Renault R25 speedo pickup
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Renault R25 speedo pickup

HI There,am looking for a Renault r25 speedo pickup.I have a 1988 R25 man
    un1 box. Unfortunately nobody here has anything,the wire is to close to the pickup to solder so need new or alternative. Hope someone can help.....S

Advertisement

Do you have a price on a new sender as yet from your local dealer? If it seems exhorbitant, you could try Marchants in the UK, their prices seem to be very competitive.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Do you have a price on a new sender as yet from your local dealer? If it seems exhorbitant, you could try Marchants in the UK, their prices seem to be very competitive.
    G,Day,and thanks for reply .Have sent enquiry to Merchants so will see what happens!.

Icon5

I currently have my speedo in for a check at the local instrument shop. It used to be alright but every now and then it would read about 20 kph low, ie when doing 100 it would read 80. If the speedo comes back good I'll also be looking for a sensor. Please let us know the cost from overseas. I had the local dealer (Klosters) in Newcastle quote me around $250.00 for a new one.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Regie
    I currently have my speedo in for a check at the local instrument shop. It used to be alright but every now and then it would read about 20 kph low, ie when doing 100 it would read 80. If the speedo comes back good I'll also be looking for a sensor. Please let us know the cost from overseas. I had the local dealer (Klosters) in Newcastle quote me around $250.00 for a new one.
    Gday Reggie, have received sensor and 2x driveshaft seals,cost me $300nz all up from Merchants or Whitehouse very quick to get them,think I saved about 60 70 dollars.But know sensor has been replaced with an alternative sensor not the exact one but am awaiting to hear how to do modifications on it,so will see what they are soon.

Thread Information