RSC Springy Clutch??
  • Help

Default RSC Springy Clutch??

Hi all,

Advertisement

I've been in Perth recently so yesterday was the first time I've been able to have a good ride in my RSC 172, and I'm not exactly sure the clutch felt right.

Around the grab point, and in about the upper half of the clutch's throw, it was really springy - as in it almost forced my foot back prematurely... not a good thing in first, especially.

Does this sound right? I mean, it's something I could get used to eventually, I'd just be suprised if it were what's meant to happen.

Cheers,

Chris
    Christopher Jermyn

Dec'01 Clio RS 172

the clio does have a very late release point and it is quite stiff and springy

Maybe you should hit the Gym, do some squats etc

Haha!! The parents have a gym in Perth, so I was copping enough of that over there

As I said, it's not a huge problem, just takes a bit (lot?) of getting used to. Thought it might just have been something with the clutch cable.

Tell ya what, it makes it harder than an E46 M3 to drive out of first though!! Ahh well, love it anyway!

Chris
    Christopher Jermyn

Dec'01 Clio RS 172

yeah it is alot sharper then an E46 M3, not as much play as the bmw.

Quote Originally Posted by jerms
    Tell ya what, it makes it harder than an E46 M3 to drive out of first though!! Ahh well, love it anyway!
    Hah! What a name dropper

How many RS Clios can you buy for the price of one E46 M3?
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by jerms
    Hi all,

I've been in Perth recently so yesterday was the first time I've been able to have a good ride in my RSC 172, and I'm not exactly sure the clutch felt right.

Around the grab point, and in about the upper half of the clutch's throw, it was really springy - as in it almost forced my foot back prematurely... not a good thing in first, especially.

Does this sound right? I mean, it's something I could get used to eventually, I'd just be suprised if it were what's meant to happen.

Cheers,

Chris
    Yup thats just what they are like. I've got a pretty heavy leg so it doesnt worry me but the clutch pedal definitely springs out at the end of its travel. Its not a smooth transition but you'll get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Hah! What a name dropper

How many RS Clios can you buy for the price of one E46 M3?
    Well there's not much else I can compare it to!! It's one of three cars I've driven, and the other is a 1.6 Laser

And, at the price I got my Clio, you can buy approximately 7.07 RS Clios, plus probably another one with the on-road costs

Well, that's that problem solved, now I just need to get used to the shift pattern!!

Thanks guys!
    Christopher Jermyn

Dec'01 Clio RS 172

Thread Information