Hotting up my Megane?
  • Help

Default Hotting up my Megane?

Hello,

Any ideas on the following modifications I'm planning to do to my megane once the factory warranty expires? Its a 2.0L auto.

1. 17" to 19" rims. Will I be able to get over speed bumps? hmm. Don't want to lose the bumper on the melbourne goat tracks they call roads round here.

2. Induction Kit. Maybe the CDA carbon one. Don't think it will create too much extra Kw to give the transmission problems

3. Turbo? I'm wondering what the difference between the F4R and the F4Rt in the Megane Renault Sport 225? Are there internal differences (stronger conrods, metal head gasket etc.) and will a turbo from one bolt on? Would a turbo stress the transmission too much?

Thanks

Advertisement

ummm those mods sounds like a shit load of money you are about to part with. Why not, sell the thing, and buy a RSM 225? Then you'd have all of those mentioned, with warranty! For probably the same money.
    Karl
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by storms_of_fate
    ummm those mods sounds like a shit load of money you are about to part with. Why not, sell the thing, and buy a RSM 225? Then you'd have all of those mentioned, with warranty! For probably the same money.
    Well because my wife needs an auto, I got the sunroof and the leather pack, and hey I didn't have an extra $7 to $10K handy.

Quote Originally Posted by mhackling
    Well because my wife needs an auto, I got the sunroof and the leather pack, and hey I didn't have an extra $7 to $10K handy.
    A decent turbo installation will cost somewhere between $5K and $10K. God knows what it would do to the auto box.

IMO, leave it alone.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Thread Information