NASCAR r5 turbo 2!
  • Help

Default NASCAR r5 turbo 2!

trust the yanks to think they can build a body thats prettier than the original... at least they realised they cant do better mechanicals..

http://www.suninternational-usa.com/PPG-1.html

Advertisement
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

Quote Originally Posted by enthused!
    trust the yanks to think they can build a body thats prettier than the original... at least they realised they cant do better mechanicals..

i don't mind it, except for the doors, that kind of thing doesn't really work on anything other then a lambo, or a delorean

Default Don't think it was the body style that killed 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by enthused!

Enthused,
    Tsk! Tsk! Insults will get you nowhere. I'm not sure but last time I looked, 20 plus years later neither is around here anymore. AMC(the old Rambler, Nash connection was always 4th or lower most popular car company in US. Believe me, we all were aware of AMC's design deficiencies. No high school kid ever lusted for an AMC save the Javelin. AMC's first and last good car was the Javelin from the early 70's during the "pony wars",and Trans -Am racing. The "Pacer",same era, was highly controversial with its strange body style and lasted only a couple of years.
    Didn't Chrysler (3rd most popular) buy them all along with Jeep,Eagle and Renault/AMC trying to rescue them?. Eagle(was a pretty good 4 wheel drive car for awhile) is gone now and so is Renault in the late 80's or thereabouts. At least NASCAR over the years has allowed every car company's participation in the pace car shuffle. AMC/Renault tried to do something novel. Many pace models used were typically lighty warmed over production line cars. Some cars were no more than stickers declaring anniversary models. NASCAR understood to give all a chance so every car enthusiast's favorite company could be involved even if they never competed and thereby particpate and support racing which sells cars.
    So in your franca lingua , "good on all of 'em"
    It isnt F1 but its what we got!
    Ross G.
    '65 Alpine GT4
    "No detail to small to obsess over"

Cor

What a Car

That is what I like

Only the must give me some more photo's.

Thread Information