lots of renault stuff going
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,484

    Default lots of renault stuff going

    Sadly, simonetta motors,in brookvale is being sold ,and Frank is geting rid of alot of old renault and peu.... the other one,stuff.I saw about 30 odd doors going ,looking like R10,12 16 etc.. there is years worth of motors,suspension,windscreens,driveshafts etc etc and I think it will probably end up at the scrap heap if someone doesn't take it away. Worth checking out if these parts are your fancy.
    Jo

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Moderator vivid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    parallel 43 south
    Posts
    1,900

    Default

    Shame he is in Sydney, I'd be up for some bits.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! AU-YT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    Sadly, simonetta motors,in brookvale is being sold ,and Frank is geting rid of alot of old renault and peu.... the other one,stuff.I saw about 30 odd doors going ,looking like R10,12 16 etc.. there is years worth of motors,suspension,windscreens,driveshafts etc etc and I think it will probably end up at the scrap heap if someone doesn't take it away. Worth checking out if these parts are your fancy.
    Jo
    The stuf is really cheap I have taken about 3 boot loads of this and have not scratched the surface
    Some one Buy the stuff as a lot of early renult bits are now unobtainioum

  4. #4
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    19

    Default

    anything there for the 172? like a spare set of rims?

  5. #5
    Moderator vivid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    parallel 43 south
    Posts
    1,900

    Default

    Anyone heading out there, can you take note of the 16 and 10 bits.

    I am almost tempted to make a road trip.

    I agree, someone please grab this stuff as a job lot, I would be your bestest customer!
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts HONG KONG PUGGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Yarrabilba, Queensland
    Posts
    2,759

    Default Bulk Aussiefrogs purchase??

    What is the latest they have to get rid of it all.
    Is it possible for someone to take the time to see what they have and post a short list here, and give memebrs a wqeek or two to register interest and offer to buy some of it through aussiefrogs.

    Chris.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200



    Previous

    2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10





    "When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

  7. #7
    Moderator vivid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    parallel 43 south
    Posts
    1,900

    Default

    here here.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,484

    Default

    OK guys, I'll have a chat to Frank and see if I can get some details of whats left.I get the vibe that he couldn't be bothered with specific items ,but just wants it all gone as the new owner isn't a french car sympathiser.
    I'm pretty certain theres not much fuego stuff left as I've been bleeding him of that for years now.
    Jo

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts HONG KONG PUGGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Yarrabilba, Queensland
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    OK guys, I'll have a chat to Frank and see if I can get some details of whats left.I get the vibe that he couldn't be bothered with specific items ,but just wants it all gone as the new owner isn't a french car sympathiser.
    I'm pretty certain theres not much fuego stuff left as I've been bleeding him of that for years now.
    Jo
    Thanks alot Jo.
    I am sure we can move some of it up here as well. Do you have any idea of how much there is??
    Chris
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200



    Previous

    2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10





    "When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Thanks alot Jo.
    I am sure we can move some of it up here as well. Do you have any idea of how much there is??
    Chris
    you'd probably fill a double garage and be spewing onto the lawn.I'll pop in after lunch on my way home today and try and get some details.
    Jo

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts HONG KONG PUGGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Yarrabilba, Queensland
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    you'd probably fill a double garage and be spewing onto the lawn.I'll pop in after lunch on my way home today and try and get some details.
    Jo
    Don't think Mrs HKP would like her pride and joy sitting outside all the time.
    Still interested in what's on offer though.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200



    Previous

    2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10





    "When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

  12. #12
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    6,665

    Default

    Maybe David Cavanagh might be interested?


