Feugo Rear WIndow Wiper
  • Help

Default Feugo Rear WIndow Wiper

A friend of mine has a Feugo and wanted to know how to get the rear window wiper to work. I searched the previous threads and from Simons post i think its an 85 model as it has foggies, pwr steer and a rear window wiper.

Is the wiper switch supposed to be one of those chunky switches to the left and right of the instrument cluster? The three on the l/h/s are taken with hazard, front and rear fogs, the top one on the r/h/s is taken(rear demister??) and the lower two are solid. Is the switch supposed to be one of these solid ones?

Jensen

Advertisement
    2002 Monaco Blue Renaultsport Clio 172
    1975 R1317 Renault 17 Gordini

Administrator

I believe that the wiring is all there and all that is required is the switch, which is usually below the rear demister.

The wiper has a couple of rather nifty relays and it utilises the same power supply as the demister.

It's been a while since I had a good look at the wiring but it is an easy fit...

So did any feugos in oz have this switch? and if so which year(s). It would be nice if we could just get one out of a wreck but if not well just wire in an aftermarket switch or order a new genuine switch.

Jensen
    2002 Monaco Blue Renaultsport Clio 172
    1975 R1317 Renault 17 Gordini

Administrator

I have a second hand switch (and wiper assy if needed) and it is fine except for the pictogram on the front has started to fade off.

I can post it to you if you want as I don't have a rear wiper on mine and have no intention to fit one...

1000+ Posts

Default Fuego Rear wiper

Like Richard's car my 86 Fuego came from the factory without the rear wiper fitted (has the hole in the glass but fitted with a plastic plug) and I don't miss it at all.

My other 85 Fuego has a rear wiper fitted but frankly I never use it so for what it is worth my don't bother! Might be handy if your climate included sleet and snow in its weather pattern!

Ken

Useful after the car has been parked in the rain. When driving, the aerodynamics seem to keep the rear window very clean :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

1000+ Posts

Default Fuego rear window wiper

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Useful after the car has been parked in the rain. When driving, the aerodynamics seem to keep the rear window very clean :-)
    Agreed, thats why I carry a chamois cloth in the car, its useful for wiping down the duco too

Ken

Its not rain that buggers up my vision, but the dew that falls every night.It sticks like sh......... and wont come off with a wipe from a cloth. I have a switch you could have if you want.I think the stencil is good too.
    Jo

I can recommend "RainX" as a great product to help avoid that. The dew tends to bead into drops and roll right off the screen. Great product :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

SOLD. Have been using the stuff for years(rainex) but I need to be doing 90Kph + for it to start realy working. then its like the millenium falcon going into hyperdrive. It looks real cool when you put your squirter on at 110K's
    jo

Quote Originally Posted by Jensen
    A friend of mine has a Feugo and wanted to know how to get the rear window wiper to work. I searched the previous threads and from Simons post i think its an 85 model as it has foggies, pwr steer and a rear window wiper.

Is the wiper switch supposed to be one of those chunky switches to the left and right of the instrument cluster? The three on the l/h/s are taken with hazard, front and rear fogs, the top one on the r/h/s is taken(rear demister??) and the lower two are solid. Is the switch supposed to be one of these solid ones?

Jensen
    The rear wiper switch is on the right of the binnacle in the middle. Even if the switch is blank, the wiring should be there as wiring is standardised on all cars to minimise assembly costs. Once the switch is activated, if the rear wiper doesn't work, you can be guaranteed that the connection on the gas strut of the tailgate glass has failed (usually on the left side). Happens on virtually every Fuego. Replace with a chocolate box and you'll be fine. I've had 4 Fuego's and happened on every single one!!

I have driven both with and without a rear wiper, and I have to say I would prefer with.
    Once water does settle on the rear window, as said the airodynamics also stops water from rolling off.

My