Fuego motor tuning????????????
  • Help

Icon9 Fuego motor tuning????????????

Hey to all,
    I recently had my timing belt go on my 85 fuego, it thankfully did no damage to the engine or anything else(i think) so i proceded to pull the whole frount end apart to change the timing belt and other items that were easily changeable in the process. Because the belt went while i was moving the crankshaft and associated items(if that makes any sence) were not in sync.

So, i followed the haynes manual to the letter and put it all back together and low and behold it did not work(it sounded like shit shock me to death and backfired). i pulled it apart and found that the camshaft pully was on upside down according to the manual and the relative opening and closing of the chambers. ( now that i had removed the rocket cover)

Advertisement

Fixed that and it still did not work, found more things that were not right fixed them and it still does not work properaly, but it sounds a bit better and doesnt backfire......much.

What i want to know is there a way to change the timing on the electric ignition fuegos and how to do it cause haynes says it cannot be done(my father looked)??

Or if it is not something that can be easily explained or thats not the problem am i able to get somebody to come to my house and have a look and help me fix it( i was thinking of lube mobile ect.. but i want somebody who can actually do the job and not just send me huge bill) If somebody does come and can help me fix it, i am quite willing to pay for ur time dependant on what we orgainise.

Derek Hohmann
    Ps i live in Ormond in Melbourne

Administrator

If it is a Fuego with Power Steering, then you may find that the distributor drive has moved and the distributor is cross firing or similar.

How do you know that nothing was damaged when the belt broke? Every Fuego I know that has done a belt has bent atleast a valve or two...even at idle...

I would try doing a compression check to make sure.

If you want do give me a buzz, I might be able to have a look at it tommorrow as I am currently on leave.

You can contact me tonight on (03) 5429 5978...if it's engaged, just email me..

Default Timing belt

Your distributor timing has moved. You just have to line the cog up again. The bottom right one that also drives the oil pump.

I have just replaced my timing belt, and had the same problem initially.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequatly explained by stupidity.

Yeah, Mistareno helped me out and we fixed that but we also found that one of the valves had bent and so i have taken the head apart and i am now getting a new valve put in fo under $50.

So i will be back on the road terrorising people on Saturday afternoon

Thanks for the help

Thread Information