R8 G & 5 Turbo auction price?
  • Help

Default R8 G & 5 Turbo auction price?

R1135 dimantled rally car and Renault 5 1552 Turbo rally car (1980/81) to be auctioned tomorrow (Wed). Any ballpark guesstimates of what might be reasonable to expect re price?

Advertisement

With out seeing pic's of the R8G it's to had to tell.

From what I've heard it's best suited for someone whos keen on rallying.
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Is this the Scallywags racing deceased estate?

Depends on the number of interested parties at the auction - 20k for the R5 would be a good buy but could fetch 40k+

I couldnt predict a price for the R8 being dissmantled and all

I hve no idea or knowledge of the car. I have only just been made aware of the advt and i'm getting frustrated doing tarmac rallies in a Subaru Sti because of CAMS/arcom regs. I used to rally an R1135 in a previous life in WA and a rash of sentiment is threatening to take over! I'm also eying off the couple of 17TLs sitting around home and wondering about trying to do something with one. Yes it would be for tarmac rallies (Rally Tasmania, Rally Burnie etc).

A bit of post rationalisation here seeing this one has had most replies. My reply from the other message :-)

I just don't want to know the price of the 8G, particularly as I would love to be there to have a stab. Either ridiculously cheap, or insanely expensive is my price range.

The auctioneer wasn’t particularly helpful when it came to giving a description, understandably so given that some people will likely litigate if the description doesn’t match their expectations.

The 8G sounds like it has been straightened and is in primer fitted with a roll cage following it being “extensively damaged”, but the gearbox is in pieces in a box (no idea if 8G 353 box), there is no glass and there is no idea if the engine is an 8G or a 5A engine. No details were available of the engine or chassis numbers. Bits of the drivetrain are there as well as wheels, but there is no inventory of what is there or in what condition or if all the parts will make a complete car. He had been told that some parts had been scavenged from the 8G to be used on the 5 Turbo, he didn’t have any idea of what parts apart from “some instruments and lines”.

As usual being an auction, the final price will be what the highest bidder is prepared to pay, whether that is indicative of a market value is another thing :-)

Yes, Scallywags estate. I have competed against the 5 Turbo and it was not quick. How much was car prep and piloting who knows? The R8 is of more sentimental interest but I know nothing of it unless it turned out to be one of the 4 I previously owned and sold in a moment of stupidity that I still regret 18 years on.

The car is the ex-Peter Fortune, ex-Wayne George, ex-Paul Groome R1135, that was bought by Scallywags.
    Last edited by Simon; 15th March 2005 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Added extra PO name

Thanks Simon. Very helpful in painting a picture for me. What is a 5A engine? I've owned and seen the insides of R1134 (1108) and R1135 in std and Alpine kitted form but it was long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by keith mcelroy
    Thanks Simon. Very helpful in painting a picture for me. What is a 5A engine? I've owned and seen the insides of R1134 (1108) and R1135 in std and Alpine kitted form but it was long ago.
    5A was for 5 Alpine. Someone who saw the car when it was here for the Classic Adelaide spotted that it had a 5 Alpine motor fitted with the 8G replica rocker cover that is available. When the car was sold by Paul it had the the R1135 motor fitted, so what is included in the auction lot is not known, or the auctioneer could not confirm if there were two engines. Also the auctioneer said the engine only had one carby fitted, but they didn’t know what other bits were around.

Thanks again Simon. You have taught me interesting stuff. Starting to sound a touch tricky. Maybe I should stay home and stay married!

Quote Originally Posted by keith mcelroy
    Thanks again Simon. You have taught me interesting stuff. Starting to sound a touch tricky. Maybe I should stay home and stay married!
    Sounds sensible to me! :-)

Actually the auctioneer was probably saving me from harm too, they said they were not willing to accept phone bids or absent bids unless the car had been seen and inspected so you knew what you were buying. They were supposed to be sending me some pictures as bait, if they come through I'll post them up.

Yea they were suposed to send me pic's too, but I never recieved any.

Was a shame the guy I spoke to hardly new anything about it. He didn't even know if it was a 1135 or a 1134.

Apprentley it's been rolled in it's earlier life.
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Icon10 Mechanic available

May-be we could all pitch in and start 'Team Ausfrogs' and make a joint effort assault on all the tarmac and historic rallies around Australia??
    First in from each state gets the drive (transport costs shared.)
    (surely all our wives couldn't start a class action and divorce us all)
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Reno17
    Yea they were suposed to send me pic's too, but I never recieved any.

Was a shame the guy I spoke to hardly new anything about it. He didn't even know if it was a 1135 or a 1134.

Apprentley it's been rolled in it's earlier life.
    They certainly didn't seem to be acting in the best interests of their clients. It would be the first auctioneer that I have talked to that actually seemed to be making life hard for potential purchasers. Hardly the sort of service you would expect from a business with Global in their name.......

Fellow Frogger!

Default Auction price

Anyone know what they went for?
    On another sideline.... what about Team Africa (Another F....ing Race I Can't Afford) there is such here in NZ!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwia110
    Anyone know what they went for?
    Kick off isn't until 12 noon today AEST, 12/3, so I'd expect reports will filter in from then onwards......

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Kick off isn't until 12 noon today AEST, 12/3, so I'd expect reports will filter in from then onwards......
    Covers eyes, lalalalalalala not listening, don't want to know!!
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

tap tap tap

would love to know when someone finds out.