Clio , 2005 generation, what speker size?
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Clio , 2005 generation, what speker size?

Hi,
    In new clio , 2005 generation there are 4 places provided for speakers. 2 for high tones/tweeners on clio instrument table, and 2 places located on clio doors (low/midle tones) (driver and codriver doors).
    To maximize my sound without any installation problems like expanding the space provided for speakers:

1) what is the biggest size in centimeters those speakers need to be to fit place provided for speakers - for speakers that will go in doors?

2) what is the biggest size in centimeters those speakers need to be to fit place provided - for speakers that will go on command board/tweeners?

3) Can you suggest some speakers to match my requests?

THANK YOU!!!

Advertisement
    Last edited by goda; 11th May 2005 at 08:25 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

goda,

i did this exercise on my 2002 Clio.

if memory serves me right, 5.5 inch for the front door drivers, 1.5 inch tweeters on the dash and 4 inch 3 way in the rear. I avoided the space allowed for in the rear shelf, which could only fit a 2 inch speaker i think.

install an amplifier under the driver's seat and you should get very good sound overall.

i installed a focal set for the front splits and an infinity pair for the rear.
    amplifier was a 4 way bridgeable alpine amp.

Tadpole

Tnx for the answer.
    Can you tell me something else. I would not go for amplifier, just 4 speakers + some pioneer mp3 player.
    Guy at salon is offering me 80 w speakers Regent. He said that he thinks they are 12 cm (4.7244 inches), but I cannot find them on regent site, nor here :
    http://www.val.hr/autohifitipskiregent.html

The only one I see 80w are RP 165 but I think that is to big to mount? What that 40/80 means btw? Will I be able to install 16 cm (6.2992) on door provided space?
    I dont know, if you say I need to buy 5.5 inch is that really the biggest ones or maybe somehow I could squeeze bigger ones. Is there any site that explins mounting and sizes fro that kind of operation.

tnx a lot

Thread Information