3 stud to 4 stud on R12
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 3 stud to 4 stud on R12

I want to change the 3 stud pattenr to 4 stud on my R 12 . and i found a web site on how to do it but i lost it now , ayone know it..pls..

Advertisement

Administrator

The rears are easy.

Just use wagon rear brakes with Fuego drums.

The fronts require redrilling of the hubs.

I beleive French Conection used to produce them. Give them a ring (03) 9338 8191.

I would run vented R17 Brakes aswell.

You could try fitting Fuego Hubs, but they are physically rather different in regards to ball joints and it may result in very undesirable geometry changes.

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    The rears are easy.

Just use wagon rear brakes with Fuego drums.
    Not quite that easy, you really need to have the very late Virage or 18 rear axle so that the early Fuego drums will fit onto the stub axles, the wheel bearings are different on the earlier 12's. Note that the very late Virage and 18 rear axle are the same, and as such just a tad wider which may require the guards to be pumped to fit wider tyres and wheels..[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    You could try fitting Fuego Hubs, but they are physically rather different in regards to ball joints and it may result in very undesirable geometry changes.
    These won't mate to the 12 balljoints, and as noted are different in geometry.

As an alternative get some Performance Superlight rims drilled to suit the Renault 3 stud pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by euroboy
    I want to change the 3 stud pattenr to 4 stud on my R 12 . and i found a web site on how to do it but i lost it now , ayone know it..pls..
    Euroboy, I think this was on the RCCQ website under 'Technical' Try here: http://www.renaultclubqld.com.au/

Regards
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Fellow Frogger!

Default Dumb Question on this!

Why do you want to do this??

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by kiwia110
    Why do you want to do this??
    If it is for the same reason as me, it was to run wider 14 inch rubber. It was cheaper to convert the thing to four stud wheels and use an alloy wheel than it was to get Renault 16 three stud wheels widened or buy new 3 stud wheels in the right size...

Thread Information