Clio Sport 2006????
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Clio Sport 2006????

hey guys just wondering if there is definately a clio sport coming out here in australia in 2006?

and will it be the rumoured 200hp????

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Probably.. as for 2006, who knows. Depends when they finally release it. Its supposed to be turbo and 6 speed, with around 200hp.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Tadpole

is there any links with pics or an artical on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Probably.. as for 2006, who knows. Depends when they finally release it. Its supposed to be turbo and 6 speed, with around 200hp.
    Not keen on the turbo bit..unless it's done reallllllly well. But 6-speed g/box and if they keep weight similar to now. Hmm may have to be my next car (well it would be in 2008 anyway since I would never..lottery win withstanding..buy a new a car).
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

I heard it was going to continue to be a 200hp n/a engine, same as they using now, but yes a 6 speed gearbox too. I would rather a 200hp n/a over a turbo unit though, perhaps they could offer two different models, 1 turbo and another n/a?
    JoJo

Tadpole

Going to share its floorpan with the Nissan Micra, so the Micra is going to handle great! or the Clio is going to handle like a dog.

Micra is a good car.... and don't laugh at me! Probably provides a better base than what Renault had to work with than the current Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by RSC172
    I would rather a 200hp n/a over a turbo unit though, perhaps they could offer two different models, 1 turbo and another n/a?
    Yeah same, definitely prefer a NA engine in a car like the RCS. I hope they don't bring a turbo unit, even if they still keep have an NA option because for marketing reasons, the turbo will definitely have more power over the NA, and since there's only so much power (probably 200hp) that you can safely and reliably put through such a lightweight FWD car, the NA car would be less for sure.

Anyway, I think 200hp is probably too much for the RCS or any lightweight fwd for that matter, unless they start bringing in LSDs etc. Even the current 182 has lost some steering feel because (from what I've heard) they've changed geometry to reduce torque steer. More power = more torque steer. Do we really want a RCS to have the steering feel of a commodore?
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Thread Information