Nissan enthusiasts view of renault
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Nissan enthusiasts view of renault

I though I would repost these views from a nissan forum, they seemed to go missing from last nights forum ?????

Is this underhanded censorship

---------->

hehe sorry guys

i knew i would get a reaction like that lol

Well of course i love the Skyline R34 don't wurry..

But i disslike it the Nissan Are more Renaults now... that's really bad.. i can tell u cause the new huspent of my mum drive's a BRAND new Terraro NOTHING else than Problems!!
    Really thanx to Renault And in this Case FORD cause the new Terrano is toghether developed with Ford...

Nissan is reliable but Renault REALLY isn't!
    It wouldn't help NIssan

Greetz : Danny!

----------------->

I'll have to agree that Nissan would be better without Renault. They only help they need from Renault is financial help.

----------------->

jim i couldn't agree with you more, nissan is better independant then with Renault who is just in it for the profits, I am glad Renault helped them out though becasue nissan may have been bankrupt by now if renault did not help. In the long run nissan is better as independant then being part owned by renault. I think Renault is getting more out of this relationship then Nissan

----------------->

I'm sorry i don't know the new name of the New Nissan... but This is the Renault which looks almost exactly the same as the Nissan.
    http://www.autoweek.nl/cbimages/renault/kang21_a.jpg

And btw this is what i mean with Plastic interior's :
    http://www.autoweek.nl/cbimages/renault/kang2in1_a.jpg

Advertisement

Cioao , Danny!

Fellow Frogger!

Who are these morons? A) if Renault hadnt stepped in, Nissan might be making toasters now B) Its a Kangoo.. thats a Renault. Yes, there are Opel and Nissan versions of the same car, dont claim its a new Nissan. Fool.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

What comments can be made? There is a lot of misinformation out there I guess. Mr. T, I hope you set them straight :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Mr. T, I hope you set them straight :-)
    FOOLS, all of them, FOOLS!!!!

Is Danny old enough to drive?

I think he really should wurry
    '02 Renaultsport Clio
    '69 MGB Mk II (Group S race car)

how many 1970's nissans do you see on the roads? not many all died becuase they were unreliable... but reno's heaps! i think they might be trying to find a scape goat for the fact that nissan's have been nothing but an average car since they won bathurst, and the only reason they did that was becuase reno had invented the turbo.
    205GTi Peugeot 1988 Graphite Grey for sale $2500

Formula 1....enough said

cheers

dino

MrT...
    Which Nissan site was it. We could log in and tell em what the real deal is.
    Renault realized that to take on the scurge that is and combat boring Jap cars Toyota they'd need more soldiers...enter Nissan (all they have going for them is the Skyline or the 'Z')
    They should be greatful a company with a little flair in design will help them design cars.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

1000+ Posts

Default I deleted the thread...

I deleted it because it was almost all about Nissans with, from memory, one ill informed line made off the cuff by some prat about Renault. Then the thread launched into discussing bloody Nissans. It's even handed censorship to keep this a Renault forum. I can't believe someone would post a thread about what some other *wits on another forum think about Renault! I could've stuck it in the pond, but I didn't.

In addition, we've had inter-forum wrangles from previous similar threads when members here thought they'd straighten out some other people's opinions elsewhere.

Don't worry about it. Enjoy your cars.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

1000+ Posts

yeah thought this would turn sour!
    they probably think Frenchies rust easily too

Though give them credit, the Nismo guys can do some good work & Renault are using them!

Though i think i had the ONLY car on George st on Fri nite that developed 90% of its torque below 5 grand! LOL

Administrator

Unlike other mergers, I think the Renault-Nissan Alliance has the posibility of positively benefitting both companies.

Nissan have followed the Japanese motoring ideals of thorough and competent mass production engineering. Like Toyoya, they have built market share on producing reliable start and drive vehicles which are often criticised for lacking design flair or passion.

Renault have followed the French motoring ideals of innovation and design and dynamic flair, sometimes at the expense of durability or livability but usually providing a rewarding or unique experience.

Renault could learn and adopt alot from Nissan.

Nissan has a vast range of AWD vehicles that Renault could (and probably will) utilise in the forthcoming Renault Koleos 4WD (imagine an X-Trail by Renault).

Nissan has long made smooth, reliable and powerful engines such as the VQ30 (now used in the LagunaII) that make the old Renault V6 look like a boat anchor. Nissan also utilise japanese automatic transmissions which seem far more reliable than their French counterparts.

Nissan seem to have a better way of designing vehicles that are easy to repair and maintain, an aspect lacking in some of Renault's proucts.

Nissan on the other hand could adopt alot from Renault.

Many of Nissans products have the visual and dynamic personality of a fridge.

Renault's influence on the design of the 350 Z, the Maxima and the MicraII is obvious and adds to the depth of what are otherwise just competent affordable japanese vehicles.

Renault has a leading range of smaller engines and diesel units which Nissan can (and have) utilised on their smaller cars.

Due to the geographic and demographic differences between Nissan and Renault, they are unlikely to steal bulk sales from eachother and aslong as the main component sharing remains firmly under the skin and doesn't become
    visible, I think it will be one of the best example of automotive co operation ever.

Nissan has the ability to produce both largish SUV and luxury car products that Renault doesn't seem to get right.

Both are extremely important in the US market... a bit of a hint as to why Renault gave Nissan a hand.

The Infiniti brand has a swag of impressive products available in the USA.
    Murano, G series and the new M series.

Default one eyed people

Some people just don’t know the Japanese auto history do they
    in the early years they used to invite the likes of Austin Morris
    the Italy fiat and the likes into there country to help build a car,
    weather it be Nissan issue Toyota Mazda
    as Japan could not build a car, they had to sauce out side help.
    and once under way with a car they would then remove the out
    side manufacture from there shores with little or no thanks at all
    for there help Toyota and Nissan the most users and copiers of
    them all gee I hate Toyota and Nissan.
    As far as trying to build a limo or up market car they have failed all
    the time "they just do not have it" and never will.
    I do think that Renault should not help out the likes of Nissan as they were used once before by them.
    If Renault are gaining inside knowledge good on them this time
    the boots on the other foot good to see.
    I love Renault Citroen, Peugeot they have pedigree builds behind them
    the Japanese car industry will never have
    Re chevroen

1000+ Posts

Yes, and the last vestiges of what was Austin Morris has just gone into receivership (MG Rover), and FIAT Auto was close to this a few years ago.

So long as Renault keeps its individuality and still makes real French cars that are good to drive, they are doing the right thing to collaborate. Just ask the drivers of Laguna II's with auto gearbox woes.

As acknowledged, Nissan has some nice upper-mid sized engines and good autos, arguably the main/only bug with the Lag and others.

If they start rebadging Nissans as Renaults, though, it will not be good.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Thread Information