Clio Sports 182 Wheels
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    72

    Default Clio Sports 182 Wheels

    Hi there,

    Advertisement


    Anyone here know the part number and also cost of these wheels? I have a 172 and want to fit them on mine

    Cheers,
    Kenn.
    2002 RCS 172 Silver - Stock

  2. #2
    Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,138

    Default

    Try your Renault dealer, they may have some where people have upgraded the wheels on delivery, also they would be able to tell you the exact price of new wheels.

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! biologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    867

    Default

    I tried to find the thread that talked about the part number for these rims
    but can't find it. Not sure if its on this site or the OzRenaultSport site.
    Either way those wheels aren't cheap. Memory says it was $4-500 for the
    16" 182 wheel.

    Bear in mind those rims are pretty heavy, 9.6 Kg each. For a cheaper
    price you could easily get lighter rims. I know as I've just put some
    new rims on my Clio and they weigh in at nearly half that of the original
    ones, and sorry I intend keeping my Cup rims as I hope to use them in
    autokhanas with stickier tyres.

    If you like them, some sets do come up for sale. Recently a set sold for
    $1300 on eBay Australia, complete with new original tyres, thats a good buy!

    cheers,
    Biologist
    ----------------
    A
    one Megane Family

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Yeah Bio's on the money there... $400 each ex rubber!

    when you select wheels for an RSC, FIRST look at weight (with wheel & tyre) then look at style...
    No point ruining the cars handling for a bit of bling!

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts U Turn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biologist
    Bear in mind those rims are pretty heavy, 9.6 Kg each. For a cheaper
    price you could easily get lighter rims. I know as I've just put some
    new rims on my Clio and they weigh in at nearly half that of the original
    ones, and sorry I intend keeping my Cup rims as I hope to use them in
    autokhanas with stickier tyres.
    Half the weight!? That's awesome, would be a massive reduction in unsprung weight. But how come you want to use the heavier wheels for motorsport use. I would've thought it should be the other way around to get the most benefit.
    Take the long way home....

    - 306 gti6

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger! biologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    Half the weight!? That's awesome, would be a massive reduction in unsprung weight. But how come you want to use the heavier wheels for motorsport use. I would've thought it should be the other way around to get the most benefit.
    Ah, well in a perfect world I'd be able to afford two sets of OZ wheels
    and would use one for the road and the other for racing

    At this stage I have the spare rims in the garage, but if I can source some
    sticky tyres I'd rather use them for autokhanas than trash my good road
    rubber.

    cheers,
    Biologist
    ----------------
    A
    one Megane Family

  7. #7
    Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biologist
    At this stage I have the spare rims in the garage, but if I can source some sticky tyres I'd rather use them for autokhanas than trash my good road rubber.
    Just a silly thought, you may only need two extra OZ rims for autokhanas. The lightweight set on the front, with the two original heavy weights on the rear to get the extra momentum when flicking the rear end :-)

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! biologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Just a silly thought, you may only need two extra OZ rims for autokhanas. The lightweight set on the front, with the two original heavy weights on the rear to get the extra momentum when flicking the rear end :-)
    Good point. Some mates used space saver spare wheels for autokhanas
    at one stage. They only lasted a few runs each but did the trick.
    Will consider that option, although I just noticed that someone on
    OzRenaultSport.com just scored some OZ wheels on eBay for a third
    the price I paid

    cheers,
    Biologist
    ----------------
    A
    one Megane Family

  9. #9
    Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biologist
    I just noticed that someone on
    OzRenaultSport.com just scored some OZ wheels on eBay for a third
    the price I paid
    I wouldn't worry, at least you know yours are genuine OZ and possibly not some pre-own3d knockoffs :-)

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! biologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    I wouldn't worry, at least you know yours are genuine OZ and possibly not some pre-own3d knockoffs :-)
    True. If I was that worried about the cost I'd probably have done the same
    but there are no wee bairns going without food in my house

    cheers,
    Biologist
    ----------------
    A
    one Megane Family

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah i really like the style of the 182 rims. Plus will i lose much performance/handling if i fit 182 rims on a 172? I wouldn't of thought so as it came stock with a 182 ? Sorry if i sound stupid here

