40k servicing
  • Help

Thread: 40k servicing

Tadpole

Default 40k servicing

Hi All,

Advertisement

I bought my rsc 172 recently and have now got to take it in for the 40,000 service. Out of curiosity, how much should i expect to pay for this and is there any major things performed? I'm in Melbourne - is there anyone better than anyone else around?

Thanks for any advice!

They may try and tell you new pads are in order, ask to inspect before they do. The rear discs, being typically soft European may need a grind or replacement - I say may, so check that too. My mates Clio Cup 2001 which has just done 30K needed new rear pads, as he drives it fairly hard, but interestingly the drivers side rear wheel bearing was knackered, so get them to check the bearings whether pads are needed or not.

moosey

Hey wiredmonkey. Welcome to RSC ownership! The 40K service is only a minor one. Cost usually varies depending on oil used. The more expensive guys will use Elf Synthese - the best around but more $ than your ordinary oils. First biggie is at 60K. Check out www.ozrenaultsport.com for more specific info on service costs - if you havne't found it already.

Icon14

Hi Wiredmonkey
    Welcome!
    The 40oookm service is a "B" service and you can check what items are checked & changed on it in your service manual on page 13. This is just the routine checks, so if there are any other things that are of possible concern to you, highlight it to your service manager so that he can specifically check them.

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Thread Information