• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Renault Fuego

Icon13

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    O.K.

Advertisement

Time you came to AUS for a short holiday, I am sure we could line up a few car bodies, loan you a drill. You might have trouble with the odd shaped baggage though on the return trip

Ken

Customs "whats that thing" (bonnet?) " Err thats my sports flying wing"....

Sorry just my poor tempted humour!!!
    Thanks for the help...NOT!

Gave up on the fuego project and got myself a A610turbo

I'm green with envy!!
    Jo

son of a bitch!

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Well you could have saved on that two door turbo and got this cheap sports car..... well that A610 is hard to beat, tell us the story behind buying it, as they are very rare here in Aust...... it's good to hear the story

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Renau...QQcmdZViewItem

Fellow Frogger!

Default Fuego

Shame you gave up, but I guess joining the ranks of Alpine owners ain't bad either!
    I was about to offer you a complete 1 owner immaculate Fuego with 123,00km (genuine) for the equivalent of 700 quid delivered to the docks ready for export!

tell us the story behind buying it
    Well........after the 21 turbo powered Fuego project came to a end due to lack of new body panels i was left with a 21 turbo which imo is never gonna be a looker but was a hell of a fast car...so i sold it and was left wonderig what to do next,then i decided i had to have an Alpine GTA 2.5v6 turbo,I looked around for a while and nothing came available that caught my eye,then as i was trawling through ebay i found an A610 only 40 miles from me in Dumfries(I live in Edinburgh)RESULT.
    I went to see it and the guy had three GTA's two atmos a turbo and the A610,GTA and A610 side by side and theres only one winner,as soon as i seen it i had to have it,if you've never seen one in the flesh you'll never know how stunning they are,no photo does it justice...anyway 3 days later it was mine,it had its faults,mostly small electrical faults,the air-con needed charged,new sump gasket,a few blemishes in the paint,nothing major so i was smiling from ear to ear...........till it cut out on me about 30 miles or so in my first journey in it.Every time the engine heated up to running temperature it would cut out.
    After a lot of new electrical parts in the engine bay it was still cutting out,it turned out theres at least 8 A610's in the UK with this problem,its all sorted now,turned out to be the wiring from the oxygen sensor on the exhaust transfering heat through the wiring loom and basicaly burning it out,all the other faults are now fixed too.

Its got a 3.0 turbo engine in the back that kicks out 250bhp,i think you could get it well over 300bhp by replacing the very restrictive manifolds,removing the cat and fitting a less restrictive silencer,but in a car that dont weigh much due to it being a fibreglass body its very fast in standard trim ,170 mph,0-60mph-5.7seconds,standing 1/4mile 13.2 seconds.Its also got race car handling due to the 57%-43% weight distribution and very large rubber in the corners,all this coupled with its low drag factor and good looks and i think i've found myself a beaut

Still love Fuego's though

How may GTA's and A610's made it to oz guys????
    I've been told theres only 28 A610's left in the UK that are RHD

Quote Originally Posted by Covert
    Well you could have saved on that two door turbo and got this cheap sports car..... well that A610 is hard to beat, tell us the story behind buying it, as they are very rare here in Aust...... it's good to hear the story

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Renau...QQcmdZViewItem

Thats a Fuego Turbo with fuel injection
    Dont see many of them around

Quote Originally Posted by 21Turbo
    How may GTA's and A610's made it to oz guys????
    I've been told theres only 28 A610's left in the UK that are RHD
    They were never officially sold in AUS, so all Alpines in AUS are private imports mostly from the UK. There would be probably an even dozen GTA's here, depending on what's currently on the water, and one A610. So not too common depending on which French Car Day you attend.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information