parts search.fuego
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,395

    Default parts search.fuego

    Any one have or know where I could get a new fuego rear brake valve thingy, as they are no longer made and I need one badly.Failing that, has anyone had one rebuilt??Have tried the usual supply outlets, but to no avail.
    Jo

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    11,766

    Default Fuego Barke limiter proportioning valve.

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    Any one have or know where I could get a new fuego rear brake valve thingy, as they are no longer made and I need one badly.Failing that, has anyone had one rebuilt??Have tried the usual supply outlets, but to no avail.
    Jo
    Jo
    I had an email from a friend in France, he had found a place that had Brand new valves to fit our car http://www.ims-auto.com/

    As follows


    [Quote] I just went through ims-auto.com page and I can only find one
    type proportioning valve that would suit R1363,Bendix p/n 311451
    (25 pieces there)

    Also Renault p/n 7701349409-double brake line system to the rear.
    My Bendix catalogue state that above P/v is also used on Fuego TX/GTX
    1363 (reinforced) 10.80-End

    The other P/v on the list is single line to the rear brakes R1360, n/a
    to models in Au.

    They do
    correspond in English with me here. [email protected]
    His name is Patrice Merlin ]UnQuote

    I passed this site on to Ken Bailey at Caravelle in case he wanted to bring in the 25 units and I would have taken X number prep-paid, apparently if you have checked with Caravelle then that is not happenning.

    There is a set number at a cheaper price option and if you want to bring in more than one I would help out to make up minimum quantity.

    Al from France does say that the valve can be repaired, though Renault say no in their literature.

    Ken
    Last edited by Kenfuego; 6th September 2005 at 07:13 PM. Reason: insert website

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    There is a set number at a cheaper price option and if you want to bring in more than one I would help out to make up minimum quantity.

    Al from France does say that the valve can be repaired, though Renault say no in their literature.

    Ken
    Ken,

    I'd be interested in getting one of the limiter valves if you & others decide to go for a job lot.

    Renpete

  4. #4
    Contented Peugeot Driver addo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Don't remind me!
    Posts
    16,609

    Default

    How unique are they? Similar effect valves were applied to WB commercials, the R16, Triumph sedans (and probably others; they are just the ones I have seen/cursed).

    Setting up could be the fun part. When it's a changeover, I've just taken measurements with a Vernier to transfer to a the new part. I have to do one setup from scratch for the R16 resto, so if you want to do it the pressure way, you could probably borrow the gear off me.

    Rebuild - if it could be bored/sleeved and appropriate piston rubber found, you'd be in beeswax. Pull apart a sacrificial one and take some dimensions! I have modest luck with Master Brakes in Croydon (Sydney) for sleeving and such, but they are not interested in looking for stuff off their own bat.

    Regards, Adam.

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addo
    How unique are they? Similar effect valves were applied to WB commercials, the R16, Triumph sedans (and probably others; they are just the ones I have seen/cursed).

    Setting up could be the fun part. When it's a changeover, I've just taken measurements with a Vernier to transfer to a the new part. I have to do one setup from scratch for the R16 resto, so if you want to do it the pressure way, you could probably borrow the gear off me.

    Rebuild - if it could be bored/sleeved and appropriate piston rubber found, you'd be in beeswax. Pull apart a sacrificial one and take some dimensions! I have modest luck with Master Brakes in Croydon (Sydney) for sleeving and such, but they are not interested in looking for stuff off their own bat.

    Regards, Adam.
    Wow,options gallore..I'll go for the new part,if they are available.Would be party to a group buy.I tried caravelle,but no joy.I have a few spare,from wrecks,but I'm not a big fan of having old parts renewed, so will consider that the next option if the new ones dont come through.I was sort of hoping someone would say 'yes I know where ther is one sitting on a shelf ', but now that I've shaken the nest, I dont think that'll happen.
    Jo

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    11,766

    Default Contact

    Jo

    I we had someone in france able to pick up the units, this would help as it is then a matter of only working out if it is cheaper to individually post to the recipient in Australia (cost of pack and post) or to wait for a larger shipment to be sent from the seller, arranged via email direct

    and getting the required euros to pay for them,I did have a cost and the #'s that the cheaper price kicks in, will try and find it.

    Ken

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    11,766

    Default Minimum for cheap price is 15 units

    To access the cheaper price the order would have to be 15 units or more and the price somewhere in the vicinity of 8 euros, but this price would have to be confirmed - pretty attractive at that price! Not sure what the price is for individual units, but if it was not that much more it would still be viable for individual purchases.

    Jo do you have an French language skills in case of translation problems on the packing post end of pricing etc. Though Al seems to think that English emails will be no problemfor Patrice Merlin if we mark it for his attention.

    Regards.

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    To access the cheaper price the order would have to be 15 units or more and the price somewhere in the vicinity of 8 euros, but this price would have to be confirmed - pretty attractive at that price! Not sure what the price is for individual units, but if it was not that much more it would still be viable for individual purchases.

    Jo do you have an French language skills in case of translation problems on the packing post end of pricing etc. Though Al seems to think that English emails will be no problemfor Patrice Merlin if we mark it for his attention.

    Regards.
    Are we talking about the same part??? about $15 for a unit. this can't be right,surely.
    Jo

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    11,766

    Default Yep

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    Are we talking about the same part??? about $15 for a unit. this can't be right,surely.
    Jo
    The first one Al found for me worked out at about $140AUS before it was shipped. so didn't take up that one, I was still sure that I would find one here and I did have plenty of used ones.

    Not sure of what sort of duty or customs a bulk purchase of 15 would attract. I believe that if a part is not available in Australia it should be duty free, I wonder if sales tax would apply?

    If we can get an order together I am willing to pay a substantial part of the cost and hold the excess to our needs just to make sure we are not hung up on these in the future.

    I have seen a few go up on the UK ebay, but as they were different part numbers and they are heavy I passed on them and with the exchange rate and high postage cost from there, the landed cost becomes expensive.

    If we could land them here under $50 AUS it would be well worth while IMHO.

    Ken

  10. #10
    Contented Peugeot Driver addo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Don't remind me!
    Posts
    16,609

    Default Fees and more fees

    Customs seem to be pretty erratic in their application of tariffs. I have had hundreds of dollars in car parts sail through, while a friend got pinged on $250 worth of dietary supplements.

    You pay an adjustment (not what they call it, but it's a pre-tax tax, because they can), and also GST on the gross value as they see it.

    As I say, it's erratic. You can call them and be advised of pro-rata scheduling for your intended import, and calc your worst case before leaping into the abyss. Always, always get the name and time of the person who interprets anything for you like this. If in doubt, confirm in writing.

    Avoid Fedex and UPS; specify registered post of the national carrier. They go by the book, which means that every import is logged, duties and GST paid, before delivery to you. My NOS sill for the R16 resto was 78 Euros. Landed, it was closer to $600 (Fedex).

    But back to your options - don't rule out rebuilds until you have priced them. They will probably exceed new replacement cost, but until it's known - why write off the idea? If nothing else, it's your fallback unit cost.

    Regards, Adam.

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    11,766

    Default Any progress.

    Jo

    Did you want to try that email link or would you rather I made contact for pricing etc.

    Ken

  12. #12
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    11,766

    Default Email sent

    Jo sent off an email - will see what transpires.
    let you and other know.

  13. #13
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    11,766

    Default No reply so far

    Jo

    No reply to my inquiry so far - maybe lost in translation!!

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,395

    Default

    Oh well,thanks for the effort,Ken.I have a french friend who would probably be able to help out if needed.
    Jo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •