Met with Dave from Bendigo
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Met with Dave from Bendigo

Called in to see Dave at Bendigo On Saturday to pick up the sewing machine as advertised in one of the now vanished forums (gee can't even order ink now for the puters) Dave is a terrific fellow and the S/machine excellent value though I haven't had time to try it out.

Dave has a very nice white Renault 19 and his brother a well kept dark green Renault 21,

Also while driving out to Eaglehawk saw a nice scenic and followed another identical coloured laguna on the Calder Highway.

Ken

Advertisement

you gotta love an adventure like that Ken! going for a cruise,picking up a bargain, and forming a friendship at the same time.Reminds me of a drive I did early this year.Throw a fuego into the picture and that would be my near perfect day.
    Jo

1000+ Posts

Default Got to get up to Sydney soon

Jo

Yep, can't agree more, but I do like that lazy cruise control on the Laguna its is so relaxing to drive past Mistarenno? on the highway last Saturday with his hairdryer out checking and know I was doing just under 110 km. Not like the other guy that was pulled over 6 kilometers up the Calder highway!!

Sometime in the next few months I have to try and get up to Sydney to follow up some research on Jack Hannes (who died earlier this year) the founder of Hanimex and its business connection with Argus USA. Would like to drive my Fuego and meet all of you Fuego -ites and inspect the conversion on your car.

The Fuego runs like a dream on the sydney run, been up there twice before in it and enjoyed the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    Jo

Yep, can't agree more, but I do like that lazy cruise control on the Laguna its is so relaxing to drive past Mistarenno? on the highway last Saturday with his hairdryer out checking and know I was doing just under 110 km. Not like the other guy that was pulled over 6 kilometers up the Calder highway!!

Sometime in the next few months I have to try and get up to Sydney to follow up some research on Jack Hannes (who died earlier this year) the founder of Hanimex and its business connection with Argus USA. Would like to drive my Fuego and meet all of you Fuego -ites and inspect the conversion on your car.

The Fuego runs like a dream on the sydney run, been up there twice before in it and enjoyed the drive.
    Ken,I look forward to that day,and I'll be most offended if you dont touch base with me, as you will probably be lurking around the same area I live.
    As a bit of trivia,which I know you love,There used to be a older guy who came and saw my band up at the new orleans cafe,in Crows nest.I never caught his name.He loved the older jazz which we played and would spend more time than most, just enjoying the music.As my brother is a photography nut,with a leica M4 and various other goodies, it didn't take the two long to strike up a conversation about cameras, and the guy revield he was Mr Hanimex.Never realy gave the man much of a thought, until you reveiled you passion for the guy/company.Now every time I drive past past the hanimex factory at brookvale, I am reminded of both him and you.
    Regards, Jo

1000+ Posts

Default Same applies here Jo

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    Ken,I look forward to that day,and I'll be most offended if you dont touch base with me, as you will probably be lurking around the same area I live.
    As a bit of trivia,which I know you love,There used to be a older guy who came and saw my band up at the new orleans cafe,in Crows nest.I never caught his name.He loved the older jazz which we played and would spend more time than most, just enjoying the music.As my brother is a photography nut,with a leica M4 and various other goodies, it didn't take the two long to strike up a conversation about cameras, and the guy revield he was Mr Hanimex.Never realy gave the man much of a thought, until you reveiled you passion for the guy/company.Now every time I drive past past the hanimex factory at brookvale, I am reminded of both him and you.
    Regards, Jo
    Yes I was glad to meet you when you were last in Melbourne for your flying visit and pick up of Fuego bits. I am sure that we can exchange some more Fuego bits in the process Make SWMBO happy Incidently the name Hanimex came from Hannes - Import - Export, he was an interesting man and they tell me that almost everyone in the Australian Photographic trade either knew him or worked for him at one time or another.

I was lucky enough to get a 4 hour interview with him in 2003 just prior to our overseas trip, but hadn't been able to return for a second interview to confirm new queries raised in the States.

Your brother's anecdotal meeting would be good to document though - this is where we need the Toad pond or Banter area to explore other topics and hobbies.

Anyway lets make sure we meet if either you come to Melbourne or I visit Sydney
    Last edited by Kenfuego; 5th September 2005 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Change bother to Brother's - it makes a difference!

Freudian slip.He is a bother while he's still got the digital camera
    Jo

Default How Cruise in Fuego?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    ...but I do like that lazy cruise control on the Laguna...
    I have the after market cruise control I ripped off my old '83 Commodore before it got towed away many moons ago, Ken. It uses magnets wrapped around the driveshaft to sense road speed. If anyone can point out how to adapt this to the FrWD Fuego, I'll be rapt and cruizin'

1000+ Posts

Default Bet we have somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by The Gonz
    I have the after market cruise control I ripped off my old '83 Commodore before it got towed away many moons ago, Ken. It uses magnets wrapped around the driveshaft to sense road speed. If anyone can point out how to adapt this to the FrWD Fuego, I'll be rapt and cruizin'

I bet we have gonz, just like some bloke I met recently who worked out how to get the Fuego plip plipping

Got to be someone here can rig one up, of course in the US they had Factory cruise controls fitted.

Now some smart New Zealander will come up and say "we got them here too" - they really got the best deal over there - makes your mouth water!!

Ken

Thread Information