Renault Fuego
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Renault Fuego

Default Renault Fuego

Hello,Just wondering and it may seem like a dumb question but can you still get new body panels Down Under for a fuego .Tried everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere and had no luck so I'm desperate.If you have any do you think they'd turn to a pile of rust on the ship journey over to sunny Scotland? Any help would be appreciated fellow Renault lovers

Advertisement

Administrator

I think new body panels are still available here..

Try Caravelle Imports..
    their email address is [email protected]

Most S/H Fuego's are still rust free down under as we don't use salt on our roads and they have proved rather rust proof compared to many cars.

..what were ya after, I might be able to help you out...

Cheers man,bonnet,outer front wings x2,outer rear wings x2 and outer cills x2.If i can't find them my baby's going to have to be scrapped and that would be a shame cause theres hardly any left on the road here.Do you reckon you could find these parts?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 21Turbo
    Cheers man,bonnet,outer front wings x2,outer rear wings x2 and outer cills x2.If i can't find them my baby's going to have to be scrapped and that would be a shame cause theres hardly any left on the road here.Do you reckon you could find these parts?
    The front wings and bonnet are bolt on's and wouldn't be a problem...

I have a bonnet and 2 wings (in white) that are straight and completely rust free.

The rear wings and sills are welded in and would have to be purchased brand new...but Caravelle imports could probably help you out..

The killer would be transport costs....

Default Possibly my saviour

Any chance of you finding out the transport costs and giving me a price for the panels you have.I'd be forever grateful and you could have free holiday accomodation in sunny Edinburgh anytime you like.You could even bring them over in your suitcase

Administrator

Any chance of you finding out the transport costs and giving me a price for the panels you have.I'd be forever grateful and you could have free holiday accomodation in sunny Edinburgh anytime you like.You could even bring them over in your suitcase
    I shall look into transport...

I'd probably want $150AUD for the bonnet and $50AUD for each gaurd..

that would probably work out to around 100 GBP + transport...

Sounds good to me mate.Let me know when you get the transport costs.Got good plans for my Fuego,2.0L 21 Turbo Engine going in her,I see you have a GTX so you know how fast the 2.0L lump is,Imagine it with a Turbo fitted its gonna be quick

Administrator

Sounds good to me mate.Let me know when you get the transport costs.Got good plans for my Fuego,2.0L 21 Turbo Engine going in her,I see you have a GTX so you know how fast the 2.0L lump is,Imagine it with a Turbo fitted its gonna be quick
    We got a rather pollution restricted version of the 2.0 liter engine (8.5:1 C/R and about 77 kw)

I have always wanted to put a 21 Turbo engine in the Fuego, but we never got them out here...

I'll get back to you with some prices for transport...

You might also be able to help me out with a few bits and pieces...

Tell me what your after and I'll try and help(as long as it ain't panels)

Administrator

No body parts...

Mainly just 21 Turbo engine bit's and pieces...

Head, I and E Manifolds, Turbo, EFI computer and wiring loom...

If your serious theres a whole car up for grabs for £350 at the mo,body's shot but parts u want are sound. -££££££
    Last edited by 21Turbo; 29th August 2004 at 03:13 AM.

1000+ Posts

Richard and 21 Turbo

I am in the process of stripping out a white 85 build, and the body will end up as an empty shell, you are welcome to get parts for your deal - There is also one of the high centre bonnets available at AUD $150. I offered it to another member but he has not taken up the offer.

I was in Edinburgh last year. Judy and I spent about five weeks in Scotland and enjoyed last years long hot summer. We had packed for possible cold weather but it didn't eventuate and we spent most of our time in shorts and tee shirts.

Didn't see one Fuego while we travelled around GB.

Richard, you know where I live!! if you need anything Holler!!

Ken

Would it be a expensive task to bring a 21 turbo motor to Australia?

Whats required for the transplant, is it more or less just a bolt in job?

CYas Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Default Richard and Ken

As long as you guys sort something out at your end I'll be very happy to recieve the parts at my end where ever they come from.Ken you must have been so lucky with the weather it's p*ssed down for the last two months solid and i can't remember the summer being that good last year I tell you there ain't any Fuego's left up here,just mines sitting in the garage.To answer the other question about parts required to make the 2.0L Fuego into a Turbo,you'll need more than the head,I&E manifold Turbo,ECU and loom.From what I've seen on your forums you don't run fuel injection so you'd need electric fuel pump,etc,etc.Theres also an external oil cooler,electric water pump to cool the turbo,two intercoolers.The main stumbling block could be your block,you need to have an oil feed point to the turbo,an oil drain point from the turbo and an oil feed and return to the cooler,thats a lot of holes to find .I already have a bit of experiance with the Fuego turbo transplant but last time i started out with a 1647cc GTS and swapped it for a 1565cc Turbo,through time and trying to get a little to much out of it i kinda cooked it,large holes in pistons don't work,anyway i decided to put the 1647cc back in with the Turbo etc strapped to it,it went like stink eventually but at this point i found out about oil feed and return points.just a thought,so if your thinking about it better check them blocks first.I'll take some pictures if you want.Give me a shout if i can help with anything else Jamie

Hello,Just wondering and it may seem like a dumb question but can you still get new body panels Down Under for a fuego .Tried everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere and had no luck so I'm desperate.If you have any do you think they'd turn to a pile of rust on the ship journey over to sunny Scotland? Any help would be appreciated fellow Renault lovers
    Hey mate
    Strange as even in NZ we can get new body panels. In fact last week my local Renault dealer quoted me off the computer for a new bonnet ex France (turbo bonnet only). Not cheap at NZ$1000 (about 350pounds) but they still seem to be available. Check your Renault dealer as plenty of bits are still out there.

Believe me when i say there ain't no panels around up here.If there were i'd have them and i would'nt be annoying you lot.Even Mr Renault say theres the door when you mention the word Fuego.

Administrator

G'day,

Well I got some prices on freight from this end and it aint cheap..

Confirming your rate to: EDINBURGH
    Weight of Delivery: 1.12 Cubic Metres
    Rate per CBM: $300.00
    Freight Charge: $337.50
    Via: FELIXSTOWE
    Transit Time: 50 Days
    Documentation Fee: $85.00
    Pick Up: $82.50 (inc. GST)
    Total Price: $505.00 (AUD)

I guess this would work out to about 220 GBP ??

This sounds quite steep, so I'll make further enquiries with a mate of mine that works at a trnasport company (he's on leave at the moment in.....you guessed it GB )

I'll keep ya posted..

So, if I'm reading that right, it only costs $500 to bring a R21 Turbo engine to Australia?

If so, I thought that wasn't a bad price at all!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    So, if I'm reading that right, it only costs $500 to bring a R21 Turbo engine to Australia?

If so, I thought that wasn't a bad price at all!
    An engine weighs a fair bit more than a couple of gaurds and a bonnet although, by sea, the weight seems to be a bit irrelevent (within reason of course)...

I suppose when you think that it's going to the other side of the planet, it's not to bad though...

1000+ Posts

Years ago, when lots of British parts and cars were being imported here
    the go then was to put a car in the container, and then pack as much hardware and spares around in every nook and cranny as it cost the same to send a full container as it was to send a half empty container.

Several car club members would combine and this way reduce everyones cost landed in Australia.

Hmm how many complete Fuegos can you get into a container plus parts.plus parts panels etc etc. and what is it worth

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    Hmm how many complete Fuegos can you get into a container plus parts.plus parts panels etc etc. and what is it worth

Ken
    You could join forces with the Pug 504 exporters and strip mine Australia of all its Fuego's as well! One way to inflict the wrath of the TRX on the rest of the world!

1000+ Posts

Yeah Simon

I remember well when Australians stripped New Zealand of vintage cars until the Govt there put a spanner in the works.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    Yeah Simon

I remember well when Australians stripped New Zealand of vintage cars until the Govt there put a spanner in the works.
    Ken
    No wonder the NZ market is so big for Japanese imports then!! :-)

Hello all,

£320 for parts and transport does'nt seem to bad,obviously if you could get transport cheaper it would help.Only problem is i still can't get the weld on panels Tried the link in the original post but had no luck,just the usual "sorry but we can no longer supply these parts".Has anyone got any ideas what i do now?Do any of you have a sound shelled Fuego i could have?Is anyone willing to remove the weld on panels and ship them to me?

Think I'm fighting a loosing battle

PLEASE ANYONE HELP

1000+ Posts

O.K.

Time you came to AUS for a short holiday, I am sure we could line up a few car bodies, loan you a drill. You might have trouble with the odd shaped baggage though on the return trip

Ken

Customs "whats that thing" (bonnet?) " Err thats my sports flying wing"....

Sorry just my poor tempted humour!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information