hammock type front bench, with a foam cushion folding rear bench. If it is the original car, likely an R1123 with an oval plate lower than 75xxx.

The 1964 model R1123's had the separate front seats with a foam cushion as standard, with the backrest being of the hammock design. These had the same rear seat as the earlier car with minor differences to the design. These cars are generally R1123 with an oval plate greater than 75xxx.

Default r4 seats

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    If they are the original seats in each car, the one with the steel frame front bench seat is a 1963 model R1123. This had a vinyl covered hammock type front bench, with a foam cushion folding rear bench. If it is the original car, likely an R1123 with an oval plate lower than 75xxx.

The 1964 model R1123's had the separate front seats with a foam cushion as standard, with the backrest being of the hammock design. These had the same rear seat as the earlier car with minor differences to the design. These cars are generally R1123 with an oval plate greater than 75xxx.
    thanks simon the first one ,must be correct1963 ,,r1123, dont know what you meen by ...lower than75xxx ......or greater than 75xxx the next r4 you say ; foam cushion,back rest hamock style. it is 1123 and was told, from '63, seats are wrong, year might be wrong have to find out what year for sure ,regards cor

Quote Originally Posted by boon
    .... dont know what you meen by ...lower than75xxx ......or greater than 75xxx ......
    Under the bonnet of the R4, on the bulkhead adjacent to the bonnet latch is an oval shaped aluminium plate pop riveted to the body, unless the rivets have corroded and the plate has fallen off....

Anyway the oval plate has the car type number, in this case R1123, the version number, likely 80 if the car is the poor roads, tropical climate spec that was sold in Australia at the time, and another number which is the consecutive serial number of each car. In this case numbers below 75092 (the xxx in the previous message denoted the three last numbers) indicate a 1963 French model year car, and numbers 75093-158638 on the R1123 indicate the 1964 French model year cars which had the later separate front seats.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Finally somoene that wants R4 parts...

My father disassembled about 7 of them when I was a little kid. Probably bugger all of them left now, but I do remember seeing lights/indicators lenses for one recently in his shed.

Anyone interested if I can find them ???

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    Finally somoene that wants R4 parts...

My father disassembled about 7 of them when I was a little kid. Probably bugger all of them left now, but I do remember seeing lights/indicators lenses for one recently in his shed.

Anyone interested if I can find them ???

seeya,
    Shane L.
    i need lots of parts see what you have and let me know. cor

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Under the bonnet of the R4, on the bulkhead adjacent to the bonnet latch is an oval shaped aluminium plate pop riveted to the body, unless the rivets have corroded and the plate has fallen off....

Anyway the oval plate has the car type number, in this case R1123, the version number, likely 80 if the car is the poor roads, tropical climate spec that was sold in Australia at the time, and another number which is the consecutive serial number of each car. In this case numbers below 75092 (the xxx in the previous message denoted the three last numbers) indicate a 1963 French model year car, and numbers 75093-158638 on the R1123 indicate the 1964 French model year cars which had the later separate front seats.
    the first car seems to be right 1123 seats like your description but no number 80 ,below 1123 are the letters S T D .below that a number far below 75xxx the other car is 1120,below that is 45 600.below this, numbers start 11xxx seats like i said before,thank you for your help cor

Thread Information