Renault laguna Transmission problem
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    N.Z.
    Posts
    6

    Default Renault laguna Transmission problem

    I have a 1995 renault Laguna 2.0 L.
    The tranmission is faulty between 3-4 when under normal load around 80-95 km. going up a hill , slight that is.
    It cant decide what to , keeps changing up and down until you have lost momentum enough for the cycle to start again.
    1 the oil and filter has been changed
    2 It works fine with the Fuse out , but there is no 4th.
    3 An analyser has been used and detected nothng ( this was a stationary test)
    4 Even when the Gear shift is in 3th , it still does it (with fuse in)
    5 From a standstill the takeoff has a slight jerk start.
    6 No unusual sounds , but the changes are very smooth , you cant feel it . only on the RPM , its noticed.

    So any ideas out there any one ? much appreciated.

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,071

    Default

    Sorry, don't know. could be getting faulty info from a sensor or simply a bad contact. The changing symtom makes me think it is electrical/electronic.
    Have you tried cleaning all the connections?
    Good luck and i'd be curious what the problem turns out to be.

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! MARK BIRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    GOLD COAST
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solar
    I have a 1995 renault Laguna 2.0 L.
    The tranmission is faulty between 3-4 when under normal load around 80-95 km. going up a hill , slight that is.
    It cant decide what to , keeps changing up and down until you have lost momentum enough for the cycle to start again.
    1 the oil and filter has been changed
    2 It works fine with the Fuse out , but there is no 4th.
    3 An analyser has been used and detected nothng ( this was a stationary test)
    4 Even when the Gear shift is in 3th , it still does it (with fuse in)
    5 From a standstill the takeoff has a slight jerk start.
    6 No unusual sounds , but the changes are very smooth , you cant feel it . only on the RPM , its noticed.

    So any ideas out there any one ? much appreciated.
    Start by making sure every connector that has to do with the transmission and computor is clean and has good contact. Also check that body earths are good.

  4. #4
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    N.Z.
    Posts
    6

    Default Laguna Transmission

    Quote Originally Posted by MARK BIRD
    Start by making sure every connector that has to do with the transmission and computor is clean and has good contact. Also check that body earths are good.

    Thanks and i will try it.

  5. #5
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    N.Z.
    Posts
    6

    Default Laguna transmission

    Quote Originally Posted by JoBo
    Sorry, don't know. could be getting faulty info from a sensor or simply a bad contact. The changing symtom makes me think it is electrical/electronic.
    Have you tried cleaning all the connections?
    Good luck and i'd be curious what the problem turns out to be.

    Thanks and i will give it ago.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •