R25 Turbo!
  • Help

Thread: R25 Turbo!

Tadpole

Default R25 Turbo!

Hi people,is it possible to Turbo the R25 2165cc engine,and if so what does it need?

Advertisement

There was no 25 2.2 litre turbo in petrol form. But there may be potential to replace the motor with that from a 21 2 litre turbo, or possibly the fittings with a suitable compression adjustment for the 2.2 motor. Then again you would also need the 21 turbo UN1 gearbox which even has differences from the normal 25 UN1 for the extra torque of the turbo motor in order to obtain some sort of reliability.

why not go the proper route of fitting a 2.5 v6 turbo engine??i own a genuine v6 turbo/un1 box car in the uk,such fun,and cheap over here,how much would it cost to ship to auz???they go for 500-1000 uk pounds over here,might be cheaper to go that route,and how many 25 v6 turbos are there in auz?????

Tadpole

Aren't the V6's real guzzlers? Doing a low-pressure turbo (SAABish) on a 2.2 shouldn't be impossible, but you'd need an programmable aftermarket ECU.
    The genuine Renault 21 2L turbo had lots of significant engine mods, I've read, plus the above-mentioned 'box strengthening, from which I'd conclude that if you want HEAPS of power you should start with an R21Turbo motor and box (and ECU) and then go from there.

Thread Information