R19 - oil level in auto.
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default R19 - oil level in auto.

Would someone please tell me correct level of auto oil in milimetres. In mine it is 73-75 milimetres from the bottom. I'm using piece of steel rod to mesure it.
    Thank you.

Advertisement

What year model is the car as i thought it needed a special machine to read the oil level....

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JeanLuc
    Would someone please tell me correct level of auto oil in milimetres. In mine it is 73-75 milimetres from the bottom. I'm using piece of steel rod to mesure it.
    Thank you.
    If it is an AD4, i find 8.5cm when cold and 3.6cm when warm and in D.
    Yeah, i know about all the spinn about the proper way of checking oil levels. I've done it with a temp probe in the oil (as decribed in Haynes) and had it checked by the dealer.
    If you find that the gear drops out doing a shrp right han turn - just add another 100 or 200ml oil. But with the levels indicated you should have no problem.

Did a test drive in a Volvo 40 slugomatic. Took a right hand turn with 'enthusiasm' (the sales peron in the car) and the engine flared. A bit embarassing for the salesman but simly a case of a low transmission oil level.

JoBo

Tadpole

Thank you JoBo. It is AD4.
    Regards.
    JeanLuc

Quote Originally Posted by JoBo
    If it is an AD4, i find 8.5cm when cold and 3.6cm when warm and in D.
    Yeah, i know about all the spinn about the proper way of checking oil levels. I've done it with a temp probe in the oil (as decribed in Haynes) and had it checked by the dealer.
    If you find that the gear drops out doing a shrp right han turn - just add another 100 or 200ml oil. But with the levels indicated you should have no problem.

Did a test drive in a Volvo 40 slugomatic. Took a right hand turn with 'enthusiasm' (the sales peron in the car) and the engine flared. A bit embarassing for the salesman but simly a case of a low transmission oil level.

JoBo

Thread Information