R25 rear springs into R20?
  • Help
    Tom

Icon5 R25 rear springs into R20?

Just wondering if this is a viable option. Are there any other rear springs that would be appropriate? Looking for something a bit stiffer than standard and a slight increase in ride height.

Advertisement

farmerdave

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Just wondering if this is a viable option. Are there any other rear springs that would be appropriate? Looking for something a bit stiffer than standard and a slight increase in ride height.
    What springs have you got at present?
    MR 212- (the r20/30 bible) lists 3 types thus:
    1 white mark, 15.7 dia, 6 coils, flexibility 33.9, free lenght 440mm
    1 dark green mark, 16 dia, 5.5 coils, flex. 29, free length 416mm
    1 blue, 1 yellow 17.4 dia, 6.5 coils, flex 25.3, free length 423mm- this is listed as a "cross country" spring. The rear springs in my r25v6 don't seem to match any of these these in terms of coil diameter, they are also very soft.

Farmerdave

Default R20 rear springs

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Some time ago I fitted Range Rover rear springs to the rear of my R20. Incresead the ride hight by about 3 inches. The springs fitted straight in without any changes. Might be worth a try if you get some free springs to play with.
    Regie

1000+ Posts

That's interesting, because Range Rover springs also fit straight into an R12. If that's the case, the solution I had for my R12 wagon may work, Tom.

I took the old springs in to a suspension shop and sized them up against all comers. I walked out with Lovells Nissan Pathfinder rear raising springs which fitted perfectly, were quite stiff, and raised the rear by about 2.5cm. They were slightly too stiff for the R12, so could be OK for the 20.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Thread Information