What is Renault Oz doing? - Page 6
  • Register
  • Help
Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    Its hard to separate the genuine and the disruptive/repetitive
    Regards :
    Five pages of replies over about a month, probably about 40 odd separate people having participated in this thread. Only one person seems to be offended by the usual AF’s phenomenon of wandering off topic like any other normal conversation.

Advertisement

In usual AF form, it will wander back on topic as N5Gti and Europa have done in their replies regarding Renault AUS service attitudes. Don’t get so aerated Ken, life is too short for posting OT replies about OT replies to threads. I seriously doubt things will change. FWIW I’ve no problem with people from the “other side” joining in, it gives an opportunity to set them straight with facts, or for blinkered attitudes to be popped with good objective information.

1000+ Posts

Default Irritated!!

Simon
    There is a reasonable point, and if the thread had been moderated half the posts would have been ditched IMHO - It would be nice for once to have someone be unhappy with our distribution or spares or whatever and it not drag through the pains this one did - half of which have nothing to do with the original post.

I don't think that I would do this in another French Car Forum, let alone some other make, and if I did, I would rightly expect some objection from the moderator.

Regards.

Administrator

C'mon Guys,

Can't we all just get along

Let's atleast try and get this thread remotely back on topic...the subject of which IS NOT:

a: "Is Renault about to buy GM?"

b: "10 reasons why the entire VW range of vehicle make me want to cream my under garments...."

c: "Which Auto Group makes the most money/most boring cars (which we all know is Totota on both counts)?"
    Last edited by mistareno; 10th October 2005 at 12:41 PM.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    I bet there were a good deal of people who had no idea what a "Frosch" was. Nothing wrong with that username, he's well within his rights to get a Golf GTI, made a good decision and he's not going to be the only one on this forum with a Golf GTI.
    The point I was making is that you're telling a guy that registers on Aussiefrogs that his username is German for frog!

On the Chinese theme, my Nikon lenses are Chinese built and sharp as a tack, albeit slightly more plasticky than traditional Chinese stuff. If you want an indicator of good Chinese built gear, Google on Shanling - fabulous Chinese design and performance in hi-fi gear. Incidentally, they've also bought up some of the names in high end hi-fi too.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    The point I was making is that you're telling a guy that registers on Aussiefrogs that his username is German for frog!
    The point I was making was that he wins brownie points for his username, despite saying he wasn't sorry for choosing a GTI

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    The point I was making was that he wins brownie points for his username, despite saying he wasn't sorry for choosing a GTI
    The point I was making was...shut up, you GIT!

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealFrog
    GM lost 258m CASH, and they are losing more and morel
    GM have $US32.2 Billion cash at bank. Don't believe me? Follow this link

EDIT: apologies to all for this post being so off topic. I can't say I see what the fuss is. As far as the original topic was concerned, this thread ended pages ago.

Ken won't argue (with supported fact) with people so instead claims they are trying to destroy forum harmony. Time and again.
    Last edited by Sergetov; 11th October 2005 at 07:17 PM.

1000+ Posts

Icon12 Tut Tut Tim!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    GM have $US32.2 Billion cash at bank. Don't believe me? Follow this link

EDIT: apologies to all for this post being so off topic. I can't say I see what the fuss is. As far as the original topic was concerned, this thread ended pages ago.

Ken won't argue (with supported fact) with people so instead claims they are trying to destroy forum harmony. Time and again.
    Are we supposed to argue for the sake of?? Trouble is Tim, you never know when to stop! Now the fact, Oh yes, I started a thread for you and I to argue all that rubbish in the Toad pond where it wouldn't clutter up the important threads and then you spoiled it by agreeing with me - I couldn't buy an argument.

Now I'm waiting for you to actually start a contraversial thread one day and then we can all bone up on our facts and and attack en masse! Viva the Revolution!!

The last half of this thread would be better in the Toad Pond anyway IMHO! - over to you Vivid!

Into the trenches!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    Now I'm waiting for you to actually start a contraversial thread one day
    If you want to get controversial, we could discuss if spelling amongst younger people really is as bad as the older ones think it is??

Dragging the thread back on topic, from the Sydney Motorshow thread it sounds like Renault don’t have anything really new in the tank apart from the RSM Cup Suspension option.

