Interested in buying Scenic Perth WA
  • Register
  • Help

Default Interested in buying Scenic Perth WA

Hi,

I have just come across the cheap Scenics for sale at Melville Renault, Perth (20,000-30,000kms travelled - $19,990 - are they ex-Budget rental cars?). Can anyone tell me if they ever run their Scenic on regular unleaded? If I want to do some long trips in WA I figure Premium wont always be available? Has anyone found this to be an issue?

Fordman? which dealer were you refering to re the new ones for $25,000? What about servicing in Perth? are they expensive or time consuming to keep in good nick?

Cheers, keen to hear any responses

Sinkas

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Sinkas, when I was looking at a Clio ex-rental at Giant Nissan, I just asked the sales guy directly and he admitted it.

Stuey

Quote Originally Posted by sinkas
    Hi,

I have just come across the cheap Scenics for sale at Melville Renault, Perth (20,000-30,000kms travelled - $19,990 - are they ex-Budget rental cars?). Can anyone tell me if they ever run their Scenic on regular unleaded? If I want to do some long trips in WA I figure Premium wont always be available? Has anyone found this to be an issue?

Fordman? which dealer were you refering to re the new ones for $25,000? What about servicing in Perth? are they expensive or time consuming to keep in good nick?

Cheers, keen to hear any responses

Sinkas
    Hey mate, welcome to Aussiefrogs! I'd say there is a good chance that they are ex Budget Scenics as they had quite a few, you may have noticed a few Vic registered Scenics & Clio's around, they are definetely ex Budget & the dealers seem to have spread them around so that its not as noticeable. For instance there are 2 Vic registered Clio's @ Magic Nissan in Rockingham which is affiliated with Melville Motors. Even an ex hire car at such low km cant be that bad I suppose as long as it checks out 1st. Their are many Renault service options in WA aside from the dealer, I'd recommend Euromotives in Osbourne Park, you'd save big bucks over a dealer service.

As far as PULP goes in rural WA, the last car I ran on PULP was my old 16V & I had a hell of a time whenever I drove in the country trying to find it. I eventually found it easier to get a list of servo's that sold it from each major supplier & kept that handy whenever I went to the country. This was about 4 yrs ago so I'd say there are many more now though. Since then I have had SAAB's, 2CV & Xsara etc which run happily on ULP or the D on LRP which has been less of a headache.

I think Giant's is the only one offering brand new Scenics for $21,990. Now that is a bargain I have to say, be annoyed though if I had bought one in the last year or so! I have seen heaps of Renaults on the road in WA though lately which is good to see, saw a very nice black Megane today, geez they look great! Cant wait to see the Sport version

1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

We run our Scenic on PULP by choice but have had many tank fulls of ULP which is not really noticeable

Seem to recall the owners manual says PULP is preferred but ULP is OK

Servicing costs have been very reasonable from local renault dealer

Freddie

1000+ Posts

Pug307 and I had no problems at all in the south west of WA in getting PULP for our Renault Megane Cab. We had no probs out at Hyden either - they had PULP (expensive, but still...)

Check the servo websites - they all have databases where you can look them up.

Derek.

Hi all,
    Thankyou for your replies to our post.
    A couple of other queries:

1) Has anyone had adults travel decent distances in the rear?, were they comfortable?

2) Does anyone have the leather interior, is it good quality?

3) How is the airconditioning, does it cool the car in hot Aussie summer weather?

4) I noticed Fordman at least had Cruise control fitted, Which unit was it and does it work well with the Scenic? IS it possible to put CC on both Auto and Manual?

Cheers

Sinkas

1) Has anyone had adults travel decent distances in the rear?, were they comfortable?
    I am a large person and so is my 14 yo so when we travel interstate I remove the middle seat and leave it at home - the remaining seats can then be located 100mm further inboard and this gives extra shoulder room - comfort is quite good especially consideriing the category of the car

2) Does anyone have the leather interior, is it good quality?

We have the Dynamique which is half leather - seems to be wearing very well (18 months)

3) How is the airconditioning, does it cool the car in hot Aussie summer weather?
    seems fine (we are in southern Victoria) and it does have tinted windows and that special windscreen (see an earlier thread) also seems to work well to keep the interior cool

4) I noticed Fordman at least had Cruise control fitted, Which unit was it and does it work well with the Scenic? IS it possible to put CC on both Auto and Manual?
    My one annoyance was the lack of factory CC - have not looked at aftermarket so will wait for any responses

Freddie

Thread Information