Scenic Dynamique
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Scenic Dynamique

I just purchased a new Scenic Dynamique and I am in love. I first wanted the new Mazda Premacy but when I saw the advertisement for the Renault Scenic ( I had never heard of it) we went for a look. Wow!!! It is fantastic. I have two young girls and it is perfect for them. I can't understand why I don't see more of them on the road. Can anyone tell me why????
    Also, I have driven automatics for 20 years and took the leap and purchased a manual. It was a scary decision but this wonderful car only took me 2 days to learn to drive it.
    Can anyone tell me if I am doing it any harm by holding the clutch in and having it in first gear at the lights??? I am doing this because I am slow at the take off and am concentrating on not stalling my baby.
    I love this car so much I could be a Renault Sales Rep for them.
    In love. kisses

Advertisement

DOUPINE:
    I can't understand why I don't see more of them on the road. Can anyone tell me why????

Can anyone tell me if I am doing it any harm by holding the clutch in and having it in first gear at the lights??? I am doing this because I am slow at the take off and am concentrating on not stalling my baby.
    kisses
    Scenics were only introduced to Australia in May 2001, so that explains why there are not too many around, although sales are improving and Renault are aiming for a total of 5000 sales this year.

I wouldn't balance the car in first gear at the lights, it will cause excessive and rapid wear on the clutch. Probably the best thing to do is pay for a couple of proper driving lessons to learn the technique for a hill start using the handbrake.

Simon
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

When I was on holidays in Europe this year we hired an automatic scenic 2.0. It was a great car and hurtled along at great speeds on the autobahns. Not really an option for me as I am single but for people with a family it is a great choice.
    They are getting quite dated in Europe actually, there are thousnads of them about the place in Europe. They are very popular with the euro's...

Welcome to the world of Renault, you don't know what you've been missing!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Is the dynamique the base model or the one with all the options. I cant remember the difference between the privelidge and dynamique????

The Dynamique is the midrange.

Expression's the bottom of the range, and Privilege is the top.

Cheers,

Justin

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Tadpole
    Just completed 20K in My 2001 Scenic Dynamique manual. The motor just seems to get better in true Renault fashion and produces a consistent 7.5 litres or better per 100km. Best of all unlike renos of old it has no rattles or creaks and is so quiet for cruising. I have done several long trips and even slept in the back with the seats out (5'10' and just fit with the front seat pushed forward). To me it is a logical progression from the 16 in versatilty and comfort.

Tadpole

Icon5 Looking at buying a scenic. Any recommendations?

I'm looking into buying a scenic and have yet to test drive. We are a one car family of four. I'm tired of station wagons (been driving them for 13 years) and yearn for something with a bit more pizazz and lighter to handle as I'm only a small lady). Oldest child is nearly twelve, youngest is five. How's the space in the back for soon to be gangly limbs? How much can you really fit in the back? (Ie. Can my great dane ride too?) Also my habit has been to trade cars when the warrenties expire however this time I'd like to buy for longuevity. Which model has the sunroof and does this add hugely to the cost? Any probs with the sunroof and theft? Any comments? Many thanks for your replies.

Lenore

Icon1 New Scenic

Lenore welcome to aussie frogs.
    The new (series 2) scenic has just been released and is definately worth taking out for a test drive.
    It comes in three levels, authentique, expression and Dynamique. If you are looking for one with a sunroof, you will be wanting a Dynamique with optional sunroof which will add $2000 onto the vehicle....however it is a full panoramic (two panel) sunroof and is the largest in it's class.

The space in the rear is excellent but the true feature of the vehicle is the versatility of the front & rear seating in order to maximise useable space as well as the best saftey (5 stars NCAP) on the road in the class.
    I would suspect that your great dane may very well fit in the back, but obviously without seeing the dog (as they are all different sizes and some like to stand/sit/ or lie down) best thing would be to take a look. (There is 430 litres of luggage space with the rear seats in, if you can picture that.)

If you don't have a local dealer, or you have any questions you would like answered, I am only too happy to oblige.