    2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

  13. #13
    Member timk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    52

    Default parts salvage

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Maybe David Cavanagh might be interested?
    id also be interested in know im in adelaide but theres plenty of people in adelaide that would love some gear ill keep my eyes out for your info when you get a chance to post it tim kelly

  14. #14
    Moderator vivid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    parallel 43 south
    Posts
    1,900

    Default

    Clearing the garage as we speak in anticipation.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

  15. #15
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,484

    Default

    What a fuc@#$day!!!@#$#@!
    Went to chat to Frank, and he told me he would make a list and post it soon. As I left the yard, The person in front changed their mind about turning right and I plowed up their ass, into their towbar.The irony was I'd just picked up some new lights ,but I wasn't expecting to use them so soon.I guess there is even less fuego stuff now!(sorry,Guy)

    Jo
    PS might be after an aircon radiator. I think I just killed mine.

  16. #16
    Moderator vivid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    parallel 43 south
    Posts
    1,900

    Default

    Sorry to hear it Jo,

    I did a simular thing in my Fuego 6 months back, moving it around in the front yard.

    Had Just replaced the Left headlight and was rolling it down the hill.. Took off from me and rolled into the house didn't it!

    So I am still down a headlight and headlight protector if he has (another) one.

    What other Fuego stuff does he have?

    David.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

  17. #17
    1000+ Posts HONG KONG PUGGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Yarrabilba, Queensland
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    That sucks bad Jo, hope the fix isn't a difficult one.
    Hope you gave them what for.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200



    Previous

    2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10





    "When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

  18. #18
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,484

    Default

    I might have been a bit grumpier than I was,if the the old dear driving wasn't so damn nice and appologetic.I also figured that my chances of geting away without paying too much for her damage,were increased tenfold by taking the tail betwean the legs stance.
    The day got worse,though as After my gig at aparty in an out of the way leafy harbourside suburb,I gave two slightly drunk teenagers a lift all the way to manly,and went a bit out of my way to take them closer than my usual route home would have taken them. If there is carma around, I must be still in the negative as I got given a speeding ticket as I drove home on the less farmilliar road.
    It probably could have been worse, but I'm glad yesterday is behind me as I cant afford to have too many days like that!!..And it was my Birthday too!!!!
    Jo

  19. #19
    1000+ Posts HONG KONG PUGGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Yarrabilba, Queensland
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    IAnd it was my Birthday too!!!!
    Jo
    ( )...add appropriate smiley yourself Jo...Happy Birthday for yesterday.
    (Bad luck doesn't discriminate!!)
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200



    Previous

    2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10





    "When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bayview NSW
    Posts
    98

    Default More on Simonetta Motors

    I went to Simonetta Motors today to take a pic or two for those who don't live closeby as I do. The pics give an indication of what's outside. As you can see in the first one, there are a lot of doors, most in pretty good nick. The way they were stacked, I couldn't identify any with certainty.

    Near the doors, the second pic shows a pile of bits and pieces. A nice R10 engine cover and door are visible, and that's an R12 head with fan attached. In the pile I saw some 504 and R12 front springs and brakes.

    Inside, on dusty shelves and elderly cardboard boxes are some real treasures for those with older cars. Frank showed me brand new kingpins for a Renault 4CV, new tie rod ends, a brand new tail light for a Dauphine, sparkling new front parking lights for R10s and the like. I only had eyes for Renault bits, but there are hundreds of other bits -- as might be expected, the legacy of decades of servicing and repairing French (and other) cars in the same location. Frank has a big job sorting everything out, and doesn't have time to identify and catalogue everything, but he does intend to look at everything he has, in order to sell it. He thought he might offer specific items to Aussiefrogs soon, when he has a sorted things out a bit, and then move to eBay later on. The idea is to get rid of everything over the next couple of months or so. Please don't quote me on this -- it's only to give you my impressions after talking with him today!

    Frank is a very reasonable and approachable guy, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind answering questions about what he's got, with the proviso that he's a busy man. His prices have always been very reasonable, in my experience.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lots of renault stuff going-pid007.jpg   lots of renault stuff going-pid008.jpg  

  21. #21
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    MANDURAH WA
    Posts
    383

    Default Renault Bits

    Quote Originally Posted by Clive Atkinson
    I went to Simonetta Motors today to take a pic or two for those who don't live closeby as I do. The pics give an indication of what's outside. As you can see in the first one, there are a lot of doors, most in pretty good nick. The way they were stacked, I couldn't identify any with certainty.

