Renault 12 Back Seat
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Renault 12 Back Seat

Hi guys,
    Back again for some more techncial advice from the more experienced forum members. I removed the rear seat of my 1973 Renault 12 some time ago to put car seat covers on the pristine seat. Now that nearly a year has passed and it is time to put them back in for the RWC do you think I can figure out how the top part latches back in??? This really has me buggered and I am wondering if I have damaged the metal clips / tags that hold the top half of the back seat in place near the seat belt bolts. The seat appears to clip in okay until you sit on the bottom part of the seat which then seems to magically push the top half off the clips near the parcel shelf. Anyone here got a wreck in the back yard that has the seat still neatly positioned that they could take a picture of? Seems crazy that after two years of all sorts of mechancial work a lone clip or two could stop me this close to registration :-)
    Please help.
    Philip

Advertisement

Tadpole

Two clips at the top of the seat hold it in place. lift the backrest up, push it back to the bulkhead hard and push the seat backrest down pull the backrest forward to make sure it is located in place then there are two loops at the botoom of the seat backrest frame that clip into two sheet metal tags which are spot welded to the wheel arch, theese stop the backrest riding up. If the car has been in piecs these sheet metal tags may be obscured by the felt stuff feel around where the loops on tyhe bottom ov the backrest go and you should find the metal tags to loop to the backrest

Fellow Frogger!

Default Problems fitting back seat...

Thanks for the tip. Problem seems to lie with the tags at the bottom. Not sure I am fitting them in properly as they seem to bend too much (might be my fault from forcing it). Either way though don't seem to have the strength to hold the seat firmly. Is it definitely the two lowest loops on the seat where they fit?
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Division
    Two clips at the top of the seat hold it in place. lift the backrest up, push it back to the bulkhead hard and push the seat backrest down pull the backrest forward to make sure it is located in place then there are two loops at the botoom of the seat backrest frame that clip into two sheet metal tags which are spot welded to the wheel arch, theese stop the backrest riding up. If the car has been in piecs these sheet metal tags may be obscured by the felt stuff feel around where the loops on tyhe bottom ov the backrest go and you should find the metal tags to loop to the backrest

Thread Information