"Current" Laguna - purchased!
  • Register
  • Help

Icon10 "Current" Laguna - purchased!

Hi all,

Well, we're thoughroughly members now - we are owners of a 10/03-built-05/04-complianced Laguna Privilege LX! Has dead cow seats, sunroof, spoiler, 17 in. wheels, very happy.

A couple of minor questions:
    1) Did all LXs come with the speaking fault monitor? Ours doesn't seem to have that button on the dash that lets you "test" the voice function but I don't know if works regardless (nothing broken yet!)

2) Did Australian LXs have the transducers for tyre pressure or did that fail/contravene ADRs? Again, I haven't looked closely but ours doesn't seem to have it?

Ta much,

Mark.

Mark.

Advertisement
    Last edited by MarkR; 16th September 2005 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR
    Hi all,

Well, we're thoughroughly members now - we are owners of a 10/03-built-05/04-complianced Laguna Privilege LX! Has dead cow seats, sunroof, spoiler, 17 in. wheels, very happy.

A couple of minor questions:
    1) Did all LXs come with the speaking fault monitor? Ours doesn't seem to have that button on the dash that lets you "test" the voice function but I don't know if works regarless (nothing broken yet!)

2) Did Australian LXs have the transducers for tyre pressure or did that fail/contravene ADRs? Again, I haven't looked closely but ours doesn't seem to have it?

Ta much,

Mark.

Mark.
    Hi Mark!

Welcome to the Laguna family! I went for the "standard" Privilege as full leather in QLD isn't the greatest! In answer to your questions :

1/ From what I understand both the Privilege and Privilege LX had the voice synthesiser. You can manually kick her into gear by pushing the left most button on the right hand side of the dash panel (partly obscured by the steering wheel). Make sure you push the upper part; the lower part actually turns the voice off. This action will cause the vehicle systems to run a self check and report anything amiss.

2/ I'm not too sure about the tyre pressure monitors either. The display on the dash shows the read out spaces but they never show a pressure. Whether they were removed previously or were simply deleted I'm not sure. I have checked the Renault Australia web site though and it is listed as a standard feature so I guess the previous owner removed them for some reason??

Enjoy a great car!

Tony

Icon14

Welcome Mark Congratulations!! (nice car!)

ufortunately...we don't get the tyre pressure feature in Aust
    not sanctioned by ADR
    I suppose they think that the average aussie can't be trusted not to rotate their tyres, causing the readouts to be all over the place or something! there are quite a few functions that are quite nice that we don't get to take advantage of....tyre pressure readouts, isofix child restraint, proximity card unlocking....

was it explained to you about the card settings on the privelege? each key/card will remember your driver settings & adjust accordingly (seats etc)
    his & hers keys

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Fellow Frogger!

ufortunately...we don't get the tyre pressure feature in Aust
    not sanctioned by ADR
    HSVs have that option/standard.. so it is quite legal under ADRs.

I would think that cost rather than particular ADRs made Renault decontent the car.

Welcome Mark.
    The laguna is a great car and I love it. They are everywhere in France. I think they are a great car.
    Hope the wisdom on this board helps at times.

1000+ Posts

Congratulations on the purchase, and enjoy the car!

my friend with a laguna is most upset thast the talking fault monitor doesn't have a french accent - she is vaguely transatlantic
    1970 R12, stupidly sold in 1983
    1976 504, died 1994 to my disgrace
    Various cheap nasty fridges on wheels I'm not going to confess to and are long gone anyway
    2002 Clio 1.6
    2005 Scenic II

Quote Originally Posted by ColinJ
    my friend with a laguna is most upset thast the talking fault monitor doesn't have a french accent - she is vaguely transatlantic
    If she asks her dealer nicely, they can change the language to French for her. It'll also be a female voice if you do that :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

1000+ Posts

There's also an option for a 'sleazy onion seller always on Gitanes' voice.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by Australdi
    was it explained to you about the card settings on the privelege? each key/card will remember your driver settings & adjust accordingly (seats etc)
    his & hers keys
    Australdi,

Looking at the manual it appears there should be a memory button on the seat, near the position adjusters; on our car it's not there.

