Megane Turbo 225
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 Megane Turbo 225

Hey fellow froggers. I am thinking of buying a RS Megane Turbo and was hoping for any feedback you can offer. I have been driving an 85 Fuego GTX for about 6 years now without any problems, but am looking to update. Thanks

Advertisement
    Evan..................... 85 Fuego, 02 Scenic and 78 Virage

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Hey fellow froggers. I am thinking of buying a RS Megane Turbo and was hoping for any feedback you can offer. I have been driving an 85 Fuego GTX for about 6 years now without any problems, but am looking to update. Thanks
    lets say it will be a different ride for sure. although Di's fuego was giving us all a run for our money on the last drive day.

In short, great car. Lots of tourque, plenty of induction and motor noise so you still think you're driving a race car. Handling good-great. Not super but don't feel scared to throw it into a corner because it will take it.

Not too many problems although ours certainly had an off day. Fuel econ is not as great as Renault claim but still good compared to a holden or ford (what isn't). Not looking forward to buying new rubber, but that's what you get for having 17's.

Drive a few I think would be your best bet. Maybe 4 or 5 times to get a good feel of the car.

Oh yeah and the stereo is CRAP. I'm not allowed to tamper (apparently) but it could use a few improvements like better H/U and front speakers

Good luck, feel free to ask me any questions.

cheers
    Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    If you want to stick to the diamond badge considered a Clio Cup 182 ... turns better, quicker through the corners and not much slower in real life .

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Thread Information