It will be interesting if Renault do win the F1 manufacturers trophy whether there will be a run on the RS cars. Especially now the RSC is out of production, and there can’t be too many post June ’05 build RSC’s (the latest batch that I know of in AUS) that will carry the “sporting” theme over the next 12 months. The only RS cars being the RSM 225 and the 225 Cup. For Sydney motor show it would have been nice if the upgraded Megane 165 turbo “lite” could have been added to the range.

Obviously the new Clio 3 will likely be introduced at Melbourne Motor Show, but with the Clio 3 RS slated for a release mid next year in Europe, it will be at least 12 months without an entry level RS for Australia. VDA must be pulling their hair out after all their hard work trying to re-establish brand credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    The only RS cars being the RSM 225 and the 225 Cup. For Sydney motor show it would have been nice if the upgraded Megane 165 turbo “lite” could have been added to the range.
    I agree, the Megane 2.0T motor would be a nice addition to the range, especially for people who need just that little extra "poke". Interestingly whilst it's listed on the Renault France website, I'm unable to find it on the Renault UK website. Maybe LHD option only? Or maybe just the website isn't up to date!

Having driven the normally aspirated Megane 2.0L, I'm happy it's up to the job at hand. Combined with the 6 speed gearbox (not a bad set of ratios either I thought), it seems to have a good spread of torque, with a nice boost higher up in the rev range as the VVT comes into play.

I guess with the 2.0T motor, The Megane could compare with the Mk IV VW Golf GTi (Megane 2.0T = 165HP, 270NM vs Golf 1.8GTi = 150HP, 210NM)

Then again, the normally aspirated 2.0 motor in the Australian Megane isn't too far away from the older Golf GTi spec (Megane 2.0 = 136HP, 191NM) - about 90% of the performance with fuel consumption of the Megane at about 8L/100 (combined) compared to 10.5L/100 for the Golf.

Obviously the new Clio 3 will likely be introduced at Melbourne Motor Show, but with the Clio 3 RS slated for a release mid next year in Europe, it will be at least 12 months without an entry level RS for Australia. VDA must be pulling their hair out after all their hard work trying to re-establish brand credibility.
    That's going to be a problem for sure, the Clio RS seems to have gained quite a lot of street cred in Australia - hopefully Renault can minimise the delay. Should prop up the values of the existing cars for a bit longer!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

1000+ Posts

Default Ya got me!

If you want to get controversial, we could discuss if spelling amongst younger people really is as bad as the older ones think it is??

Git to admut that yuz gut me in that won! simon

I have also thought the Turbo 165 a great addition to the Megane scenic range.... the engine was in the megane car range... still in the scenic area

Scénic - Privilège 2.0 VVT 165 Euro IV
    http://www.renault.co.uk/

One point I heard last night on the radio, 774 ABC here in Melbourne was will hagen? if that’s how you spell his name, now some people love him and others don’t on his views of car reviews, but one thing he said in passing was interesting, not in what he said, but the message I got out of it.

He was talking about the sydney motorshow 05, and mentioned that Renault were there, and that he was impressed with the stand and the car range, the Megane's, F1 car etc, but lamented that he had not heard from the in 8 months.... WHAT IS RENAULT PR DOING???? are they lame, I really get the impression their PR dept are not up to scratch if they are not informing everyone (ie press, reviewers) about their releases.

So the point about no RS Clio or the usual gap in models will once again hurt our market, it's so hard to build a reputation, but so easy to destroy it.

It's a small point on a persons impression on renault not telling him whats going on, but it's a big point when he airs it in public on the radio...
    Last edited by Covert; 14th October 2005 at 11:56 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

when i was speaking to my dealer in Melbourne, i raised the same issue.
    i mentioned to him that there wasn't enough publicity to make the market aware. everyone is jumping onto a toyota, mazda or vw!

none of my friends shortlist renault when looking at a new car.
    cited examples like the price reduction on the 225 since 1 july, and the ad campaign probably came out in Sept.

he mentioned what was in the press earlier that Renaul have changed their advertising company and their strategy is to aim more for having a car at various shopping malls and in print media. the dealer thought the high exposure campaign like tv and big billboards was still important.

the other issue, from speaking to him, seems to be the lack of supply for cars for the Aust market. because it's soooo small, we don't get much priority and i'm not sure VDA are pro-active enough on bringing in the latest models sooner rather than later.

scenic for example, were short in supply apparently and the grand scenic hasn't been pushed out yet. as great a car that the clio is, it's ageing and it cannot keep up with the newer small cars for much longer, certainly not for another 12 months.

