Vermin
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Vermin

Icon10 Vermin

Spent today stripping my wreck, and I was amazed at how much wool insulation was in the dash area, until I came across a bloody rats nest above the air-con unit.The little buggers had also had a nibble at the loom, and I was most relieved they chose the wreck, not the good car.
    Rats nest, chicken coup.Whats next, aquarium???
    Jo

Advertisement

I recon a cut fuego would make a good looking trailer. Maybe a bit of modification to lower the high boot floor, required... and maybe a hinged tailgate to make it easier to get things in and out.

David.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

1000+ Posts

Yeah those little B*stards...

still remember when i went to get the tent out of the shed (back in the country!) & there's a small hole in 3 corners of it... they ate the tent!?!

Aww, they need a warm place to sleep too.

Reminds me of a story I heard years ago about a guy who had an almost new BX16V who lived in the bush.
    Had to take the car in for a service early in the piece and thought the car was running rough as he left his place. Hit town and a stop sign. Pulled up, into first, engine shook like all hell and stopped with a mechnical souning clunck.
    Rang the dealer who had the car collected and taken to his workshop and they found the cambelt was off and the usual array of bent valves.
    Further work revealed that a rodent had set up camp inside the cambelt cover and as he took off from the stop sign, "big mumma" decided to go for a constitutional and ended up in the belt, around a sprocket and off came the cambelt. Seems one or two of the young ones had been minced in the belt when he started and the big one was the one that finished it off.
    One expensive rat.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts

Default No, got howled down on that

Quote Originally Posted by vivid
    I recon a cut fuego would make a good looking trailer. Maybe a bit of modification to lower the high boot floor, required... and maybe a hinged tailgate to make it easier to get things in and out.

David.
    David

According to my family, not the way to go. I was toying with doing that with the good rear of that Fuego gold wreck and they all howled it down saying it would look Kitch/rotten/lousy/in poor taste....oh well back to the drawing board. or off to the crushers!!

Jo Mice love those air conditioning exercise passageways Ariba! Ariba! I wonder if the Gonz would change his logo if they got into his air con!!

Ken

My step mother had a rats nest in her subaru leone not long back but these were huge cane rats in Nth qld....Very scary stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    David

According to my family, not the way to go. I was toying with doing that with the good rear of that Fuego gold wreck and they all howled it down saying it would look Kitch/rotten/lousy/in poor taste....oh well back to the drawing board. or off to the crushers!!

Jo Mice love those air conditioning exercise passageways Ariba! Ariba! I wonder if the Gonz would change his logo if they got into his air con!!

Ken
    As someone who loads their fuego daily, I would say that it would make a crap trailer, as the load height is too high,and I dont reckon the rear end would carry much. For the look,It would only be worth considering if you were going to tow it with a fuego, but Ken, I think you family is correct.
    Jo

Tadpole

At school we got a 84 or 85 626 as a project car opened the bonnet and there was a birdnest between the air cleaner and head
    1974 Renault 12 GL

Default snakes

had a snake in the engine bay of the 12 once. quite grumpy it was, too. I think we picked it up off the road cos I thought I'd run over one half a k or so back. It wasn't in the mood to answer questions though, indeed neither were we in the mood to ask them; instead I pinged away at it with a shotgun as it made its escape. missed it of course but the shed wall never looked the same since. come to think of it perhaps that's where George W Bush got the idea for his foreign policy - shoot first, think later...
    1970 R12, stupidly sold in 1983
    1976 504, died 1994 to my disgrace
    Various cheap nasty fridges on wheels I'm not going to confess to and are long gone anyway
    2002 Clio 1.6
    2005 Scenic II

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    David

Ken
    Ken, I'd disagree with your family, I recon it would look great!

Dont listen to them!

Floor hight would be a problem, yes Jo I agree, it is a pain to be loading / unloading daily, but I was thinking more as a camper / sleeper.

Just regarding vermin, I had a fuego I picked up for parts that was FULL of huntsman spiders. Noticed them swarming out when the car was scrapped, to be put on the trailer. Big buggers too!

David.
    Last edited by vivid; 7th September 2005 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vivid
    Ken, I'd disagree with your family, I recon it would look great!

Dont listen to them!

Floor hight would be a problem, yes Jo I agree, it is a pain to be loading / unloading daily, but I was thinking more as a camper / sleeper.

Just regarding vermin, I had a fuego I picked up for parts that was FULL of huntsman spiders. Noticed them swarming out when the car was scrapped, to be put on the trailer. Big buggers too!

David.
    Don't worry about the Huntsman, they're harmless. It's the Redbacks and Whitetails you have to worry about. Those Redbacks can get really cranky too.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

I allow one spider in my car at all times, hoping it will keep the others away.
    The last huntsman, which I'd had for ages, got shoved out by mum at 90 km/h, who was ever so proud of her achievement.Have not had a good regular one since.
    Jo

Yea, Logically I know they are harmless, but they are hairy, have 8 legs and too many eyes!

Redbacks are pretty evil, and scary looking too!! Evil female spiders. Living in the bush in WA we had HEAPS around the house etc.. scary. My mother almost died once when the family was out and she was home studying, got bitten on the knee by 'something' and thought nothing of it. Because of her severe athsma, a few hours later she was more than just feeling sick.

A different Fuego, a few years back, driving up Burke road towards Camberwell in stop start traffic, I got the shock of my life when a BIG huntsman ran up my leg.

I didnt realise I could scream like that, sorta like Ned Flanders, involentarily flicked it to the passenger side. My girlfriend of the time was not too happy about this, quickly jumping out of the now stopped car. It ran under the passenger seat, and I couldnt find the bugger after that.

I had to pretend I saw it escape, or 'she' wouldnt have got back in the car.

David.