side draft manifolds
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default side draft manifolds

does having a sidedraft manifold with jetted carbie on a 1397 cc 12 motor giveu much advangtage over standard carbie setup however my 1397 motor is in early body so no only 2 pollution gear hoses so is there much advantage and how much work does it require to fit a sidedraft manifold wit the relevent carbie be it weber or delorto etc ? please advise

Advertisement
    classic no plastic just lots metal but lots of fun

phew..i am out of breath!

With other work like a hotter cam etc of course you'll get an improvement, not only in performance but also in the speed that the fuel guage returns to empty! Sounds good though.

Jensen
    2002 Monaco Blue Renaultsport Clio 172
    1975 R1317 Renault 17 Gordini

Fellow Frogger!

Default sidedrafts

thankthat answer no questions as i was asking how much work involved in fitted one of these maniflods and changing things relevent to the carbie and coolant system

Quote Originally Posted by daniel the r12 nut
    does having a sidedraft manifold with jetted carbie on a 1397 cc 12 motor giveu much advangtage over standard carbie setup
    To me this sounds like a question even though there was no question mark, so i answered it with a yes.

In regards to the coolant hoses, i have a weber 45dcoe and a lynx manifold in front of me and there are no attachments for cooling hoses. So you would need to join the inlet and outlet hoses from the original carby together to bypass it.

Linkages should not be too hard as dont some R12's have the accel cable bracketed to the rocker cover? If so the cable should pull in the right direction to rig up the weber.

Jensen
    2002 Monaco Blue Renaultsport Clio 172
    1975 R1317 Renault 17 Gordini

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Jensen
    phew..i am out of breath!

Jensen
    Here, have some some punctuation and capital letters to help you breathe
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Fellow Frogger!

Default side drafts

ok all iwant is some answers.
    hat much benefit to fitting a sidedraft over carbie that has been properly jetted to the cars req carbie is downdraft minimal polution gear.
    how much work is require d to fit said sidedraft and manifold.
    number 3 is it legal as long as u can connect polution gear hose .

asjensenhasalreadymentionedthecoolanthosewillhavet obeconnectedtogetherwithanotherhosetheywontbeablet obeblockedotherwisethatwillcauseairtobetrappedinth esystem.Asforbenefitsinfittingthecarbyalonetheywon tbeasmuchasifasetofextractorsisalsofittedimnoteven sureifthemanifoldalonewillfitwithouttheextractorsb eingfitted.Asusualifyouusetheextrapowertheccarwill justusemorefuelbutireckonthebetterbreathingofthesi dedraftthecarshouldperformbetteras12'stendtogetbre athlessatthetopend.Fromthemanifoldsihaveseentheyju stboltinplaceoftheoriginalmanifoldagainasjensensai dalinkagewillhavetobefabricatedtosuit.Number3ifyou rcarispost1975prejuly1976itwillonlyhaveanevaporati veemissionsystemfittedthatwillrequireabreatherhose tobefittedintotheaircleanerintakeastheexistingfitt ingssamewiththebreatherfittingsfromtherockercover

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    asjensenhasalreadymentionedthecoolanthosewillhavet obeconnectedtogetherwithanotherhosetheywontbeablet obeblockedotherwisethatwillcauseairtobetrappedinth esystem.Asforbenefitsinfittingthecarbyalonetheywon tbeasmuchasifasetofextractorsisalsofittedimnoteven sureifthemanifoldalonewillfitwithouttheextractorsb eingfitted.Asusualifyouusetheextrapowertheccarwill justusemorefuelbutireckonthebetterbreathingofthesi dedraftthecarshouldperformbetteras12'stendtogetbre athlessatthetopend.Fromthemanifoldsihaveseentheyju stboltinplaceoftheoriginalmanifoldagainasjensensai dalinkagewillhavetobefabricatedtosuit.Number3ifyou rcarispost1975prejuly1976itwillonlyhaveanevaporati veemissionsystemfittedthatwillrequireabreatherhose tobefittedintotheaircleanerintakeastheexistingfitt ingssamewiththebreatherfittingsfromtherockercover
    Classic

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

What are those capital letters, apostrophes and full stops doing in there?
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

guru..guru..guru..guru..guru..guru..guru..guru..gu ru..guru..guru..guru..guru..guru!

yeah simon

ed ge

Default .

"thankthat answer no questions as i was asking how much work involved in fitted one of these maniflods and changing things relevent to the carbie and coolant system"

"ok all iwant is some answers."

maibi 1dey working by professanal but 2deys by u skil. but yugain 12 whoreses in parformans with standard valvsprings.

houp this finds you relevent to questions.

Last edited by sapito; 8th April 2005 at 11:40 PM.

Thread Information