Perhaps we should export Fuegos!!!!
  • Register
  • Help

Default Perhaps we should export Fuegos!!!!

Have a look at some of the prices on this link and mainly in $USD

Advertisement

http://fuego.idoneos.com/
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

fascinating - I guess cos there's less money around in venezuela the older cars are worth more than they are here, cos more people are chasing them. same sort of reason for the trade that used to go on importing second hand cars from japan, only a few years old but not worth anything in theior market (or did they fail some corrupt roadworthy system there?)
    1970 R12, stupidly sold in 1983
    1976 504, died 1994 to my disgrace
    Various cheap nasty fridges on wheels I'm not going to confess to and are long gone anyway
    2002 Clio 1.6
    2005 Scenic II

al

Those wishing to export their fuego:

1. Al
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

1000+ Posts

Default Ebay listing UK

Westair

I have noticed that Australian Fuego's that also come up on the UK site have up to 300 or 400 hits from UK ebayers, they certainly wish our cars were over there at those prices.

Exports of course do happen as the world market shifts - I well recall my wifes brother bringing in Mustangs from the desert regions of the USA, they sold very well too even though it cost about 3.5k to convert them to right hand drive at that time.

Al you never know that elusive call from the US or whatever for that Fuego, of course it would have been far more economical to restore and enjoy than that other car you are having so much "fun" with

Ken

I had some Shiek from Dubai, that runs an import/export company offer me $4000 for my Fuego! He wanted to buy it for his son for his 21st.
    At first I was sceptical, maybe he wants to fill the tyres with cocaine or something. Or maybe they wanted my account details and plunder my millions! But he never asked for account details, he had a contact here in Sydney who was going to give me a cheque.
    Then I saw a doco on Dubai and how money is no objest for them, so it got me thinking, maybe it's legit!
    But I've had a change in heart since then and decided to keep my beloved Fuego.
    And before you ask Al, I no longer have this dudes email address, sorry mate!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

At least as people become aware that Fuegos do have a value it may get the prices up here.
    Perhaps Australia is the only place that hairdressers in Sydney had such an effect on perception of Fuegos.
    In Europe the MB 230SL was known as the hookers cars as upmarket callgirls could afford them but now they are very collectable.
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

[QUOTE=Westair]At least as people become aware that Fuegos do have a value it may get the prices up here.
    I hope that never happens.!As long as people dont appreciate their value ,I have a ready supply of new cars and parts.If a fuego was say, $4000-$8000,I'd never have got into them in the first place and would instead have gone for a Mi16 or something with a bit more poke.Sorry to say it Al, but I like it when fuego's dont sell as it indicates that their value has not risen.It tels me that a very good one can be picked up for next to nothing, with time and owner frustration doing the haggleing for me.I'm not in the habit of selling fuego's for that reason.Having cheap fuego's also means cheap parts, as anyone with the real estate can keep a wreck.I'm at the point with parts, that I can not worry too much if their value rises. If their price rose quickly, some interesting issues will present, when the major insurance companies' write off value does not match the street value. Luckily at the moment it exceeds street value.
    Jo

Thread Information