Icon14 Some positive news!

Hey guys,

My self an some of the members of the Renault Car Club of Australia went along to the Sydney International motor show last night.

We were invited by Renault, and the new sales manager, the new marketing manager an the MD were their to talk to us

During the introduction by the new sales manager (Ex Renault Singapore, Ex Renault France) the subject of dealer enthusiasm came up.

Your's truly mentioned the concern of most of us at the poor effort the dealers go to selling the Renault product. Let me assure you they know, an the dealers have been put on notice.

They are very aware that the dealer base may not be flying the "flag" as they should an have messieurs in place to correct that. Like anything it does not change overnight but at least they are aware of it.

The marketing manger is new (8 days in the job) and was horrified to hear some of the stories of how people were being treated. He is keen to get involved and know the market and the Renault customer.

I think the MD got an ear bashing on these an other subjects, an has taken it on board.

The new sales manager being French of course, has the Renault " Passion" and that's his goal to instil it into the dealers, make then as enthusiastic as some of us, an for a change they might learn something about the product.

As for advertising, well they are working within the budget that is available, its a catch 22, if they don't sell many cars, they wont get the advertising bucks needed.

They have decided to spend 2006, re enforcing Renault safety, comfort, and passion, through print media, bill boards, and I believe on TV as well with the new Drive program that starts in Oct here in Sydney(not sure about the rest of Australia, but I guess it will).

If Renault win the constructors championship in the F1, i think they will use that as well.

If I get the signals correctly, Renault may even be a sponsor of the show or something like that as they said we would see many more Renault on the TV ...Not sure but that's another good sign.

I was impressed with the way these guys handled themselves and I am again convinced that Renault is here for the long haul, and have a plan in mind.

As for new cars, they were not giving away much at all, New Megane facelift for sure mid next year, other than that they were keeping it very tight lipped.

So its not all bad, Watch out dealers .... Renault is watching you !

By the way, took a long hard look at the Megane RS Cup, and have decided its for me, in blood orange, just need to sell the Clio.

Cars on display were, F1 mock up, Clio Cup (orange with stripes), Megane RS, Hatch, sedan, Cabrio, Scenic, Traffic an that's about it, they were on a new looking corporate stand that looked ok, could have done with more cars. Mind you they had a smallish stand, toyota had a huge stand, an it was empty .... a hand full of cars .... looked ridiculous.

Dom

I reckon their new advertising strategy may be the way to go, especially in the likely reducing size of the sports market as the RSC runs out over the next few months. Renault have tried the blanket TV, bus, tram and billboard campaigns, it probably started the ball rolling, but little more. At the moment Renault have a very family friendly range of cars, having them in malls and newspapers is probably the way to go because those are places where families hang out, and they can touch, feel and read about the features rather than just get told about them in 30 seconds and forgotten on the teev, or remember what a mate of a mate said about unreliable Renolt’s when they see the Renault tram rolling past.

I’m surprised with the non appearance of the Grand Scenic though, at the right price that would be a perfect alternative to promote given the current fuel prices. Especially with people rethinking about buying the smaller 4WD “family buggies”. Not to mention diesel variants especially in view of the current VW experience with diesel sales.

I still get the impression VDA really wants things to succeed, and that the very small Australasian market is the problem for Renault France in terms of model production, priority and availability for this region. That certainly seems to have been indicated in the past through the 1980’s and 90’s. You can’t really complain for choice now though, with the largest selection of Renault’s on sale in Australia ever, unless of course if you wanted an RSC Trophy :-).

Fellow Frogger!

renault need to bring out some diesel passenger cars.. Even MAZDA now has a diesel in the range.

And if it doesn't have at least 90kw+ don't bother!!

Then again, the normally aspirated 2.0 motor in the Australian Megane isn't too far away from the older Golf GTi spec (Megane 2.0 = 136HP, 191NM) - about 90% of the performance with fuel consumption of the Megane at about 8L/100 (combined) compared to 10.5L/100 for the Golf.
    Umm, whats the point of that comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by DrRenaultsport
    Hey guys,

My self an some of the members of the Renault Car Club of Australia went along to the Sydney International motor show last night.

We were invited by Renault, and the new sales manager, the new marketing manager an the MD were their to talk to us

During the introduction by the new sales manager (Ex Renault Singapore, Ex Renault France) the subject of dealer enthusiasm came up.

