Renault History
  • Help

Thread: Renault History

Default Renault History

Has anyone got links to sites with info on Renault History? I'm particularly interested in the more modern models and what was sold here and around the world.

There seems to be very little info around on the various engines and specs as well.

I downloaded a video posted on here with the Clio Williams and I realised that I had a ride in that same model many years ago! It was brand new and I was only 7 on holidays in Europe. The video has sparked my curiosity!

Advertisement

Thanks,

Anthony
    2005 RENAULTsport Clio 182 Cup F1

Anthony your right theres very litle on them indeed....That video is great and that model of Clio was great too. Very 90's....

There isn't a lot of info web or otherwise on Australian history as such, probably a case of asking specific questions on here.

For other history try the Renault site:

http://www.renault.com/gb/decouverte/index_histoire.htm

Or Katriina's site:

http://www.abc.se/~katriina/history.htm

Fellow Frogger!

Hello,

As everyone has said there is precious little (squat) about Renault Aust on the Web. There is a funny little publication called Renault in Australia by Pedr Davis and his brother that is a little topical. I have one and may be able to copy some of it for you, or it may turn up on amazon or ebay. You Know,Books.

Melc

Quote Originally Posted by Melc
    Hello,

There is a funny little publication called Renault in Australia by Pedr Davis and his brother that is a little topical.
    Melc
    Ah yes, the book Renault in Australia is a "funny little publication". A scantily researched book with a lot of disinformation......

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Ah yes, the book Renault in Australia is a "funny little publication". A scantily researched book with a lot of disinformation......
    Simon, you might need to scan and post the "corrections" letter :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Simon, you might need to scan and post the "corrections" letter :-)
    I'll see what I can do, the original letter may be on some long lost hard drive or disc somewhere. The letter I received back from the publishers opened with the line "You obviously didn't like our book...." and "it wasn't intended to be an exhaustive history of Renault".

So I guess I probably was expecting a bit much, but really compressing 90 odd years in Australia into 4.5 pages while having one full page on how to pronounce "hwrenno" did seem skimpy to me. I guess the overblown promotion in some Renault blurb which caused me to post off my order increased my sense of expectation somewhat. Things like the 4CV being labelled the 4HP in the book, "in Australia , where the car was always called the "750" even in its 760 form" just shows a basic lack of detail in not researching any contemporary advertising. Then the 16TS with optional T-bar automatic transmission and the 17TL later called the 17TS, need I go on......

Even Volvo distribution must have thought the book was a rip, sending out refund cheques with the book reducing the intial purchase price by $4 to $6.

Thread Information