Fellow 16-er scored nicely
  • Register
  • Help

Default Fellow 16-er scored nicely

Yep, I found him some alloys (see picture). You'll have to wait and see if he "outs" himself, but it wouldn't be fair for me to name names

Cheers, Adam.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fellow 16-er scored nicely-full_2.jpg  

Icon10

Addo your a legend.

Ill own up, I am very pleased to finally own this a set for my 16TX replica project.

Slowly its coming to fruition.

I will also consider changing its colour from its original alpine white, but would only be a factory colour, or if its an american look alike 'color'.

I was considering making the TX a US spec (RHD) if they had twin round headlights, like their non sister versions. Or were they square split like other TX's anyone know?

I have the front grille (gearbox and other TX trim bits from NZ thanks Ross) but no square headlights.
    Although they will take some engineering to make them fit.

By the look of the above pic, its an americal LHD, esp by the look of the rim decoration on the 16 next to it... eww. That is a blue of some sorts in the pic.

So almost answering my own question, this I guess is a US 16TS.

All this is only possible by 'rockin froggies' like Addo, Ross, Kenfuego, EdB, Jensen, *gasp* Ray Bell to name but a few, who go above and beyond the call of duty. Oh an I cant not mention such the like of Simon and Haakon who regularly save me and other members much time and anguish with their ever reliable advice.

And I am sure we would all agree, THANKYOU AusseFrogs and co, which MUST be responsible for the successful resto of many other frog cars that would normally become jap cars.

David.
    Last edited by vivid; 5th September 2005 at 08:35 PM.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Fellow Frogger!

That white one carries Dutch number plates.
    If you're not aware of it, this site may be of interest to you:
    http://www.renault16.com/wij.htm

(when you go to the "gallery" and then "Johny Korten", you'll find the same photograph)

Quote Originally Posted by vivid
    I will also consider changing its colour from its original alpine white, but would only be a factory colour, or if its an american look alike 'color'.

I was considering making the TX a US spec (RHD) if they had twin round headlights, like their non sister versions. Or were they square split like other TX's anyone know?
    That white 16 is as the US spec cars with the four round headlights and towel rail on the bumper. As you have the 16TX grille it would probably be easier to adapt the late black grille headlamp surrounds rather than trying to engineer some four headlight setup using the US spec surrounds which were only used on the alloy grille models.

I suppose if you want to go the four headlight route, the headlight supports from a Virage may suit as they would have the fittings for the 5.75 sealed beam, so could take proprietary halogen units. Also a Renault 17 headlight support panel would also suit (both the 17 and Virage panels are separate and screw onto the actual body) but has the fittings for the Cibie lights. A black surround would have to be engineered to suit.

A side point is that the very early 16 handbook showed the US spec cars having a single 7 headlight. Fortunately sense prevailed, and the production car gained the less odd looking four round headlights.

Also the US spec cars were manufactured in France, so all the US colours were normal French production colours. But the US never got the 16TX.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by addo
    Yep, I found him some alloys (see picture). You'll have to wait and see if he "outs" himself, but it wouldn't be fair for me to name names

Cheers, Adam.
    hey, i have a set of those wheels on my 12. I paid $200 for the set with tyres on them.

What a Bargain!

Arent R12 wheels 13 inch?

These are 14s

David.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Is this bar a Renault part? Or VW?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fellow 16-er scored nicely-nudge_bar_2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by addo
    Is this bar a Renault part? Or VW?
    Looks home made to me. It certainly isn't a VW Approved Accessory.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by vivid
    What a Bargain!

Arent R12 wheels 13 inch?

These are 14s

David.
    yes, usually r12's are 13 inch, and yes these wheels are 14 inch, but for anyone with an r12 out there that wants to use 14 in rims you can. i am running 195/60-14 on the front and 175/65-14 on the rear. the offset of these rims is slightly different to the standard r12 rims so 175 is a really tight squeeze.

Icon7

Vivid,

Just wondering for your 16TX project if you are copying the front indicators and if yes where did you get parts?. Also are you doing central locking and if yes what did you do?

Sarosa

Quote Originally Posted by Sarosa
    Vivid,

Just wondering for your 16TX project if you are copying the front indicators and if yes where did you get parts?. Also are you doing central locking and if yes what did you do?Sarosa
    G'day Sarosa,

Just to let you know, this is NOT happenning to your X car.
    It is going strong, and is a GREAT A-B car for us and the bubby. MUCh easier than getting the baby in and out of the back of the Fuego.

I don't have either the locking solenoids OR the indicators yet.
    I have seen some 16TX Solenoids on ebay, but went way out of my price range. If I find more than a few, I will let you know.. (visa versa?)

Ill have to take a look, maybe Ross did give me the indicators. Gert from the Netherlands told me a months back that he could help out with all of the above, and that he had old (new) stock of most things. I haven't contacted him for a while.

So my TX spec wish list is.... Square headlights (and a way of fitting them), Central locking solenoids, Steering wheel (has R12 Wheel), Electric winders, indicators, Rear wiper, and wheel trim bits.

Ill keep you posted Sarosa, should eventually get there. Although slim pickings the new/old parts still seem to be floating around.

I am after 2 R16 steering wheels now, TS type, central trim bit not important.

David.