Renault Scenic RX4 Recall
  • Register
  • Help

Renault Scenic RX4 Recall

Spotted on ABC News site...
    --------------------------------------------
    Renault recalls cars with anti-roll bar defect

The French car company, Renault, is recalling about 400 of its RX-4 Scenic four-wheel drive vehicles sold in Australia because of a defect detected in the car's anti-roll bars.

In its recall notice, Renault says the anti-roll bar clamp could break in extreme circumstances, causing a noise in the front suspension.

The company is trying to contact the owners of the vehicles to have them returned to a service centre so the part can be replaced.

Advertisement

A Renault spokeswoman says the recall is a preventative measure only and that there are no reported failures of the part anywhere in the world.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Fellow Frogger!
    dont you love the way recalls are always unstated,like some loss of steering may occurr,yeah, right at the hairpin with a cliff drop off.or slight extra braking force may be required,this means put both feet on the pedal and push like hell. or rare cases of under bonnet fires have occurred,tell that to the poor sucker that has the new car sitting in a ball of melted plastic.cars are like humans not all perfect i supposse.i wonder how many cutomer complaints warrants a recall.

Glad I didnt buy an RX4 Scenic. I rave about Renaults to all the people at work constantly. THey saw this in the newspaper and were waving it in front of my face today. It was embarassing. I hope they fix up this roll-bar issue right away. I was looking at the Clio tonight and realised the wipers are based on the left side of the car. I think the Renault 16 wipers were on the left side also. I dont really like that....what do others think???

I think if anybody gets any negative comments on Renault's recall just point out that Renault or Peugeot or Citroen almost never need to recall, I think Peugeot had a recall with a 306 at one stage but its such a minor occurance so what it happens thats life get over it. Can anyone name a Holden or Ford product that didn't need recalling. No, I bet you can't. Holden and Fords attitude is to get the product out there, we'll fix it up later.

David.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

1000+ Posts
    Daniel,

You work with strange people. Just imagine if you drove a Holden Astra, Commodores were recalled (as they are regularly), and people at your work paid out on you for it. Doesn't it sound just a bit strange? It's such a minor recall anyway...

As it happens, a Scenic would be perfect for my situation. I wish I COULD buy one.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

This is an interesting site, log of all recalls on products sold in Australia. Interesting to browse motor vehicles listed, search by date. Renault are by no means on there own. Pug drivers should have a look and ensure defects have been rectified to their vehicles 206/306/406. Search only goes back to 1998 but Citroen don't appear to have had a problem in that period.

<a href="http://www.recalls.gov.au/search.cfm" target="_blank">Australian Recall Search</a>

Charles I agree with you about the way these defects are understated, I have read a few and you have things like blah blah 'may cause vehicle to burst into flames' action notify your blah blah dealer

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

1000+ Posts
    Greenblood,

Manufacturers don't have to list their recalls if no cars were sold.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

[quote]Manufacturers don't have to list their recalls if no cars were sold. <hr></blockquote>

Stuey,

Took me a while......, cute very cute. :p

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

[quote]Originally posted by danielsydney:
    <strong>Glad I didnt buy an RX4 Scenic. </strong><hr></blockquote>

It's probably just as well you didn't buy one Daniel, they aren't available with an automatic gearbox :p
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Tadpole
    the bit about pugs not needing recalls david oh please.....
    where would you like me to start....
    205 gti motor recall due to excessive rattle when cold and oil burnt.
    fuel lines on 405 early.
    abs recall on all early mi16's
    latest one is looms from body to doors, cutting through the wires and stops window operation....
    recalls being done now... had chat with pug about it...
    another recall on the rx4 is a bit more sillier...
    reno oz is having to get the head rest from top of range rx4 made into cloth due to customer complaints saying they where in the magazine....
    so we should have them.... costing reno some thing like 500.00 dollars a set...
    woops :p
    regards paul.

Paul, you bugger, I was trying not to upset the Peugeot owners, we all know Peugeot are the kings of recall here in Oz but no one wants to admit it.

David.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Fellow Frogger!
    you think peugeots have recalls,when i worked for a prestige car dealer here,we had the rover franchise,now thats a recall.they called them customer care programs not recalls,basically we would update the faults as the car came in or ring and offer this wizbang program like we would be doing the customer a favour and fit a bag full of parts and i mean a big bag full.this back in the 80s.the cars wernt to bad just they way they were put together.

Thread Information