Hi I'm new here - just wondering if anyone could help me?
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Hi I'm new here - just wondering if anyone could help me?

Hi all, I'm a newbie here. My name is Simon Allen and i have an R5 campus. It's currently a 1.1 but i have bought it in the hope of making it quicker without a turbo. Basically i plan to fit a 1.8 16v engine from a clio/renault 19 etc etc.
    As i understand it the block casting will fit directly onto a 1.7 monaco gearbox? Does this then mean that it is just a case of re-wiring the loom to fit the engine? or is there anything else i need to consider? any clearance problems etc?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated and i apologise for the first thread being a technical one.
    Thanks in advance,
    Simon

Advertisement

This one is going to be tricky to answer on this forum, as the Superfive was never sold in Australia, and this is a predominantly Australian forum.

I'd suggest that at least the bellhousing would need to be changed on the gearbox, as the C motor is a different block from the later alloy F series motor even then the gearing would likely to be too low in the 1.1 litre gearbox. As there were some Superfive models fitted with the F series motor, it would probably be easier to obtain a front cut from one of those cars for the conversion and all the necessary mounts and brackets.

Probably try a UK performance or Renault forum. as I know the conversion has been done but am not aware of the various ins and outs.

Simon I also agree with Simon (boy does that sound odd) and suggest the UK forums - Renault has a technical forum where you can "ask the experts" from Renault UK (will need to sign up first as a member but it's free - http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/ ) and you could also try the Renault Sports Club - the forums are free but if you want to join the club proper and really participate in the forums there is a fee [I think it's £20] - http://www.renaultsportsclub.co.uk

Good Luck with your project!

2005 Renaultsport Mégane Turbo 225 LX

Hi Simon you should try www.andyspares.com

There should be loads of users there that can assist....

Tadpole

thank you for the help guys. I never realised that the 5 was never sold in australia. thanks for the info anyway, at least i'm not stabbing in the dark. I now know it has been done before so can be done again
    Regards,
    Simon

Thread Information