Renault 17 Electric Windows
  • Help

Icon12 Renault 17 Electric Windows

Hi Folks,

I have some very sick electric window in my Renault 17. The main Drive bush a nylon cog has stripped. I require two more one for the pasenger and for the drivers window. French Connection used to make a replacement one however haven't for some time. Would anyone have any tucked away in their garage or know where they can be sourced.

If I can not source the bush I had thought of converting the windows to manual operation if some one had some spare regulators.

Advertisement

Thanks Folks
    Cheers
    Rod

Hi Ron,
    Last time I checked French Connection still had some. When did they run out??
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G4ME
    Hi Ron,
    Last time I checked French Connection still had some. When did they run out??
    I Checked two weeks ago.
    Cheers
    Rod

Hi Ron,
    Have you tried Caravelle in Melbourne? They had a similar part a few years ago, and I am sure they were listed in the last catalogue!

03-9890 9061.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

If French Connection or Caravelle come up blank, there was a 15TSA at U-Pull-It Lonsdale that had manual winders still intact. This is going back about five months ago now, so it may no longer be there.

Tadpole

Sorry I can't help, but FYI here's a very expensive option:
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/amicale.r15r17/pi%E8ces.htm
    The A310 uses them as well.
    I was lucky to find a second hand one but when this 30 year old plastic cog breaks again (as it will) I may have to bite the bullet....

Fortunately I got some gears from french connection. They were not quite right though, some filing was needed. I also have some manual ones, don't think I want to get rid of them though.
    A Gordini is still a GORDINI!!!

Fellow Frogger!

Default R17TS Window Regulators

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    If French Connection or Caravelle come up blank, there was a 15TSA at U-Pull-It Lonsdale that had manual winders still intact. This is going back about five months ago now, so it may no longer be there.
    Sorry Rod. If you are after either of these I can tell you the right side was already knackered and I took the left side and turned it over and used it for the right side window on the 15. This was about three months ago.
    Good luck with the cogs!!
    Phil H

Quote Originally Posted by philipjh
    Sorry Rod. If you are after either of these I can tell you the right side was already knackered and I took the left side and turned it over and used it for the right side window on the 15. This was about three months ago.
    Good luck with the cogs!!
    Phil H
    Thanks for the leads so far no luck. Does anyone know if Fuego or R18 electric window mechanism are similar or could be adapted.
    Cheers
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Blanchard
    Thanks for the leads so far no luck. Does anyone know if Fuego or R18 electric window mechanism are similar or could be adapted.
    Doesn't help much in Australia, but I replaced mine with Renault 5 electric window gearcases, no further problems. They fitted without modification and the design is a lot better. Might have been 5 Gordini, but I can't be certain.

I thought Ken had some brass gears at Caravelle, but maybe that was a long time ago...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Hi rod,
    I found this site yesterday, I had seen it a while back but forgot about it. I don't know what you want to pay but they are llisted. He's also got Gordini alloy rocker covers.
    http://www.gordinicar.com/index.html

Chris
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Bad news guys. www.gordincar.com is my website and I was getting the gears from French Connection.
    Good news that people are finding the website though
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

I have a new aluminium gear made up for these windows that you can have for a $5 scratchy. I probably bought it about 13 years ago when I still had an R15. The only possible problem being that one tooth has a small part of one corner missing, but I would suspect it will work OK. Send me a PM of where to send it.
    '56 Renault 4CV (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '82 Renault Fuego GTX
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '02 and '03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee+

Sent the gear on Friday 20/5. Received the scratchy today, Thanks. Hope the gear works for you.
    '56 Renault 4CV (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '82 Renault Fuego GTX
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '02 and '03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee+

Default Cogs

Quote Originally Posted by alan moore
    Sent the gear on Friday 20/5. Received the scratchy today, Thanks. Hope the gear works for you.
    Alan.
    I look forward to their arrival thanks again.

Rod
    Cheers
    Rod

Alan.
    I look forward to their arrival thanks again.

Rod
    Alan has arrived safely thanks.

Cheers Rod
    Cheers
    Rod

Yes rod R18 will fit with a bit of mods I did this to a 17G a few years ago and cant remember excatly how but was suprised how easy it was with not much effort. There used to be brass gears available for these and did not split like the plastic ones. If you are really keen and want originality then a good gear\ engineering works would be able to manufacture them I made some in brass myself when I had access to a milling machine.
    regards Mark

Good news guys. I was just at French Connection and he has found some of the cogs. (03) 9338 8191 if your still looking.

Thread Information