New Yard in Sydney
  • Register
  • Help

New Yard in Sydney

There is a new yard that has opened in Sydney on Parramatta Rd, with Rick Damelian. There is no mention of this on the Renault website however. Does anyone know anything about it?
    I have driven past it many times it is quite good just didnt know he was going to sell our cars...

Advertisement

Excellent!

I am going to head over there right now and get a quote. Yep there is nothing on Renault's website, nor on Rick Damelian's.

I am in Surry Hills and Sutherland is too far, as is Northshore. Randwick have been in a dickhead competition sincetheir Peugeot days.

Ill be back later and let you know how it goes.

Brendan,

My mate got his from Parramatta. The guy he dealt with was very good. No pressure tactics etc. Answered all questions and didn't bullshit him.

I can get his name if you want.

Donkey, if your reading this, post his details.

Just got back from Rick Damelian Renault.

Their showroom is impressive, they are apparently the only dealer that has the Clio Sport in every available colour *in* their showroom. So that means you can driveaway with a Clio. Woo!

Walked in the door, was greeted by a very good salesman, Dan Daniel, who asked all the right questions etc.

He *asked me* if I wanted to test drive the car. Of course I said yes. I drove a black one with 20 kms on the clock. The other guy that took me for a drive in it said "you are not allowed to rev it or thrash it". So I may as well have driven a Commodore after that. I did notice that it sat very firmly on the road, the brakes are great, it has a nice induction sound, and it pulls well from down low. The seating position is much the same as my 306 really.

The drive was around the back streets of Annandale so i didnt get out of second gear. Really disappointing.

The dealer said the car was $35890 on the road and that is the best price I have seen so far. He also said that the trade in figure for my car was negotiable.

YELO20 - lets get your mate out for a fang!

[ 20 March 2002: Message edited by: macquered ]</p>

Fair enough that you weren't allowed to thrash the car really - I mean, if you bought one, would you thrash it after 20km of driving?

What you need is a dealer demo car with a few more KM's on the clock. But I suspect that may be hard to find, as the cars are probably being sold pretty quickly!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

...and besides how would you feel buying it if you knew some other test driving bastard had bounced the valves??

[quote]Originally posted by Europa:
    <strong>Fair enough that you weren't allowed to thrash the car really - I mean, if you bought one, would you thrash it after 20km of driving?

What you need is a dealer demo car with a few more KM's on the clock. But I suspect that may be hard to find, as the cars are probably being sold pretty quickly!</strong><hr></blockquote>
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

..and Daniel just for the record...Rick baby is selling the product of a multinational corporation..as I understand it your car is an automatic R19..mine is a manual R12.

[quote]Originally posted by BogMaster:
    <strong>...and besides how would you feel buying it if you knew some other test driving bastard had bounced the valves??

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Bogmaster I dont understand what my Automatic R19 has to do with the new yard opening up?

Please explain?? I was only asking if anyone knew any background info about its setup...

Simple Daniel....they aren't "our" cars until we actually buy one..until then they remain the property of the multinational manufactures that imported them, the dealer or the dealer's finance company that funds his floor plan.

Rickk is a hero and deserves the order of Lenin

[quote]Originally posted by danielsydney:
    <strong>Bogmaster I dont understand what my Automatic R19 has to do with the new yard opening up?

Please explain?? I was only asking if anyone knew any background info about its setup...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm sorry Daniel, I judt don't advocate that level of adulation...I like Renaults I admire the engineering have been fascinated by the clever solutions to common problems..but hey at th end of the day I just don't share level of commitment you have to the current operation...end of story.

I make no apologies for being cynical. I owe Renault zilch. Renault owes me zilch. I like their vehicles that's all

<strong>Simple Daniel....they aren't "our" cars until we actually buy one..until then they remain the property of the multinational manufactures that imported them, the dealer or the dealer's finance company that funds his floor plan.

</strong>[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Daniel, I judt don't advocate that level of adulation...I like Renaults I admire the engineering have been fascinated by the clever solutions to common problems..but hey at th end of the day I just don't share level of commitment you have to the current operation...end of story.

I make no apologies for being cynical. I owe Renault zilch. Renault owes me zilch. I like their vehicles that's all

<strong>Simple Daniel....they aren't "our" cars until we actually buy one..until then they remain the property of the multinational manufactures that imported them, the dealer or the dealer's finance company that funds his floor plan.

</strong>[/QUOTE]

1000+ Posts
    [quote]Originally posted by BogMaster:
    <strong>..and Daniel just for the record...Rick baby is selling the product of a multinational corporation..as I understand it your car is an automatic R19..mine is a manual R12.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

...yes, Bog, and if you're not careful, Rick will have sold them from under yaz!

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

..I'm not sure if they're real Clio's though..might be faux limestone versions

cheers

[quote]Originally posted by Stuey:
    <strong>

...yes, Bog, and if you're not careful, Rick will have sold them from under yaz!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Default Randwick gone

Anyone else realised that Randwick Renault has closed its doors?

Which will be next?

Just called them now they have a service and parts division there but no more sales.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Just called them now they have a service and parts division there but no more sales.
    Are you in the market for a Renault Daniel? What's happening with your Citroen?

Graham im always trying to keep up on whats going on across the 2 brands....My citroen is fine..

Thread Information