Fuego GTX, Second Time Around
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Fuego GTX, Second Time Around

Much loved and very reliable, but a new car purchase means it's time for this fuego to move on to a new owner (who I hope will get as much enjoyment out of the car as I have).

* 1985 model
    * Registered in NSW (located in Sydney's inner west) in Sept 2004 (ex Tasmania) full vehicle service at Colliers prior to registration/pink slip
    * Transmission , new in 2002 ( not merely ex another wreck but actually new original parts from gearbox to final drive, cost around $1500
    * Bare metal respray ($4000!...what was I thinking) using the original Fuego formula
    * Engine overhauled at 150,000 ks by previous owner ( a mechanic and auto electrician)
    * Brakes and front end done at the same time as transmission
    * New wheels and high performance /speed rated tyres fitted less than 5000 ks ago to avoid the impossible cost of having to fit the original specification/hard to get Michelins.
    * Air-con works but could probably do with re-gassing
    * Alpine CD/Radio stereo with removable face
    * Electric windows
    * Sheepskin seat covers (very cool!)

Advertisement

$500 ono

Call Luc, only genuinely interested contacts please.
    Mob - 0414 302 627
    Work - (02) 9921 5274
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuego GTX, Second Time Around-dash.jpg   Fuego GTX, Second Time Around-full-above.jpg   Fuego GTX, Second Time Around-interior.jpg   Fuego GTX, Second Time Around-rear.jpg   Fuego GTX, Second Time Around-side-grille.jpg   Fuego GTX, Second Time Around-wheel.jpg  

al

That is a bargain... Anyone want to bring it down from sydney for me...?

sold....

al

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    sold....
    Is it just me or are you accumulating every fuego in Sydney.....?

Default steptoe and son

Quote Originally Posted by al_
    Is it just me or are you accumulating every fuego in Sydney.....?
    Al,it sure seems that way.At the moment I have 1 white 85, one red 85 and two silver late 85 with power steering.With the closing of my local parts and service centre,I am building up a stock pile of parts.
    The thing that blows me away, is how much money the previous owners have spent at a particular workshop in Sydney. I would have ,easily $5,000, worth of recieps on the for the last year on the two silver ones alone. With all this money spent, you would expect them to be in great nick, but both are just fair condition. I bet that workshop rub their hands with glee every time a fuego drives in.Still, I supose that the previous owners loss is my gain,but you wont catch me spending $900 on anything exept maybe three or four more fuego's.
    Jo

1000+ Posts

Default Caught the bug!!

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    Al,it sure seems that way.At the moment I have 1 white 85, one red 85 and two silver late 85 with power steering.With the closing of my local parts and service centre,I am building up a stock pile of parts.
    The thing that blows me away, is how much money the previous owners have spent at a particular workshop in Sydney. I would have ,easily $5,000, worth of recieps on the for the last year on the two silver ones alone. With all this money spent, you would expect them to be in great nick, but both are just fair condition. I bet that workshop rub their hands with glee every time a fuego drives in.Still, I supose that the previous owners loss is my gain,but you wont catch me spending $900 on anything exept maybe three or four more fuego's.
    Jo
    Thats the wonderful part of Aussie Frogs with the way we Fuego owners have been able to help each other de-mystify the repair and re-furbishment of these great cars. And I did warn you when you called on your recent visit that Fuego's tend to multiply among dedicated owners.

In all too few years there will be a lot of past Fuego owners that will wish they had been able to keep their Fuego stored away rather than parting with it, but that's life.

Jo, I know it went to a good home and you will get lots of enjoyment.

Al, it is a car that drivers enjoy and with the current level of spares and good information and support on this forum, will provide you with hours of D.I.Y. enjoyment at whatever level your budget provides.

Ken

Thread Information