    I rang up all the renault dealers in NSW and they couldn't tell me as they need a VIN to look up the parts. Unbelievable isn't it? Obviously i can't give them a VIN as i don't have a 182, if i gave them my VIN of a 172 the 182 rims won't come up on their computer So i am at a loss

    Cheers,
    Kenn.
    2002 RCS 172 Silver - Stock

  12. #12
    1000+ Posts U Turn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biologist
    Ah, well in a perfect world I'd be able to afford two sets of OZ wheels
    and would use one for the road and the other for racing

    At this stage I have the spare rims in the garage, but if I can source some
    sticky tyres I'd rather use them for autokhanas than trash my good road
    rubber.

    cheers,
    Two sets of lightweight wheels for both fun and road, now that'd be perfect! Unfortunately I can't even afford one set!

    I still don't see why you don't put the sticky rubber on your Oz lightweight wheels for the autokhanas and leave the Cup wheels for daily road use. The clio corners at such insane speeds, you can't even use the extra performance benefit of lightweight wheels on the road anyway, but you'll definitely use that extra bit on the autokhana.
    Take the long way home....

    - 306 gti6

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger! biologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    Two sets of lightweight wheels for both fun and road, now
    that'd be perfect! Unfortunately I can't even afford one set!

    I still don't see why you don't put the sticky rubber on your Oz lightweight
    wheels for the autokhanas and leave the Cup wheels for daily road use.
    The clio corners at such insane speeds, you can't even use the extra
    performance benefit of lightweight wheels on the road anyway, but you'll
    definitely use that extra bit on the autokhana.
    Not so.
    I'm astounded at the differences in the ride since the change over. Still stiff
    obviously as this is a function of the springs and dampers but its become
    more supple, less harsh, difficult to find the right word but its very noticable.
    Another very positive benefit has been that axle tramp is gone
    I tried very hard to provoke some axle bounce on Friday on wet roads,
    across the white stripe, and nothing.
    Theoretically you'd expect the dampers could work more effectively in
    keeping the tyres in contact with the road if the rim and tyre weighed less,
    I never expected it to be so dramatic in this regard.
    I spoke with the owner of the business I bought the rims from a few days
    later, a small high end suspension and wheels company and he just
    smiled and said "that's what lighter wheels do".

    cheers,
    Biologist
    ----------------
    A
    one Megane Family

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts U Turn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biologist
    Not so.
    I'm astounded at the differences in the ride since the change over. Still stiff
    obviously as this is a function of the springs and dampers but its become
    more supple, less harsh, difficult to find the right word but its very noticable.
    Another very positive benefit has been that axle tramp is gone
    I tried very hard to provoke some axle bounce on Friday on wet roads,
    across the white stripe, and nothing.
    Theoretically you'd expect the dampers could work more effectively in
    keeping the tyres in contact with the road if the rim and tyre weighed less,
    I never expected it to be so dramatic in this regard.
    I spoke with the owner of the business I bought the rims from a few days
    later, a small high end suspension and wheels company and he just
    smiled and said "that's what lighter wheels do".

    cheers,
    That's awesome! I want some lighter wheels for my pug now. Not sure what fits and how much it'll cost. Mind if I ask how much each Oz wheel was?
    Take the long way home....

    - 306 gti6

  15. #15
    Fellow Frogger! biologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    That's awesome! I want some lighter wheels for my pug now. Not sure what fits and how much it'll cost. Mind if I ask how much each Oz wheel was?
    Sure, $560 each, plus swapping the tyres, balancing and fitting
    it came to just over $2300.
    Each OZ rim weighed 5.15 Kg, while the originals weighed in at 9.6 Kg each.
    You can get light rims for less I'm sure, I have a cheapy as a spare in the
    boot that cost me $120 but its not as light nor as well designed as the OZ wheels.

    cheers,
    Biologist
    ----------------
    A
    one Megane Family

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •