Does RSC and F1 Pack = sales
  • Register
  • Help

Default Does RSC and F1 Pack = sales

What you fellow Froggers think, will the "Renault F1 Team" Renault Sport Clio increase sales, give them a small peak in sales?, would you buy one?..... Valued at $1500
    Advanced Driving course +
    F1 Mens watch
    Remote Control F1 Car
    Scalectric Race Car Set
    Radio
    F1 Team shirt and T-Shirt
    and more? what ever that means

Advertisement

Oh and you get a real car as well...... a RSC :-)

I was wondering if the improvement in the F1 teams fortunes and the status of a RSC would increase the sales abit more before the new stock comes to these shores......

Just to counter the sales heres the sales for the subaru impreza range
    --------->
    since launch in the mid-90s Subaru has sold 21,354 WRXs and 2175 of the STi model, up to the end of July this year.

The revised line-up sees the company expecting 300 GX's a month, 160 WRX's, 150 RS's and 40 RV's and STi's each month.
    --------->

I wonder how the Clio range is going, from the first few years how the sales have stacked up to today?........ Oh saw my first traffic on the road yesterday in Melbourne.... I go some weeks here without seeing a renault and then bank in one day 7 pop out of the wood work, I still think we have some ways to go before the days of the R12, R16, Fuego frequent sightings.....

There was a Clio F1 pack at the dealer here up until recently. It even had the G racing tape over the top of the car. Thing is they didn’t really put a lot of thought into the tape and the car just looked wrong, thinner tape (or no tape) would probably have improved the look on the small car.

The F1 pack is basically just a run-out special, Renault were probably just lucky to have had the F1 victory just at the point in time before it came out earlier this year. It’ll be interesting if being a numbered limited edition if in the future it will be collectible. However even the first 85 Clio Cup cars at this point don’t seem to be showing any signs of collectible status in their early years which is probably to be expected. But the F1 pack seems to be pretty good value for what you get over buying one at full retail.

As for numbers of cars, and comparing to past sales. Even now sales would likely be exceeding the mean number of sales through the golden Heidelberg Years of 1966-1981. Total sales from 2001to now would be around the 12000 vehicle mark, and total sales of passenger cars to the end of July 04 is 1680. It was probably the overly optomistic sales projections that we know from the past that take the shine of the current sales numbers. As Renault were trying to re-establish the marque from a somewhat sketchy immediate past, it would have been hard to make those projections.

Given that the total AUS sales of 12’s from 1970-1980 was around 30,000, 16’s around 17,000 1968-1977 and Fuego’s 1982-1987 of around 3,500 shows that it probably won’t be too long until you think that Renaults are again common place.

In Adelaide, Trafics seem to be the current in thing, I've seen about a dozen now.

Ours came with the pack - we sold THE LOT on eBay, so it certainly wasn't an incentive; the test drive was though. I fell in love with it after 5 mins
    1999 Seat Cupra 2.0 16v: silly cams, throttle bodies etc (sold... )

2003 RSC on 17s

1977 Mk1 Golf 2.0 16v

1000+ Posts

Well its better than nothing!
    My dealer is always getting through his stock anywho....

Its also a good way to clear F1 stock that's going to be old in a few months!
    & other Misc stuff

I bought a Clio when the F1 Pack was going. Although i wasn't aware of the package when i first went to look at the car. i had wanted a RSC for a long time before...

What about the advanced driving course, have any of you RSC F1 owners taken that up, as the car is so good to drive, have you taken up on that....

Simon, yeh renault are slowly making inroads, I saw a megane driven by a older lady today, and a scruffy looking new laguna yesterday which seems like it's life will be a hard one.

I wonder if renault will block the sales of opels/holden Traffics in australia?. Like holden getting the contract for Cruze and suzuki not getting a look in. I don't know if that has already been talked about, but I have yet to see anything in the recent local press.

So Cupra-R was selling the F1 pack on e-bay worth $1500 ? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Covert
    I wonder how the Clio range is going, from the first few years how the sales have stacked up to today?........ Oh saw my first traffic on the road yesterday in Melbourne.... I go some weeks here without seeing a renault and then bank in one day 7 pop out of the wood work, I still think we have some ways to go before the days of the R12, R16, Fuego frequent sightings...
    Went to collect my parents Mk1 Laguna V6 from the dealer today (it was in for a replacement expansion tank, it sprung a small leak). Entire round trip was about 20km

On the way we saw:

1 x White Megane II 5 door
    1 x White Clio 1.4
    1 x White Fuego
    1 x Burgundy Scenic
    1 x Black Megane II Sedan
    1 x Green Scenic
    1 x Red R19
    1 x Grey Laguna II

Which I thought wasn't a bad average for a short journey.

Chatted to the sales guys, they told me they are the best performing dealer in Australia at the moment and are ahead of targets on both Megane Hatch & Sedan. He reckoned Adelaide is a "Renault friendly" city :-) Megane Sedan sales are very good (the dealer put it down to lack of imagination of the Australian car buying public - I do tend to agree somewhat!) Also, the runout special on the Scenic is bringing a lot of people in and selling a lot of them. They claim to be making almost nothing, but if it brings the new model in quicker that's OK, as they have a few people waiting for that as well.

He said I was about the 10th customer this week asking about the RS Megane. Could be a real winner, if they get the price right.

It was also nice to see a proper Renault service counter now, instead of just the Nissan one!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Fellow Frogger!

sorry to burst your bubble, but could the fact that you were on the way to a Renault dealer (and hence have people who just left the Renault dealer) be linked to the fact that you spotted so many Renaults on the way?

Quote Originally Posted by blue2th
    sorry to burst your bubble, but could the fact that you were on the way to a Renault dealer (and hence have people who just left the Renault dealer) be linked to the fact that you spotted so many Renaults on the way?
    OK, I live about 16km from the Renault dealer and on a 50km trip trough the eastern and western suburbs today (single Renault dealer in the northern suburbs) I saw:-

1 x white Trafic van
    1 x green 19RT
    1 x dark blue Megane cabrio
    1 x dark grey Megane sedan
    1 x silver Megane hatch
    1 x black RS Clio
    1 x black RS Clio (sans "Renault" badge on the back)
    1 x white Fuego
    1 x Trak Yellow 12GL
    1 x silver Laguna 2 hatch
    1 x silver Laguna 2 wagon (often seen, and I found they have a fibreglass tailgate after I saw the car bumped once)

XTC

Renault doesn't seem to be having a major impact here [WA], today saw a Laguna MK1 V6 and a Clio Privedge .. compared to what I see in the Carpark everyday which is 4x206GTi, 205GTi, 307XSE, 307Touring, a couple of 405's and 306's (inc 2x306 cabriolets), 3x206CC's .. close to 20 Pugs everyday. (and yes ALL of them have been hit with AF stickers). Maybe my eyes are drawn towards them, and I don't notice the Rens . NB: there is a few Xara's and C3's, but nothing older.

- XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

just like to point out that today for the first time( shows ou how long it has been since we got rain) i used the Renault F1 umbrella that comes with the F1 Pask, and i noticed it has a carbon fibre shaft. i was pretty chuffed by that... made me feel like i was in pit lane

Quote Originally Posted by blue2th
    Nice try, but no.

With the exception of the Black Megane II Sedan which was within 1km of the dealer, the other Renaults were spotted either parked, heading the opposite direction or in a perpendicular direction. I'd consider it highly unlikely that all these other Renaults were heading to or from the dealer. In addition, my Renault count did not include cars seen at the actual dealer!

Attached is a map showing the route followed. As you can see, contrary to many eastern state residents perception, there is more than one road in Adelaide
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does RSC and F1 Pack = sales-map.jpg  
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Thread Information