Fuego Grill Required
  • Help

Default Fuego Grill Required

Help.
    Just pranged my Turbo (BIG cry) and need a phase 2 grill (4 bar). I can't track any undamaged one's here in NZ so thought I'd try the Forum. I understand there's a parts company (is it called Caravelle?) and was wondering if anyone could give me their contact info ie address, phone, fax, email details. I'd really love a brand new grill, but my local Renault dealer thinks they're discontinued. While they find out, I'd like a backup plan.
    Cheers guys

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by nzrhysco
    Help.
    Just pranged my Turbo (BIG cry) and need a phase 2 grill (4 bar). I can't track any undamaged one's here in NZ so thought I'd try the Forum. I understand there's a parts company (is it called Caravelle?) and was wondering if anyone could give me their contact info ie address, phone, fax, email details. I'd really love a brand new grill, but my local Renault dealer thinks they're discontinued. While they find out, I'd like a backup plan.
    Cheers guys
    Hi nzrhysco.
    Caravelle. Melbourne...03 98909061. I have no idea what the international code is for Australia.
    I don't know if they will have a grille in stock for a Fuego, as I don't think they deal in large parts like that. I was under the impression they dealt more in consumables and maintainence parts(brakes, plugs, belts, engine parts etc.) but it won't hurt to phone.
    There was a Fuego turbo for sale recently, on TrademeNZ, and an R18 turbo also.
    I know of a Fuego in a wreckers here, but not sure what series it is, but I could find out if you need to know.
    chris
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

1000+ Posts

Default Fuego Phase two grille

Help.
    Cheers guys
    Just checked my spares for you - I thought I had a good spare, but the two spares I found were the phase one. Three of our cars are fitted with the phase 2 grille, so I think that there should be others around (good secondhand) without too much trouble I would think.

Ken Bailey at Caravelle Box 257 Kerrimuir Post Office Box Hill North or phone (03) 9890 9061 fax (03) 9899 5923, though I doubt he would have a new grille, but you never know.

I will keep looking around my spares and see if I have one tucked away.

Ken

1000+ Posts

Default Phase two grille

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Hi nzrhysco.

There was a Fuego turbo for sale recently, on TrademeNZ, and an R18 turbo also.
    I know of a Fuego in a wreckers here, but not sure what series it is, but I could find out if you need to know.
    chris
    The one he is looking for is usually painted the same colour as the bonnet on the upper two slats here, quite different to the earlier one and fitted to late 1985 - 1986 Fuegos - four slats describes it well.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    The one he is looking for is usually painted the same colour as the bonnet on the upper two slats here, quite different to the earlier one and fitted to late 1985 - 1986 Fuegos - four slats describes it well.

Ken
    Cheers guys
    It all helps. Unfortunately the phase 1 grilles don't fit as the headlight wiper holes are in a different position. Thinking of that, did Aussie Fuego's have headlight wipers, and therefore, the holes in the grille?

Fellow Frogger!

Default Fuego Grille

Cheers guys
    It all helps. Unfortunately the phase 1 grilles don't fit as the headlight wiper holes are in a different position. Thinking of that, did Aussie Fuego's have headlight wipers, and therefore, the holes in the grille?
    Try Trade me there are a number being wrecked on it right now! Or try Wayne Earl Automotive in Aukland 09 8281880

1000+ Posts

Default Phase 2 Aussie with H/lamp wipers.

Aussie Fuegos did have wipers, the phase two have the option with breakout plugs for the headlight wipers.

If you source one locally let us know.

Ken

Hi guys,

Dont know if it helps, but a few years back I managed to source a couple of them (in primer) from an outfit in Sydney. They wanted $AU 80 each for them.

I forget who they werre / are, maybe someone here knows or remembers something.

I was considering making a mould, and pouring some in resin before I found these.