R25 radio wiring diagram
  • Register
  • Help

Icon6 R25 radio wiring diagram

My daughter has just got her licence and I've given my R25 to her. The original radio cassette is great but it wont play CD's. Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the original radio connections or the output from the voice synthesiser? The new CD unit (Kenwood)has a mute function that requires a "supplied earth" to switch it to the mute mode. I was wondering if the voice warning system supplied an earth to the original radio to switch it to mute when a situation exists. The voice alert has saved the engine twice now after blowing two water hoses. If anyone has an idea please let me know 'cause I want (need) the mute function operational.
    Thanks.

Thanks to all who responded. The thin wire in the small 3 pin plug to the original radio is the ground wire from the speech synthesiser. Connected this wire to the mute wire on the new radio. Started the engine and then pulled the instrument fuse. It worked, the radio went into mute mode and the voice alert took over. Now I'll be at ease when she's driving knowing that "bitching betty" (thats what the voice alert system in F/A-18 Hornets is nicknamed) will be looking after the engine for me.

Advertisement
    Last edited by Regie; 29th September 2005 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Regie
    My daughter has just got her licence and I've given my R25 to her. The original radio cassette is great but it wont play CD's. Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the original radio connections or the output from the voice synthesiser? The new CD unit (Kenwood)has a mute function that requires a "supplied earth" to switch it to the mute mode. I was wondering if the voice warning system supplied an earth to the original radio to switch it to mute when a situation exists. The voice alert has saved the engine twice now after blowing two water hoses. If anyone has an idea please let me know 'cause I want (need) the mute function operational.
    Thanks.
    Leave the original deck in (and retain all the features like display and remote control) and just a CD stacker that has an RF modulator. Connects into the aerial feed and the original deck thinks its a radio station.

Or, if she has an MP3 player, you can get transmitters for them that are picked up by the radio.

I had a single CD player in my R25 for a while, but had to take it out because they dont like being mounted facing up. The anti vibration chassis in them is only designed to work horizontally. You will find it skips if you look sideways at a bump. Even freeway cats eyes would make it skip
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

farmerdave

Quote Originally Posted by Regie
    Thanks.
    The radio mute function on the systhesiser is carried out by track 11 on the black plug.
    I'm not sure how it works, if it grounds or switches something. All of the warning functions are triggered by grounding the relevant track.

Farrmerdave

Default Mute for Car Phone?

Don't know whether this helps or is relevant but my brand new JVC KD-G615 CD tuner features a mute function that is triggered by activating the carphone / hands-free mobile. My Fuego doesn't have a carphone so my interest stops there - unless someone posts a schematic in this thread. Somehow I think I won't be able to resist, the same way some people must see under an open bonnet

Thread Information