Clio 3
  • Help

Thread: Clio 3

Default Clio 3

hello aussies, how are you all, so a bit of news from the cheeze's contry!

all about the news european best selllers who's coming soon, i'm talking about the CLIO 3 of course!

"La Clio 3 devrait être un peu plus longue,environ 3,90m,plus large,1,70m avec une hauteur proche de l'actuelle.Son confort et sa tenue de route,encore améliorés, fera encore d'elle LA référence absolue en la matière.Son niveau de sécurité devrait lui permettre d'obtenir 5 étoiles au crash test. En se qui concerne les motorisations, on devrait retrouver le 1.2e 60ch,1.2e16V 75ch,1.4e16V 98ch,1.6e 115ch,ces 2 derniers cèderont plus tard leur place à un 1.5e mis au point avec Nissans,et plus tard s'ajoutera une CLIO RS 2.0e turbo de 200CH. En diesel 1.5dCi 70, 85,100 et une version évoluée de 115ch. Renault pourrait également peut-être y mettre le future 2.0 dCI d'environ 140ch pour lutter plus efficacement contre la future 207 HDI 138ch ou Ibiza TDI 130ch. En plus des versions 3 et 5 portes,la superbe ClioV6 ne devrait malheureusement pas être reconduite. A la place Renault songe à une version CC ou a un break. Coté équipement, la Clio 3 aura bien sur droit aux dernières nouvautés de la marque comme la carte de démarrage,phares tournants,toit ouvrant panoramique,GPS dernière génération ect.. Tout ceci,en plus de son style plus agressif et affirmé, lui permettra de rester LA meilleur de sa catégorie"

ok it's in french, but things comes quite news, it will be as tall but a bit larger and bigger for the same weight, that will give it the best gripp of all his class car, the more interesting is the new engines i noticed before here, engines devlopeted with nissan, 1.5l and the cherry on the cake, the CLIO 3 RS 2l V16 TURBO devloping 200hp , it's the new engine with more torque and around 30% less weight and 20% better consoumtion ha ha ha, lot of sensations coming up isn't it?

motorisations,
    1.2L 16V
    1.4L 16V
    1.6L 16V
    2.0L 140ch (ex:laguna)
    2.0e L 16V 200ch new (RS)

Advertisement

diesel
    1.5L DCI 68ch
    1.5L DCI 86ch
    1.5L DCI 100ch
    1.5L DCI 110ch avec boite 6 rapports
    2.0L DCI 140ch

so enjoy, see ya all

bye,

XTC

Looks like the mix of a Megane, Laguna and the V6 Clio ... at least Renault seem serious about using forced injection to get performance ... Here's an earlier "Photoshopped" <R> version.

- xTc -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clio 3-topsecret_clio3_1_big.jpg  
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealFrog
    hello aussies, how are you all, so a bit of news from the cheeze's contry!

all about the news european best selllers who's coming soon, i'm talking about the CLIO 3 of course!

....and the cherry on the cake, the CLIO 3 RS 2l V16 TURBO devloping 200hp , it's the new engine with more torque and around 30% less weight and 20% better consoumtion ha ha ha, lot of sensations coming up isn't it?
    OMFG

Its true, it will be a 200bhp giant. Going by the quality of the booster in the Megane, lag wont be part of its vocabulary. Holy smokes, I want one I want one I want one!

I'll be the first to say I recon they look fantasic as well! That is really super cool super nice french style!
    '87 Camry 2.0ltr injected---------5min 11 sec
    '85 Charade turbo 700cc----------5min 06 sec RESPECT
    '99 GX Impreza 2.0ltr-------------5min 02 sec
    '99 WRX w/ hi-flo exhaust------4min 46 sec
    Byrnesy's 172---------------------- 4min 25 sec

1000+ Posts

LOL, wonder what those Mini people are gonna say now!!!

Turbo
    high premiums... they just let the cat outta the bag i think!

Styling gets a thumbs up from me... its smooth, mini-megane-ish...

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    Turbo
    high premiums... they just let the cat outta the bag i think!

yea, I certainly hope not. But its incredible how much a turbo influences insurance, no matter what car it is in or how it affects it (except for diesels - I don’t know about their insurance).

For example, my mates old Die-hat-sue Charade (damn right, it is a charade!) is insured for an agreed value of about $3500. For me to insure my old Camry in my mother's name was going to be around $500. The premium on the 700 cc Charade is a staggering $1200! And that is in his mother's name! They basically double 1/2 the premium just because of the booster. Its a freaking 700cc car! Its not a 2.0ltr! wtf! The turbo is put on just so the car can actually move under its own propulsion.

Well, perhaps this will save the resale value of our cars, nate? Might work... if they are heaps less to insure and go almost as quick?
    '87 Camry 2.0ltr injected---------5min 11 sec
    '85 Charade turbo 700cc----------5min 06 sec RESPECT
    '99 GX Impreza 2.0ltr-------------5min 02 sec
    '99 WRX w/ hi-flo exhaust------4min 46 sec
    Byrnesy's 172---------------------- 4min 25 sec

the styling gets a thumbs up from me

Not bad looking. My favourite clio was the one that never came here unfortunatly.
    The 90's one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clio 3-clio06.jpe  

Styling I like!
    2.0L Turbo I like!
    Hopefully I'll fit in this one!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Not bad looking. My favourite clio was the one that never came here unfortunatly.
    The 90's one.