The series 1 scenic privelige(sunroof) is only available now as a 2nd hand vehicle, however I do also have a 2nd hand Dynamique (Series 1) that has had the dual sunroof installed (however I am in Victoria)

hope some of this helps.
    regards
    Di
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Default Room in the back

Hi,
    We have a 12 month old Scenic - the space behind the rear seats is bigger than any hatchback we've looked at and that is one of the reasons we bought the car - my wifes Dad has a walking frame which folds to about the size of a pram, and it fits easily, even with the back parcel shelf left in place.
    You could carry a decent sized dog with the shelf stowed vertically behind the back seat - another clever bit of design.
    The kids would love it I think - the rear seats are adjustable for fore & aft and recline a bit too. The centre seat folds down to a table, or gets taken out completely and the outer seats move inwards to make a roomy 4 seater instead of a squeezy 5 seater if you want.
    I didn't realise it at first, but my m-in-law says its the best back seat she's ridden in because she can see over the front better - the back seats sit a little higher - may be that's why its called Scenic??

I have looked at the new Scenic II - it seems a more "solid" car - the doors seem heavier - just my first impressions - and the body is a "more modern" shape?? However, with the new "bum" there is a small loss of room behind the back seat, so you might want to check that out, as it seems important to you. However, it is probably still roomier than most hatches, just not as "long" as the Series I.
    For me, the cruise control in the Serries II is a good feature, it was not even an option on the Series I, as far as I know.

Oh, and my wife is quite small, she really appreciates the height-adjusting drivers seat, which makes it quite comfortable for both of us.

Good Luck, Fordman.

Australdi may know - is the "Grand Scenic" planned for Australia?
    Last edited by Europa; 16th February 2005 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Corrected link to www.renault.com site
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Default Link Busted, opps

Hey europa I just tried the link and it was down...... :-( also I got this small e-mail from renault aust with a link to a small online "new scenic" info brochure
    http://renault.optin.com.au/cgi-bin/...837&campid=008
    If the link works for people check it out.....

Some text of the uk site europa was talking about ...

Innovative and user-friendly
    Dynamic design and clever interior: with the New Grand Scénic, the innovative New Scénic concept takes on a further dimension.
    Welcome aboard! The Grand Scénic's friendly passenger compartment accommodates the whole family in the greatest comfort. The wide windows and electric panoramic sunroof* create a wonderful feeling of space and light.
    The Grand Scénic can carry up to 7 passengers and scores top marks for its flexibility and ease of use.

Seven seats and a boot
    Whether carrying 5 or 7 passengers, the New Grand Scénic still has enough space to provide a generous luggage area. With a capacity of 200l to 550l, it is designed to allow plenty of space for shopping or luggage. And the resulting load length of the New Grand Scénic can accommodate anything you need to transport, from a piece of furniture to a bicycle.
    At ease in an urban environment, the Grand Scénic makes everyday life simpler with its exclusive opening tailgate window*. By simply lifting the rear window, you can access the load area in the tightest situations without having to open the tailgate.

Icon1

Yes, the Grande Scenic is expected out late this year....as always I will let everyone know as soon as I have some confirmed dates. For now, orders are being taken for the five seater Scenic 2, available immediately.

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX

Aus,

Any chance of posting Renault's monthly sales figures on here? I know lots of people are interested and a few have asked before, but nobody seems to want to reveal the truth! C'mon, nothing to be ashamed about

Breakdown would be good to, aka how many ClioSports..

Icon1

I'm not sure if I have access to that data cliocup....but I will do some sniffing around.
    can't promise success though ....I am but a little mushroom
    Aus
    Aus

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX

Tadpole

Default Scenic boot space

Quote Originally Posted by lenore64
    How much can you really fit in the back? (Ie. Can my great dane ride too?)

Lenore
    The best comparison for bootspace is that it's bigger than a hatchback. It's worth realising that Scenic doesn't have the deep boot space of big sedans. For example I was disappointed to realise that my golf clubs don't fit-in sideways.

My two puppies seem to be very comfortable in back and can't jump the high seats so no barrier is required.

Cruise control is a great option. It's expensive to retro-fit as the Scenic uses fly-by-wire. And maybe it's the gear ratios but I otherwise find it difficult maintaining speed limits.

Dealers don't make a big deal of it but the Scenic has been rated very highly in Euro crash testing (better than 4WDs).
    Overall I highly recommend it.

Thread Information