Airconditioning on 19
  • Register
  • Help

Airconditioning on 19

Another problem with my 19 is the airconditioning. The switch works and i hear the engaging "clunk", but no cold air blows out and it is turned to cold also. Does it just need regassing and is there a place i can take my car too to get it checked and sorted?

Advertisement

Hi Daniel,

Don't know what part of Sydney you are in, but I recommend Denton at European Autocare in Penrith 4731 6522 - he works on all french cars, although he prefers Citroens! He has a very good and cheap A/C supplier too.

Give him a call and discuss what you need - he is always willing to help out and will work to your budget.

Paul
    Paul Smith

1974 DS23 EFI BW Auto
    1974 G Special 1220

http://www.simplicitas.com.au

Thanks for that paul have given that guy a call just then from work. He is great Plenty of Renault experience and knows what hes doing and saying. Will get my system checked out soon with him. He also gave me insight into my starting issues on my 19. What a guy man...He said he had heaps of work going on at the moment with plenty of Citroens in there getting work done.

danielsydney:
    Another problem with my 19 is the airconditioning. The switch works and i hear the engaging "clunk", but no cold air blows out and it is turned to cold also. Does it just need regassing and is there a place i can take my car too to get it checked and sorted?
    Has the crash damage been sorted yet? Probably no point getting the system gassed then having to evacuate all the gas when the repairs are done. Also the prang could have fractured the condensor or lines. Probably get it checked out ASAP, otherwise moisture will get in the system and cause further damage down the track. Also not a good idea to run a compressor with no gas where the lubrication isn't getting circulated, it could spoil the internal seals.

Simon
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Thread Information