...and if it was available here with automatic transmission, you would buy it etc. etc. etc.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Icon6

Europa yes yes yes yes your catching on mate. Your getting into my psych....

Tadpole

I like it

RS 2.0 16v 200bhp should make an interesting choice. Has any one either seen or even tested the Laguna GT 205, which is also fitted with that engine?

XTC

200BHP Traction control will be the only thing stopping it being another Alfa GTA tire shredder. And this is a growing problem ... and why the trend towards AWD has merit, sure it bluntens the drive a little in terms of fun, but you can get SOOOO much more power to the ground, esp if it has bags of torque, and volvo proved you don't need to have to pile on the kg's to make a decent AWD system (their setup is less then 50kg from what I hear) .. where's Pug307 ?

- xTc -

Now this is a .sig

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    200BHP Traction control will be the only thing stopping it being another Alfa GTA tire shredder.
    Makes you wonder if the reason it gets 200bhp rather than the full 225 from the Megane would be because of the traction/torque steer reason...

Stay tuned for a Nissan derived 4WD version of something in the future, I'd say!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Stay tuned for a Nissan derived 4WD version of something in the future, I'd say!
    If it's WRX/Golf GTi type price point ... then they'd be onto something ... always going to be hard for Renault to swing users away from those two when the Megane is $3K more (and resale of Golfs is known to be high).

- xTc -

PS: Swing - Golf .. no pun intended

Now this is a .sig

I like the styling, very Megane-esque.

Troy.

the Megane is $3K more (and resale of Golfs is known to be high).
    I know the base Golf GTI price is less than the Megane, it would be interesting to do a spec for spec comparison at that point.

As for resale, that is a tricky one. It does surprise me how well the RS Clios have held their price.

If it's WRX/Golf GTi type price point ... then they'd be onto something ... always going to be hard for Renault to swing users away from those two when the Megane is $3K more (and resale of Golfs is known to be high).

- xTc -

PS: Swing - Golf .. no pun intended

don't agree, as i said before the CLIO 3 will be a bit larger, for the same price than actual one, and the engine is quite new, nothing to do with megane 225, really nothing, i posted on these new engines coming, the torque is improved comsountion too and althroug the weight of the engine is 20 to 30 % lower keeping the car weight similar to the actual one!
    the clio 3 have the seize of a 306, now if guys want a golf, it's up to them!

remind me the good old times, when with my unbranded R21 2l turbo i'have left lots of Golf GTI mongers at my butt who was claiming challenges to test their german mamouth!

the old R21 turbo was pushing your ass when reaching 2500rpm, getting an unbeleivable torque to low revs, but the consomption was so hight and fuel price so hight!

I think we're going to see more hot hatches released with lsd's at least as an option as the power game moves on. Renault couldn't deny the performance increase attributed with a torque sensing differential and would probably be working on the torque steer (or maybe a ZF type to be safer).

I know the mk2 MINI will have a torsen diff as an option, and the others will surely follow suit to keep up.
    1987 205 GTI - Graphite Grey - 206k km's
    1988 MR2 Supercharger - Mica Blue - 114k km's

I know the base Golf GTI price is less than the Megane, it would be interesting to do a spec for spec comparison at that point.

They come out very close when they are matched spec for spec. Base price on the Golf is $39,990ish. Then metallic paint is $695, (standard on RSM), and the self locking doors over 15km/h is also a $250 option on the Golf (standard on RSM) . The dead cow and leccy roof pack on the RSM is $4K, on the Golf it is a combo deal of about $5K (both roof and leather can be optioned separately on Golf). So overall the cars come very close together on price with the same spec. The Golf has the DSG option too for ease in city driving, and for those who don't like a clutch.

So far in the magazine tests the Golf would appear to have the edge in driver enjoyment, but the RSM has it in a straight line, the Trophy suspension option on the RSM later on should make things interesting. Then again there is wind that there will be a stripper "Cup" style Golf GTi too. Probably another one of those comparisons where the result would be too close to call over a point to point run :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    The Golf has the DSG option too for ease in city driving, and for those who don't like a clutch.
    I think I saw at the motorshow that the DSG option was quite expensive (although it does sound like a pretty cool thing) - something like a $3K option?

XTC

I think I saw at the motorshow that the DSG option was quite expensive (although it does sound like a pretty cool thing) - something like a $3K option?
    Yep 3K ... I raised the issue about opting for the DSG or leather before (which are about the same) ... I guess we'l just have to wait for one of those unbiased Wheels reviews (RMS v's Golf GTi) where the Astra will beat both .. hahahahahaha

- xTc -

Now this is a .sig

the torsen C diff is quite efficient on the Audi
    Quattro,

Thread Information