    Near the doors, the second pic shows a pile of bits and pieces. A nice R10 engine cover and door are visible, and that's an R12 head with fan attached. In the pile I saw some 504 and R12 front springs and brakes.

    Inside, on dusty shelves and elderly cardboard boxes are some real treasures for those with older cars. Frank showed me brand new kingpins for a Renault 4CV, new tie rod ends, a brand new tail light for a Dauphine, sparkling new front parking lights for R10s and the like. I only had eyes for Renault bits, but there are hundreds of other bits -- as might be expected, the legacy of decades of servicing and repairing French (and other) cars in the same location. Frank has a big job sorting everything out, and doesn't have time to identify and catalogue everything, but he does intend to look at everything he has, in order to sell it. He thought he might offer specific items to Aussiefrogs soon, when he has a sorted things out a bit, and then move to eBay later on. The idea is to get rid of everything over the next couple of months or so. Please don't quote me on this -- it's only to give you my impressions after talking with him today!

    Frank is a very reasonable and approachable guy, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind answering questions about what he's got, with the proviso that he's a busy man. His prices have always been very reasonable, in my experience.
    What a treasure trove ..... if I was only bit closer than Perth I'd be backing the trailer for sure. Any idea if there are any Renault Fregate parts among them and of coarse our much needed SIMCA parts, particularly for the Vedette.

    Think we all owe you some thanks for sharing the find.

    JP

  22. #22
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    MANDURAH WA
    Posts
    383

    Default Renault Bits

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    Sadly, simonetta motors,in brookvale is being sold ,and Frank is geting rid of alot of old renault and peu.... the other one,stuff.I saw about 30 odd doors going ,looking like R10,12 16 etc.. there is years worth of motors,suspension,windscreens,driveshafts etc etc and I think it will probably end up at the scrap heap if someone doesn't take it away. Worth checking out if these parts are your fancy.
    Jo
    THANKS Jo for sharing your find and a belated "Happy Birthday".

    JP (Simca & Fregate)

  23. #23
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    11,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panhard
    THANKS Jo for sharing your find and a belated "Happy Birthday".

    JP (Simca & Fregate)
    Just back on line. Did anything happen about someone posting a list of this stuff?

    I imagine a few of us would be interested in the "odd" things, like trim parts etc. Mechanical things aren't too hard to get but not at all uninteresting!

    How about R8 bits?

    JohnW

  24. #24
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hampton Park
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    I might have been a bit grumpier than I was,if the the old dear driving wasn't so damn nice and appologetic.I also figured that my chances of geting away without paying too much for her damage,were increased tenfold by taking the tail betwean the legs stance.
    The day got worse,though as After my gig at aparty in an out of the way leafy harbourside suburb,I gave two slightly drunk teenagers a lift all the way to manly,and went a bit out of my way to take them closer than my usual route home would have taken them. If there is carma around, I must be still in the negative as I got given a speeding ticket as I drove home on the less farmilliar road.
    It probably could have been worse, but I'm glad yesterday is behind me as I cant afford to have too many days like that!!..And it was my Birthday too!!!!
    Jo
    You were grumpy and you ran up her "rear end"? Obviously the road traffic laws are different in NSW. Here in Victoria it is our error if we crash into the rear of another car.

  25. #25
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,484

    Default

    It was one of those cases where I'm clearly liable for damages, but a more prudent driver may not have not put herself in that position. there was a red light with a green left turn arrow.Some cars had gone through already and the cars were into second gear.By her speed,the lady in front apeared to be turning left also, but then at the line stopped for the red light.If you wanted to plan a rear-ending, this would be the place to do it. My lense added to the pile of glass already in the gutter.
    Jo

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •