Renaultsport Clio 182 released soon
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Default Renaultsport Clio 182 released soon

I've just had a call from my Renault dealer here in Perth and my Titanium Renaultsport Clio 182 with Cup Suspension pack arrives in early September. I've only been waiting three months so a few more weeks won't hurt.
    Same price as the Clio 172 plus no more than $500 for the Cup pack.
    Can't wait!

Advertisement

Noice! You'll have to write a review once you've had it for a little while.

Have you driven a 172?

its good they are keeping the price the same/similiar.

i wontder how long it will take till they start cutting deals on them, i know it was quite a while beofre they started to do any noticible discounts on the 172.

The Clio sports are pretty rare here, I only saw my first 172 a few days ago on the freeway cutting through the traffic with a Nissan 350Z on its tail. I've never driven one but was inspired to get one from the plethora of rave reviews from Europe and the pics from the Clio Cup races. I used to compete with a FIAT 128 sedan that lifted its rear wheel in similar fashion to the Clios and a FIAT 850 sedan that just lifted both inside wheels when cornering at speed (never knew about it until I was shown a photo taken at Waneroo Raceway years ago). I'll definately baby it along for a the first few months as I always run cars in for the first few thousand K's, but then.....

My observation in Adelaide is that I see either povo-pack 1.4 Clios or RS Clios with the works.

It's been ages since I've seen a 1.6...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Default "Baby it"

Great stuff I look foward to your comments.
    I wonder about cars setup to hard sus wise the raods are too ruff and being part of the sceenary is not what its all about.
    Oh and have a look at some of the running in articles of recient and from the info being "to kind" can kill a new car
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    its good they are keeping the price the same/similiar.

i wontder how long it will take till they start cutting deals on them, i know it was quite a while beofre they started to do any noticible discounts on the 172.
    You reckon it's a good thing? It'd really devalue the 172's. I know if I'd just bought the '172 and then the '182 came out the same price, I'd be pissed cos the resale of the '172 would take a bit of a jump down.

Biologist, as AU-YT said, drive the thing hard when you get it. Best way to run it in. It's great to hear that the '182 is available with the Cup suspension. Enjoy!
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Tadpole

There was an iceberg silver 182 on the Monash freeway on monday arvo ; they can't be far away.

Phil

I didn't realise the Cup pack was available on the 182. Awesome stuff.

I wonder if Michelin will bring out the Exaltos that are on the Cup wheels.

/me is suddenly interested in a RSC as his next car...

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    You reckon it's a good thing? It'd really devalue the 172's. I know if I'd just bought the '172 and then the '182 came out the same price, I'd be pissed cos the resale of the '172 would take a bit of a jump down.

Biologist, as AU-YT said, drive the thing hard when you get it. Best way to run it in. It's great to hear that the '182 is available with the Cup suspension. Enjoy!
    The 172 has already taken a drop in price just ask some one trying to sell one
    I recon the price for a three year old one now is 20 to $22,000!
    Great buying hard part is finding one with sensible milage.
    OH and dont for get the next CLIO series is only next year its a never ending cycle so doesnt matter when you buy one unles its like another french company and bring out a car thats not as good performance wise not mentioning any names
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by AU-YT
    The 172 has already taken a drop in price just ask some one trying to sell one
    I recon the price for a three year old one now is 20 to $22,000!
    Great buying hard part is finding one with sensible milage.
    OH and dont for get the next CLIO series is only next year its a never ending cycle so doesnt matter when you buy one unles its like another french company and bring out a car thats not as good performance wise not mentioning any names
    Graeme
    That doesn't sound too bad in terms of resale, roughly around 60% which is around average for 3yr old cars with average mileage. When I bought my car around Nov' '03 I was looking at RSCs as well, and was offered a black 4 month old 2500 km demo model from Renault dealership in Adelaide for 28-29K drive away. I thought that seemed like a good buy.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

1000+ Posts

Biologist, how much on the road is it costing you if you dont mind.
    Also will they come in some more different colours?

cheers jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Fellow Frogger!

good news good news ! lucky you !

whats the in cup package?

has the interior had any improvements?

There are new colours,

Titanium Silver metalic
    Black metalic
    French Racing Blue with opional racing stripes
    Pearl gold metalic
    and Artic blue metalic.
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    good news good news ! lucky you !

whats the in cup package?

has the interior had any improvements?
    New 16" Renaultsport alloy wheels follow the design from the Mégane Renaultsport 225 and are fitted with wider 205/45 Michelin Exalto 2 tyres.
    • The front and rear spoilers from the Cup are now available as an option.
    • A Cup chassis option is introduced offering a wider track front and rear, a stiffer sidewall on the tyres, a lower ride height, stiffer springs and dampers and new steering geometry. With this option the wheels are finished in an anthracite colour.
    Interior looks the same:

Fellow Frogger!

thanks gti124

how will anthracite colour work?

interior is a let down for me, but hey nothing some dollars cant fix.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    interior is a let down for me, but hey nothing some dollars cant fix.
    hehe which bits need fixing? I've seen that plastic vertical trim on the door (back edge of window) go a bit wonky at the bottom...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

I work just up the road from Renualt HQ in Dandenong and this morning went past (in oposite directions) a silver 2 door clio with twin exhaust just like the 182 (didn't look after market but could have been). The release can't be far off.
    If all you have is a hammer, treat the world like a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v
    Biologist, how much on the road is it costing you if you dont mind.
    Also will they come in some more different colours?

cheers jr
    All up the RSC should be just below $38000, I decided to get the paint protected with a treatment that has a lifetime warranty, which really means if it gets scratched or marked it will be fixed for free as long as I keep getting the car serviced at the same dealer. No real problem there as there are only two in Perth.
    Re Running in the car, I'm no fanatic in this regard. I'll just work my way up to max rpm over a few thousand K with occasional bursts in the meantime. All my new cars have done very well with this regime and after 60-70,000 Km spin really well and still have clear oil before an oil change. Running in my first new engine was a pain as the thing would rev to 8000 plus and the diff ratio was so low it was just too easy to hid the red line in first and second.

I've got an article from a british car magazine, funnily enought called 'car', and they reviewed the new Clio 182, Mini Cooper S, Peugeot 206 GTi 180, and a Seat Leon Cupra. They pretty much ran them all through their paces to see which was the best hot hatch in that particular class/price range. I'm glad to say that the Clio was placed first, with the Mini in second, the Seat in third, and to my astonishment, the 180 was placed dead last

Now of course this is just one opinion of one magazine, but it's always best when you're on the winning opinions side, right? If anyones interested it's from issue 500, April '04.
    JoJo

Car magazine (the British car magazine, not a British car magazine) have also downgraded the Peugeot 206 GTI-180 to three stars in their monthly comparison The Good, the Bad & The Ugly. They use words like "Plasticky and increasingly outdated". The Clio Renaultsport 182 gets five stars, of course! The main article referred to by RSC172 said "The Clio's important bits work together in a way the 206 can only dream about". The Pug was criticized for a shocking driving position, harsh ride, sloppy gearchange and some rubberiness in the steering. Sad really (I drive a 306GTi-6).

biologist, I'm also in Perth and spoke to both Renault dealers this morning. One is taking orders (although says pricing is not 100% fixed); the other claims that the cars are not yet available and that the other dealer shouldn't be offering them! Very strange. Have you actually parted with any money yet? Has anyone else in Australia had an order accepted from a dealer yet?

The dealer I spoke to also mentioned that there are two chassis options; "standard" and "enhanced" (he didn't like calling it "Cup") with 10mmfront/20mmrear wider track, 3mm lower ride height and stiffer springs. Costs $AUS1000 (it's 200 pounds sterling in the UK according to Car. ) Any colour available with the suspension pack. There are five colours, black, silver, light blue, dark blue and a new (to Renault) colour called "blood orange" (perhaps that's the metallic gold mentioned by Reno17). The tacky, stuck-on white stripes shown on the French blue UK model in the Car article will not be available here, apparently.
    Last edited by scirocco; 4th September 2004 at 07:28 PM.

A friend of mine has called up Renault on the Gold Coast multiple times trying to find out anything about the 182. One guy hadn't even heard of the 'new' Clio 182, another said "this year sometime", and another said they won't be on sale here until they sell all the 172's..... Hmmmm
    JoJo

renault windsor are aware of them coming

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by scirocco
    The dealer I spoke to also mentioned that there are two chassis options; "standard" and "enhanced" (he didn't like calling it "Cup") with 10mmfront/20mmrear wider track, 3mm lower ride height and stiffer springs.
    Pardon my ignorance, but how did they widen the track of the car? Also, are these Cup options are fitted at the factory and therefore must be ordered along with the car? Am just wondering if they can be retrofitted to the current model RSC?

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo
    Pardon my ignorance, but how did they widen the track of the car? Also, are these Cup options are fitted at the factory and therefore must be ordered along with the car? Am just wondering if they can be retrofitted to the current model RSC?

Just different wheels with lower offset.

That's how they did it with the Cup version. instead of +48.5 you fit a wheel with offset of +38. instant 20mm wider track.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information