Your's truly mentioned the concern of most of us at the poor effort the dealers go to selling the Renault product. Let me assure you they know, an the dealers have been put on notice.

They are very aware that the dealer base may not be flying the "flag" as they should an have messieurs in place to correct that. Like anything it does not change overnight but at least they are aware of it.

The marketing manger is new (8 days in the job) and was horrified to hear some of the stories of how people were being treated. He is keen to get involved and know the market and the Renault customer.

I think the MD got an ear bashing on these an other subjects, an has taken it on board.

The new sales manager being French of course, has the Renault " Passion" and that's his goal to instil it into the dealers, make then as enthusiastic as some of us, an for a change they might learn something about the product.

As for advertising, well they are working within the budget that is available, its a catch 22, if they don't sell many cars, they wont get the advertising bucks needed.

They have decided to spend 2006, re enforcing Renault safety, comfort, and passion, through print media, bill boards, and I believe on TV as well with the new Drive program that starts in Oct here in Sydney(not sure about the rest of Australia, but I guess it will).

If Renault win the constructors championship in the F1, i think they will use that as well.

If I get the signals correctly, Renault may even be a sponsor of the show or something like that as they said we would see many more Renault on the TV ...Not sure but that's another good sign.

I was impressed with the way these guys handled themselves and I am again convinced that Renault is here for the long haul, and have a plan in mind.

As for new cars, they were not giving away much at all, New Megane facelift for sure mid next year, other than that they were keeping it very tight lipped.

So its not all bad, Watch out dealers .... Renault is watching you !

By the way, took a long hard look at the Megane RS Cup, and have decided its for me, in blood orange, just need to sell the Clio.

Cars on display were, F1 mock up, Clio Cup (orange with stripes), Megane RS, Hatch, sedan, Cabrio, Scenic, Traffic an that's about it, they were on a new looking corporate stand that looked ok, could have done with more cars. Mind you they had a smallish stand, toyota had a huge stand, an it was empty .... a hand full of cars .... looked ridiculous.

Dom
    That orange is one if the most revolting colour at the motor show, after the Holden FJiy (the one that look like it should have just come from LA with John Travolta & Olivia in it,- and a mingin' bluey Mazda 6. The Scenic was very a very comfortable car. There was a dude @ Renault saying "Come on down and sit in some Renaults", it was quite funny

The biggest getcha hand off it award goes to BMW for not being even able to open the doors of a $35K car without asking. (even Merc were piling people in to a CLS55). Sales people standing around checking themselves out in the mirrors and tossin' -I thought the 6 series was ugly..... - you should se it in the convertable. No other car maker there were so up themselves as Bavaria. I dont get why when only 2 models are made in Germany.

There seemed to be about nil interest for Volvo and esp. for Saab, which was interesting.

Being the worlds most profitable car maker, Toyota can be ridiculous I imagine

Quote Originally Posted by mantra
    Umm, whats the point of that comparison?
    Covert had suggested in another post on the forum that the 2.0T motor would be a good option for Australia - and Simon also mentioned it in this thread. I was trying to compare and contrast the 2.0T motor specs with a known quantity for Covert - his partner owns a Mark IV GTI Golf.

Sorry if it confused you in any way.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by Davide Perinet
    -I thought the 6 series was ugly..... - you should se it in the convertable.
    How about the rear window on the convertible - with the hood up - anyone who still thinks the Megane rear window is vertical should take a look at the BMW!

Tadpole

Icon5

I’m surprised with the non appearance of the Grand Scenic though, at the right price that would be a perfect alternative to promote given the current fuel prices. Especially with people rethinking about buying the smaller 4WD “family buggies”. Not to mention diesel variants especially in view of the current VW experience with diesel sales.
    Local dealer believes Grand Scenic will make a Nov 2005 appearance - should I believe him?

Fellow Frogger!

the dealer i visited suggested the same thing. i think they are finally getting supplies.

with respect to the marketing, looks like it's confirmed that there's some sponsorship of the Drive program.

see http://www.drive.com.au/DriveTV/MeetTeam.aspx

the website has also been updated for the Megane Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey

On the Chinese theme, my Nikon lenses are Chinese built and sharp as a tack, albeit slightly more plasticky than traditional Chinese stuff. If you want an indicator of good Chinese built gear, Google on Shanling - fabulous Chinese design and performance in hi-fi gear. Incidentally, they've also bought up some of the names in high end hi-fi too.

Stuey
    ..not to mention the mighty Seagull
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Thread Information