As per the original two questions on this thread, it appears that our car is missing both the speech function and the memory function. Do you know if ALL Privileges were meant to come with these features? Of course, I'm wondering why ours didn't...

As a complete cynic I have to say it is really good to see people going for the newer models and becoming almost fellow froggers.

For a long time AF was the province of saddo R12 owners etc.......no offence intended Stuey and Simon as I was until recently a fellow saddo until I discovered Lada Niva. (Read that as formerly manageable with Prozac now in need of institutional management.)

Welcome
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Welcome Mark.
    The laguna is a great car and I love it. They are everywhere in France. I think they are a great car. .
    Jeeeezus Daniel...just how big is your garage???
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Jeeeezus Daniel...just how big is your garage???
    No where near big enough. I would love a Laguna.

OK: the joys of model years and trim variations. One of the delights of cars in this modern age (and probably others, when I think about it; I should know better, I have a 70s Jag... ). Posted here for those who may be looking for a Laguna.

Talking to the Renault customer care line: for MY03 (i.e. our car), the Laguna Privilege LX dropped:
    - voice synthesis

- trays under driver's seat

And introduced:

- in-dash (instead of in-boot) 6-stacker CD

- ESP understeer control.

Seat/mirror position memory linked to the smart card was never available on the Australian models. Which to my mind is the single biggest loss. Oh well, we're debating gee-gaws, it's still basically a good car.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    As a complete cynic I have to say it is really good to see people going for the newer models and becoming almost fellow froggers.

For a long time AF was the province of saddo R12 owners etc.......no offence intended Stuey and Simon as I was until recently a fellow saddo until I discovered Lada Niva. (Read that as formerly manageable with Prozac now in need of institutional management.)

Welcome
    No offence taken, you mongrel git.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

until recently a fellow saddo until I discovered Lada Niva. (Read that as formerly manageable with Prozac now in need of institutional management.)
    I love it a Niva lover. Bogmaster what about the Cevaro and the sable and the Samara?

Uhuh so thread hijack happens on this forum too hey.

1000+ Posts

Default Not to worry

Mark its a bit of the spice of life, don't worry when you need help or advice its a great forum - Welcome

Tadpole

OK: the joys of model years and trim variations. One of the delights of cars in this modern age (and probably others, when I think about it; I should know better, I have a 70s Jag... ). Posted here for those who may be looking for a Laguna.

Talking to the Renault customer care line: for MY03 (i.e. our car), the Laguna Privilege LX dropped:
    - voice synthesis

- trays under driver's seat

And introduced:

- in-dash (instead of in-boot) 6-stacker CD

- ESP understeer control.

Seat/mirror position memory linked to the smart card was never available on the Australian models. Which to my mind is the single biggest loss. Oh well, we're debating gee-gaws, it's still basically a good car.

Thanks for the research Mark. I'll keep this info in mind on my own search for a Laguna.

Default Laguna puzzles

Quote Originally Posted by Deech
    Thanks for the research Mark. I'll keep this info in mind on my own search for a Laguna.
    OK, now you guys have really got me confused!

I have an '02 Laguna Privilege (not LX). My understanding was that the LX added leather and sunroof - other specs were the same. Now I wonder if that is right?

For the record, my car has voice, 6 stack in boot and ESP. I thought ESP was standard on all V6's??? Australdi - what say you??

Tony

Hi Tony,

The LX has leather, sunroof, spoiler, 17 in. wheels. As per post, it appears cars manufactured in or after 2003 dropped speech synthesis and trays under driver's seat (in the Oz models). They introduced in-dash (cf. in-boot) CD stacker and an added feature on the ESP, which was understeer protection (yes, ESP is/was always there).

Here endeth my anal retentive investigation.

And yep, would be good to have Australdi confirmation!

HTH,

Mark.

1000+ Posts

Mark, this is all part of AF life. It's usually all good stuff if you go with the flow, and will meander back on topic!

Cheers

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Mark, this is all part of AF life. It's usually all good stuff if you go with the flow, and will meander back on topic!

Cheers

Stuey
    Fair enuf Stuey (et al), 'tis the same on all other forums I'm on... was just having a whiney moment...

Thread Information