Renault Floride Soft top
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Renault Floride Soft top

My name is John Paul Urizar and I have recently purchased 1962 Renault Floride from Collectible Classics in South Australia and love the little car. My question is in regards to the soft top for this vehicle, if you have the R.1092 spare parts book page 82.82

Advertisement

1. Part Number 8214588(a) 3538334(b) it the rear metal strip which screws and attaches to the rear of the soft top to the rear of the body & the rubber which goes with it, which is most important.

For the record I am not refering to the early Floride rear metal bar that connects to the two rear clips on the rear of body. I do know that there are three types made.

Could anyone help and track this down

thanks

John Paul Urizar

M) 0414 826 716

w) 02 9557 5866

P.S Great forum for owners!Renault Floride Soft Top

Fellow Frogger!

Icon7

Hi John,
    You have certainly got yourself a Renault Classic!

Regarding the parts you require, have you tried Caravelle Imports in Melbourne (Ph 03-98909061)?

It is not likely that they will have the parts, but may be able to direct you to a source.

Another obvious organisation would be either the Victorian or NSW Renault Car Clubs. There are some members from those clubs who also contribute to this forum.

If you do not have a R1092 Workshop Manual, I can scan and email you relevant pages as required (and I have the time available). Even the electrical system has colour coded diagrams!

Cheers,
    Kim.

Forget the locals and get on to www.renaultcaravelle.com Ask the question there, my guess is that they will be able to put you on to a source for what you want.

outahere
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

So is this the dark blue Floride with red trim? Or the orange and black Floride S? If it is the dark blue car that was originally a hardtop Floride retrofitted with a Caravelle soft top. The PO actually purchased the frame through the Caravelle forum that Bogmaster mentioned. I reckon the strip you require could actually be fabricated by a decent metal fabricator. It appears to be basically a curved right angle metal section on top of a right angled rubber seal.

Also did the PO end up getting some Caravelle door glass for the car? As there was originally a gap at the top rear edge of the door glass where the squarer roof profile of the Caravelle roof was less curved than the roof profile of the Floride.

Tadpole

Default Renault Floride Soft top

Thank you to everyone who replied I am happy to report that I have located what I need from the US

Thanks

John Paul Urizar

Quote Originally Posted by KIMDEB
    Hi John,
    You have certainly got yourself a Renault Classic!

Regarding the parts you require, have you tried Caravelle Imports in Melbourne (Ph 03-98909061)?

It is not likely that they will have the parts, but may be able to direct you to a source.

Another obvious organisation would be either the Victorian or NSW Renault Car Clubs. There are some members from those clubs who also contribute to this forum.

If you do not have a R1092 Workshop Manual, I can scan and email you relevant pages as required (and I have the time available). Even the electrical system has colour coded diagrams!

Cheers,
    Kim.

Tadpole

Default Renault Soft Top

Hi Simon,

I own the Dark Blue car with red trim and we spoke over the phone before I purchased it. Do you recall the remember the call??

Thank you

John Paul Urizar

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    So is this the dark blue Floride with red trim? Or the orange and black Floride S? If it is the dark blue car that was originally a hardtop Floride retrofitted with a Caravelle soft top. The PO actually purchased the frame through the Caravelle forum that Bogmaster mentioned. I reckon the strip you require could actually be fabricated by a decent metal fabricator. It appears to be basically a curved right angle metal section on top of a right angled rubber seal.

Also did the PO end up getting some Caravelle door glass for the car? As there was originally a gap at the top rear edge of the door glass where the squarer roof profile of the Caravelle roof was less curved than the roof profile of the Floride.

Quote Originally Posted by johnpaulurizar
    Hi Simon,

I own the Dark Blue car with red trim and we spoke over the phone before I purchased it. Do you recall the remember the call??
    No, it wasn't me that you spoke to. I'm not the previous owner, I just know a bit about the car.

Good to know you have found the part!

Default caravelle '65 R1133

Quote Originally Posted by johnpaulurizar View Post
    Hi Simon,

Thank you

John Paul Urizar
    Hi John, I am restoring a caravelle and interested which company in the US was able to service your request. Appreciate any info. as I need to find a source for a steering wheel. Thanks Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    No, it wasn't me that you spoke to. I'm not the previous owner, I just know a bit about the car.

Good to know you have found the part!
    Simon, welcome back! We've missed you, presuming it IS you of course.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by arak View Post
    Hi John, I am restoring a caravelle and interested which company in the US was able to service your request. Appreciate any info. as I need to find a source for a steering wheel. Thanks Charles

G-day Charles, if you look closely at the dates of those posts, it was six years ago,and some people just dont play here anymore.
    If you go search through the for sale from last month you will find two caravelles in Box Hill the red one is a 1133 convertable, it had a blue tarp over it so i cant remember seeing the hood or steering wheel but give her a call.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Fellow Frogger!

Default Renault Floride

Hi Paul, If you are in Sydney, you must join the Renault Car Club of Australia, check out the website, we meet first Monday of each Month. You should come to the All French car day in Sydney in July Silverwater Park, Silverwater. Sunday 17th July. Should be a few Floride there, including my own.
    Roger

Thread Information