Type 330 Clutch adjustment
  • Register
  • Help

Default Type 330 Clutch adjustment

G'day,

Advertisement

Got a question on clutch adjustment on the 330 box in my R10, its gota 1.4 clutch in it and obviously late style thrust bearing.
    It started getting hard to select reverse, kept crunching so i assumed the clutch wasnt fully disengaging the box from the motor. So as the clutch was good when i had the engine out a couple of months ago i assumed it was just in need of adjustment. Ive adjusted now a couple of times and it now gets reverse easily but the take up point on the clutch pedal is really high, unlike before and any adjustment either way just seems to make it heavier or lighter but not change the take up point. I really liked it having a relatively low take up point compared to most other types of cars ive driven. In the workshop manual it says get the clearance between the fork and something else to 3mm but do you have to take off that little plate on the bottom of the bell housing to see this clearance?

Cheers

Jensen

To view the clearance you will have to remove the plate, but try 5-8mm pedal free play, that seems to equate about the 2-3mm clearance at the thrust bearing. But I'm wondering if the flywheel has been machined, especially if the clutch plate was new when the motor was installed. The facve of the flywheel may have been machined in the distant past with the seating face of the pressure plate unmachined.

Well i drove it down to phillip island last night and it started to slip, so i pulled over at a servo and adjusted again. It's now nearly back to where it was originally and i can get all the gears and reverse easily, so im happy. Who knows if the flywheel was machined in the past as the flywheel, clutch plate and pressure plate went straight from the wrecked car to mine, just gave it a check to see if it wasnt too worn. At least it's now all workin but it seems all a bit academic as the input shaft seal is leaking so its all gotta come out again soon! That will be a fun weekend.

Jensen

Thread Information