Help needed with Safrane autobox in 'old' South Wales
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon14 Help needed with Safrane autobox in 'old' South Wales

hi guys

well, i've gone half way round the World to solve this... hope you can help. I'm aiming to travel round Europe in an LPG (autogas) converted Safrane that i picked up for £20 last month, only problem is the auto box... it reverses when cool but will not go forward in any gear. slight (very) movement can be detected but she wouldn't go uphill really. I suspect low fluid but as for toppin up the fluid.... how the hell???

Advertisement

Trying to avoid the dealer... this is all being done on a VERY tight budget, and giving them £80/hr would really kill my beer..... err, fuel fund.

any help very very much appreciated

thanks
    Owain
    owbow@yahoo.co.uk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help needed with Safrane autobox in 'old' South Wales-engine-out-snow-012s.jpg  

Tadpole

Icon14

oops forgot to say she's the Exec 2.2 12v model with the 4 speed auto (dunno what number it is or anything?) apparently the filler is on the bottom of the box.. now i'm good with cars (been working on em damn near 15 year) but it always helps to do a little research. There's no dipstick on her but i'm sure i read someone's post saying they'd made up a dipstick and sorted their own levels out?

thanks again
    Owain

Attached is the Renault procedure, which requires a diagnostic computer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

1000+ Posts

Hiya Owain (Glyndwr?), and welcome to Aussiefrogs...

I'll just step in here and ask - Europa, is there another way without the computer?

Cheers

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Hiya Owain (Glyndwr?), and welcome to Aussiefrogs...

I'll just step in here and ask - Europa, is there another way without the computer?

Cheers

Stuey
    Some use dipsticks, and there is a mention in one of the technotes somewhere, having problems finding it. If I can locate it, I'll stick it up here.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

JoBo did make mention of his homemade temp sensor for in the order of $160, but didn't elaborate on how to fabricate it or how it is used.......

Tadpole

thanks guys! will have a look at that and get her sorted hopefully (after the brakes on my sunny, and the brakes on the camper van!)

oh yeah it's actually Owain Llywelyn lol

o.

Thread Information